Huckabee: ‘Kim Davis In Federal Custody Removes All Doubts About The Criminalization Of Christianity

This is why the bigots lose. Because they are hypocrites and they are evil. They worship false prophets and deceivers.

If they were truly upstanding and faithful, nothing could yield to them.

Nothing.

Beware the wolf in sheep clothing.

You progressives are all idiots and extremely anti American

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
Because we oppose someone using government authority to FORCE the citizens of her county to obey her religion?

Davis lacks the authority to make up religious tests that citizens must pass before they can receive state services.
Read the constitution you ignorant ass

I have. The first amendment explicitly forbids the government establishment of religion. Kim Davis tried to use the State to force people to abide her religious beliefs. That's government establishment of religion. And a 1st amendment violation.

Ass.
shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

Simple things escape idiots who support tyranny like yourself

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists
The Final Letter, as Sent

To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists (June 1998) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

Jefferson is explicitly saying that the freedom of religion does NOT extend to one's governmental duties. That ' wall ' must separate the two dichotomies.

G W Bush brought in an era of shirking responsibility. Nothing was ever his fault. He always had someone else to blame. The tradition of the man at the top, the buck stops here, was just tossed out the oval office window by Bush.
This woman took a job and is shirking her responsibility. She could have resigned when she learned the courts would demand that she take actions she thought conflicted with her religious convictions. It is her own fault she is in the position she is in, but she is following the Bush Doctrine of blaming someone else for her irresponsible behavior.

The ironic part is the Judge that sent her off to the pokey, is a George W. appointee. I find that delicious.

No, the Judge put her in jail for her refusal to issue the licenses.

Her motives are IRRELEVANT.

She could have refused to issue them because she was allergic to the paper and didn't want to touch it. And she would still have been thrown in jail.

She refused to follow a direct order of a Supreme Court judge ( state ) and the United States Supreme Court. Her religious beliefs do not over rule the Supreme Court.

PERIOD

===============

She was. She refused to issue licenses for religious reasons thus this judge threw her in jail because of her faith

He had her thrown in jail till she changed her convictions. That is illegal in the USA

He gave her choices & SHE chose jail.

She could have refused to issue them because she was allergic to the paper and didn't want to touch it. And she would still have been thrown in jail.

She refused to follow a direct order of a Supreme Court judge ( state ) and the United States Supreme Court. Her religious beliefs do not over rule the Supreme Court.

PERIOD

===============

She was. She refused to issue licenses for religious reasons thus this judge threw her in jail because of her faith

He had her thrown in jail till she changed her convictions. That is illegal in the USA

He doesn't have that authority.

G W Bush brought in an era of shirking responsibility. Nothing was ever his fault. He always had someone else to blame. The tradition of the man at the top, the buck stops here, was just tossed out the oval office window by Bush.
This woman took a job and is shirking her responsibility. She could have resigned when she learned the courts would demand that she take actions she thought conflicted with her religious convictions. It is her own fault she is in the position she is in, but she is following the Bush Doctrine of blaming someone else for her irresponsible behavior.

The ironic part is the Judge that sent her off to the pokey, is a George W. appointee. I find that delicious.
Did you think only commiecrats had progressives?

You progressives are all idiots and extremely anti American

Because we oppose someone using government authority to FORCE the citizens of her county to obey her religion?

Davis lacks the authority to make up religious tests that citizens must pass before they can receive state services.

I have. The first amendment explicitly forbids the government establishment of religion. Kim Davis tried to use the State to force people to abide her religious beliefs. That's government establishment of religion. And a 1st amendment violation.

Ass.
shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists (June 1998) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

Jefferson is explicitly saying that the freedom of religion does NOT extend to one's governmental duties. That ' wall ' must separate the two dichotomies.
None of which is in the Constitution asshole

PERIOD

===============

Wait...you are saying that a judge doesn't have the authority to find someone in front of their court in contempt? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ass.

Gentlemen

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

Gee. You're right. No separation of church and state. Now the state can tell the church what to do. Thanks. That was easy.

Clerk Kim Davis' Attorney Says She Will Appeal Ruling, Marriages ‘Void’

150903174608-kim-davis-mug-large-169.jpg

The Presbyterian church now blesses gay marriage as a Christian union and in fact will allow same sex church marriages, so,

let's say this Davis woman is working, and two Presbyterian women come in for a marriage license.

Whose religious rights under the 1st Amendment get to be exercised?

The Presbyterian couple who want to marry, or the whatever-Christian denomination she is clerk who claims a religious right to refuse them?

Ass.

Gentlemen

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

Gee. You're right. No separation of church and state. Now the state can tell the church what to do. Thanks. That was easy.
Actually it can't because that is in the Constitution so you fail as normal

Ass.

Gentlemen

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

It was a further explanation of the Establishment Clause that IS in the Constitution...written by Thomas Jefferson... a chief architect of said Constitution.

You silly little man.

The Presbyterian church now blesses gay marriage as a Christian union and in fact will allow same sex church marriages, so,

let's say this Davis woman is working, and two Presbyterian women come in for a marriage license.

Whose religious rights under the 1st Amendment get to be exercised?

The Presbyterian couple who want to marry, or the whatever-Christian denomination she is clerk who claims a religious right to refuse them?

It's a shame none of the 1st Amendment 'experts' around here will never even attempt to solve the above dilemma.

I've asked it before.

PERIOD

===============

Um, ya, apparently he does.

And did.

Ha ha

ha.

Ass.

Gentlemen

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

Is religious based pacifism a legitimate exemption from paying taxes that go to wars/the military?

Do what they're doing now, find someone else to issue them. Not throw her in jail as an example to all Christians.

-Geaux
Straight question here, I haven't followed this story that closely: That would be fine, was she the only person there who could issue licenses? Why didn't they or she do what you suggest?

When she refused to do her job she should have been replaced or fired. Easy Peasy.
She's an elected official, making it that much harder to do.

Crap. Though she was a hired employee. Too bad.

She still can't do as she wants when its a court order.

She is one stupid ass.
How many sanctuary cities are there again?

What do they have to do with this case?

Man, I had 65 alerts on this thread. Read them all.

Some of you should seek help.

-Geaux
================================

Forum List

Back