Huckabee: ‘Kim Davis In Federal Custody Removes All Doubts About The Criminalization Of Christianity

She WAS NOT thrown in jail for her religious beliefs.

She was thrown in jail for CONTEMPT OF COURT which charge resulted from HER REFUSAL TO DO HER JOB.

===========

Only a asshole like you thinks it is cool to toss someone in jail for religious beliefs. What next gas chambers?

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
She was. She refused to issue licenses for religious reasons thus this judge threw her in jail because of her faith

Was it the criminalization of Christianity when Jeff Warrens was sent to jail? After all he was following his deeply held religious beliefs. lol
Defending little girl molesting seems to be one of the Hucksters favorite missions
He did not support that you lying shit! you pathetic assholes don't care what you lie about do you?

I thought I saw him defending that Duggar dude who molested his little sisters. It was in all the news. You must have missed it.
No you lying fuck . He forgave him he did not support him. He is a pastor and that's what they do. He even will forgive you for your false witness against him

Wonder how much he's standing with Josh Ashley Madison Duggar these days?

You got more guts than a packing house floor to be calling other people " ignorant ass "

If someone looks up " ignorant " in the dictionary it has your picture.

===========
[

Read the constitution you ignorant ass

I have. The first amendment explicitly forbids the government establishment of religion. Kim Davis tried to use the State to force people to abide her religious beliefs. That's government establishment of religion. And a 1st amendment violation.

Ass.
shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

Simple things escape idiots who support tyranny like yourself

And she can practice her religion. What she can't do is use the State to force other people to practice her religion. Which is exactly what she tried to do.

Ass.
She was jailed for following her religious belifes.

Nope. She was jailed for trying to force other people to follow her religious beliefs. The judge offered her a perfectly reasonable comprimise: let another clerk issue the licenses. She refused, insisting she'd do everything in her power to interfere with any clerk trying to do so.

Davis can't make up religious tests for state services. Nor can she force her fellow clerks or county citizens to abide her religion. That's state establishment of religion. And a 1st amendment violation.

Ass.
By not issuing a license that isn't a right to begin with? I don't see the homosexuals in jail bur she was.... who is forcing who ?

The law says that gays and lesbians have a right to a marriage license. Even the govenor of the State has recognized this. That you disagree changes nothing. As you're nobody in this issue.

She was thrown in jail for CONTEMPT OF COURT which charge resulted from HER REFUSAL TO DO HER JOB.

===========

Only a asshole like you thinks it is cool to toss someone in jail for religious beliefs. What next gas chambers?

She was. She refused to issue licenses for religious reasons thus this judge threw her in jail because of her faith
Burn a witch, it's Biblical, and we do the same thing to you. Religion does not justify breaking the law. Here man rules, not God...

No, the Judge put her in jail for her refusal to issue the licenses.

Her motives are IRRELEVANT.

She could have refused to issue them because she was allergic to the paper and didn't want to touch it. And she would still have been thrown in jail.

She refused to follow a direct order of a Supreme Court judge ( state ) and the United States Supreme Court. Her religious beliefs do not over rule the Supreme Court.

PERIOD

===============

She's trying to force other people to abide by her faith. She should be fired not jailed.
She is an elected official. She has to be impeached.

The Kentucky General Assembly won't be in session again until early next year.

She could have refused to issue them because she was allergic to the paper and didn't want to touch it. And she would still have been thrown in jail.

She refused to follow a direct order of a Supreme Court judge ( state ) and the United States Supreme Court. Her religious beliefs do not over rule the Supreme Court.

PERIOD

===============

He had her thrown in jail till she changed her convictions. That is illegal in the USA

PERIOD

===============

He had her thrown in jail till she changed her convictions. That is illegal in the USA
She's in jail for breaking the law. Agreeing to not break the law will get her released. She had the chance even yesterday, and refused. She has two options, both of which will get her our of jail. Obey the law, or resign because in good conscience you cannot? Many people have faced that and, unlike her, done the right thing by picking one or the other.

Firing her would not help and would not send a message to the other religious right wing nut jobs.
People are sending her money so she could get by without the job and she becomes a martyr.

Putting her in jail is the appropriate response for refusing to follow a direct order of a state Supreme Court Judge ( as well as a host of other judges in the system ).

Her supporters can't make that ok by their donations.

Actually, I'm thinking she should be flogged in the public square.

Or, since she doesn't like living in America with our system of justice --- she should be stripped of citizenship and deported to Iran where she can live under the rules of a religion. Not her religion? Too bad -- so sad. She wants to force her religion on everyone else so let her have someone else's religion forced on her.

