Human Health + For Profit (Privatized Healthcare) = Liability Murder (A Case Discussion)

I read your first posts on this a few days ago and asked if there was a living will for this individual who died. If he was wealthy, and you say he was, then his attorney should have a copy of it along with his estate will.

The for-profit healthcare system billed my brother's insurance for $1.3M after 3.5 years of cancer surgeries, chemo, testing, doctor visits, and finally hospice for 3 days. Insurance companies didn't want to pay most of it, of course. So they come after the survivors, in my case. It's all backwards here in the U.S.

And I told you power of attorney had been "agreed to" by him, transferred to the one who ordered that antibiotics be withheld against his spoken will and protest at the hospital....for four days...until he died fighting to the end to live. And the one who ordered that this occur, immediately stood to inherit without incident, all of his assets upon his death. His spouse, and power of attorney.

So the power of attorney did not include an advanced directive/living will for his medical care? A power of attorney cannot be "agreed to" or transferred without it being in writing, signed by both the patient and the executor/executrix, and several witnesses, then notarized. A copy is filed with the hospital and also with the executor/executrix of the person's estate, and hopefully an attorney also has the POA and the estate will on file.

You're saying his wife had the POA and was the executrix of his estate, then? It was her job to follow the directive, and if he was terminally ill and requested that no medical methods or means be used to prolong or resuscitate his life, then there's no wrong doing.

If this is being investigated then the first things that need to be produced into evidence are the POA/living will or advanced directive, and the estate will. If these documents don't exist then you've got a "he said-she said-he said" situation.

So the power of attorney did not include an advanced directive/living will for his medical care? A power of attorney cannot be "agreed to" or transferred without it being in writing, signed by both the patient and the executor/executrix, and several witnesses, then notarized. A copy is filed with the hospital and also with the executor/executrix of the person's estate, and hopefully an attorney also has the POA and the estate will on file.

You're saying his wife had the POA and was the executrix of his estate, then? It was her job to follow the directive, and if he was terminally ill and requested that no medical methods or means be used to prolong or resuscitate his life, then there's no wrong doing.

If this is being investigated then the first things that need to be produced into evidence are the POA/living will or advanced directive, and the estate will. If these documents don't exist then you've got a "he said-she said-he said" situation.
He was protesting his own death as he lay in the hospital. So their solution was to sedate him more so he couldn't protest.

Yes, the power of attorney was signed by him, but cajoled that way because of his Alzheimer's getting worse..I doubt it included the phrase "even if I protest and clearly want to live at the time I fall ill from something easily curable"..

Now you tell me if that applies under the power of attorney clause...from a person who had it and stood to gain 100% instant control of his assets upon his death. Don't forget, the HMO also stood to gain 100% of his remaining premium payments for some 30 years upon his death.

If he signed a POA while he was addled with Alzheimer's, would that even be a legal signature? Her proper venue at that time would've been to go through the courts, yes?

People are saying "socialized medicine will suck!". Not nearly as bad with it's citizen's audits & oversight as my family member's private healthcare plan that he thought was so great...until it killed him..literally...for profit...

Human health + forced .gov healthcare (Obamacare) = Liberty murder (slavery)
I'm all for the botched compromise of "Obamacare" being revised. But there already is government healthcare in the form of medicare and the VA. The systems are not perfect; but they don't promote murder for profit of the elderly/expensive patient quite like the for-profit system does without any oversight by the citizenry.

It's insidious, private health "insurance" (unless you are getting older). It has to stop.

What amazes me is how the 1% resist single payer when it would increase demand for the products they get rich off of selling to a public currently only able to funnel the remainder of their monthly income to the health insurance INDUSTRY. All those other industries are bowing their heads in obedience to this one black hole in the American economy.

It's just stunning how little math politicians on the right are capable of doing with pen and paper.. I guess they just hire accountants "for all that complicated stuff!"...

Forum List

Back