Huh: Despite Being Shot, Dems Blocked Steve Scalise From Testifying on Gun Violence

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
He doesn't support new gun control measures Democrats are hoping to pass with their new majority.

What a waste of time! They won't get past the Senate or the POTUS, and they don't have anywhere near a veto-proof margin!...............Democrats wasting money and time, as always....................

House Democrats blocked Republican Whip Steve Scalise from testifying at a hearing on "gun violence" this week despite being a victim of a shooting. The reason? He doesn't support new gun control measures Democrats are hoping to pass with their new majority.

"It was pretty bizarre. Historically when Republicans were in charge, even when Democrats were in charge prior to this more radical leftist majority, if a member of Congress wanted to testify on a committee, they always provided a venue for that to happen," Scalise said. "In this case they were holding a hearing in the Judiciary on reducing gun violence and I've got a perspective clearly mine dealt with something that happened to me and I saw how guns were used to save people's lives. It should have been able to be part of the testimony. They wanted to focus on taking away the rights of law abiding citizens which their bill ultimately does."

Read more at townhall.com ...

He doesn't support new gun control measures Democrats are hoping to pass with their new majority.

What a waste of time! They won't get past the Senate or the POTUS, and they don't have anywhere near a veto-proof margin!...............Democrats wasting money and time, as always....................

House Democrats blocked Republican Whip Steve Scalise from testifying at a hearing on "gun violence" this week despite being a victim of a shooting. The reason? He doesn't support new gun control measures Democrats are hoping to pass with their new majority.

"It was pretty bizarre. Historically when Republicans were in charge, even when Democrats were in charge prior to this more radical leftist majority, if a member of Congress wanted to testify on a committee, they always provided a venue for that to happen," Scalise said. "In this case they were holding a hearing in the Judiciary on reducing gun violence and I've got a perspective clearly mine dealt with something that happened to me and I saw how guns were used to save people's lives. It should have been able to be part of the testimony. They wanted to focus on taking away the rights of law abiding citizens which their bill ultimately does."

I didn't know it worked like that. If anybody who wants to testify before at a congressional hearing can testify, I'm gonna sign up to do that the next time I'm in Washington. It will be a cool story to tell my grand kids.

I didn't know it worked like that. If anybody who wants to testify before at a congressional hearing can testify, I'm gonna sign up to do that the next time I'm in Washington. It will be a cool story to tell my grand kids.

It's a courtesy that Congress members normally extend to each other. It's kind of like cops giving each other a pass on speeding. Professional courtesy.

But Democrats gave up on being courteous years ago.

It's a courtesy that Congress members normally extend to each other. It's kind of like cops giving each other a pass on speeding. Professional courtesy.

Sorry, but I'm kinda busy right now. I promise to read your condemnation about courtesy as soon as I finish filing all these stories about the GOP inauguration day meeting to agree to oppose Obama at every step, all these birther stories, and 25 years of groundless Hillary investigations

Sorry, but I'm kinda busy right now. I promise to read your condemnation about courtesy as soon as I finish filing all these stories about the GOP inauguration day meeting to agree to oppose Obama at every step, all these birther stories, and 25 years of groundless Hillary investigations

Hilariously enough I condemn Republicans when they behave that way as well. I'm not a Democyrte.

Forum List

Back