==============

She's trying to force other people to abide by her faith. She should be fired not jailed.

Was it the criminalization of Christianity when Jeff Warrens was sent to jail? After all he was following his deeply held religious beliefs. lol
Defending little girl molesting seems to be one of the Hucksters favorite missions
He did not support that you lying shit! you pathetic assholes don't care what you lie about do you?

I thought I saw him defending that Duggar dude who molested his little sisters. It was in all the news. You must have missed it.
No you lying fuck . He forgave him he did not support him. He is a pastor and that's what they do. He even will forgive you for your false witness against him

He used the word support and when he came under intense pressure and he caught criticism he removed those words, including the actual word support, from his facebook page and comments.

she is not. if there was another clerk there they could have went to them. but no, like the cake thingy, it's too much trouble for homosexuals to have to find another bakery or clerk evidently, so instead they sue everyone and anyone and sit and cheer them throwing someone in jail. what a loving and caring Society we now live in eh?

PERIOD

===============

No he didn't. No one is telling her she has to change her convictions or do anything she does not think her religion will allow her to do. She is being told that to have the job she has, she has to follow the ruling of the courts. She has the option of resigning her position. One of the three parts of government, the courts have given her instructions. She works for the government. She has to do what her boss tells her to do, just like everyone else with a job.

Firing her would not help and would not send a message to the other religious right wing nut jobs.
People are sending her money so she could get by without the job and she becomes a martyr.

Putting her in jail is the appropriate response for refusing to follow a direct order of a state Supreme Court Judge ( as well as a host of other judges in the system ).

Or, since she doesn't like living in America with our system of justice --- she should be stripped of citizenship and deported to Iran where she can live under the rules of a religion. Not her religion? Too bad -- so sad. She wants to force her religion on everyone else so let her have someone else's religion forced on her.

==============

==============

You people are sounding more like ISIS every day. so she had to be MADE an example out of. You got the folks? these are your so tolerant and caring fellow country men and women. now you think they would say crap like this if the woman had been a Muslim?

she is not. if there was another clerk there they could have went to them. but no, like the cake thingy, it's too much trouble for homosexuals to have to find another bakery or clerk evidently, so instead they sue everyone and anyone and sit and cheer them throwing someone in jail. what a loving and caring Society we now live in eh?

So you wouldn't have a problem if black people had to find another store, or another theater, or another neighborhood to live in, or another school to send their children to,

or another restroom, or another taxi, or another job.

That is very telling about you.

===========

No. He could have easily held her in contempt for the exact same actions if she was atheist.

Question:

If this woman had said I'm not issuing these licenses because I hate gays and think they're disgusting,

and never once mentioned religion,

would you still be defending her?

No, the Judge threw her in jail because of HER ACTIONS or, in actually, her LACK OF ACTION.

She refused to do her job and issue licenses.

Her reasons are irrelevant unless the reason was they were somehow not eligible to get a license in her state. But her religious belief has no real bearing on it.

She could hold the same religious beliefs but issue the licenses.
She issued divorce certificates which is also against her " beliefs " which are very conveniently discarded when they don't fit her desires ( 4 marriages, infidelity, children out of wedlock to the father, adultery --- all things SHE has done ). She has no valid claim to being a " moral " person.

But, once again, her reason for refusing to do her job is irrelevant.

She was ordered by the State Supreme Court to issue the licenses and she refused.

THAT IS WHY SHE IS IN JAIL.

The judge doesn't care if she believes god is an octopus in the Pacific Ocean -- SHE REFUSED TO DO HER JOB AND REFUSED TO OBEY A COURT ORDER.

She is in jail because of her actions == not because of her motivation ( phony religious beliefs ).

============

She is an elected official...she can't be "fired". She can be impeached or voted out n the next election, but no one can send her home with the words "you're fired" ringing in her ears.

In our government, we are nation of Rule of Law not Rule of Man not Rule of Religion.

Too many religions, only one Constitution.
Hey dummy the constitution is the law

Exactly -- and SCOTUS is the arbiter of how the Constitution is to be applied and interpreted.

There is a reason Federal judges are not elected.

There is a reason they are appointed for life.

You'd think Huckabee and Cruz would have passed basic high school civics.
Actually no congress is the main arbitration of the constitution since they actually have power Over the supreme court. That is in the Constitution

Other than constituting courts inferior to the Supreme Court in Article 1, Section 8, Clause 9 what power does Congress have that supersedes those of Article III Courts and SCOTUS in their power of Judicial Review? Please enlighten us all!

Forum List

Back