Huckabee: ‘Kim Davis In Federal Custody Removes All Doubts About The Criminalization Of Christianity

An elected public official is refusing to do her job because of her religious faith.

Marriage licenses that should be issued are not being issued.

To those who support Kim Davis, what should be done here, precisely?

Do what they're doing now, find someone else to issue them. Not throw her in jail as an example to all Christians.

-Geaux

From what I understand, she was not allowing anybody from her office to do that. she refused to resign as well & said 'fining' her was not going to stop her office from not issuing licenses. She brought this upon herself.

Congress can withdraw SCOTUS right of review of a particular case before hand, but that is it.

What freedom is Huckabee looking for?

Can a Quaker cite religious freedom and refuse to issue permits for guns ?
Can a Muslim cite adherence to Sharia Law and refuse marriage licenses to those couples who do not comply?
Can a Christian cite his objection to adultery and deny a license to a pregnant woman?

In Huckabees America, do religious convictions only aply in the hatred of gays?

Why didn't she require proof that any licenses be issued to first time to be married couples only?

She's trying to force other people to abide by her faith. She should be fired not jailed.

she is not. if there was another clerk there they could have went to them. but no, like the cake thingy, it's too much trouble for homosexuals to have to find another bakery or clerk evidently, so instead they sue everyone and anyone and sit and cheer them throwing someone in jail. what a loving and caring Society we now live in eh?
What a liar you are...you know perfectly well, because you've been in the threads that talk of it, that Davis forbade any of her clerks from signing marriage licenses for gay couples under thread of termination.

She's trying to force other people to abide by her faith. She should be fired not jailed.

she is not. if there was another clerk there they could have went to them. but no, like the cake thingy, it's too much trouble for homosexuals to have to find another bakery or clerk evidently, so instead they sue everyone and anyone and sit and cheer them throwing someone in jail. what a loving and caring Society we now live in eh?

So you wouldn't have a problem if black people had to find another store, or another theater, or another neighborhood to live in, or another school to send their children to,

or another restroom, or another taxi, or another job.

That is very telling about you.
Of course she feels that way. But if she's so upset, she can call up another American Spring to head to Kentucky. Those vast numbers should make a difference, eh?

She WAS NOT thrown in jail for her religious beliefs.

She was thrown in jail for CONTEMPT OF COURT which charge resulted from HER REFUSAL TO DO HER JOB.

===========

Only a asshole like you thinks it is cool to toss someone in jail for religious beliefs. What next gas chambers?

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
She was. She refused to issue licenses for religious reasons thus this judge threw her in jail because of her faith

He threw her in jail for contempt. She refused to do her job. The reason why she refused was irrelevant.

An elected public official is refusing to do her job because of her religious faith.

Do what they're doing now, find someone else to issue them. Not throw her in jail as an example to all Christians.

-Geaux

From what I understand, she was not allowing anybody from her office to do that. she refused to resign as well & said 'fining' her was not going to stop her office from not issuing licenses. She brought this upon herself.
Yeah.

What she was essentially doing was projecting her religious beliefs on to her subordinates.

She didn't have to do that, and that's about it.

One has nothing to do with the other.

Well of course they do. Laws are laws..... right?

-Geaux

It is no defense to point to some unrelated situation and claim that you're innocent because you don't think the law is being applied correctly in that unrelated incident.

You don't beat a speeding ticket by claiming that the guy in front of you was speeding too and didn't get one.

But wait, doesn't the left always use past precedent?

Ronnie did it

GWB did it

on and on and on

This is a riot!

-Geaux

There's a precedent for allowing civil servants to legally pick and choose which of their duties they'll perform?

Deflection noted RW

Let's stay here for a moment. If I can't beat a speeding ticket because the excuse 'the other guy did it' wont suffice. Then how can the left justify Hillary's and Obama's actions on the basis that "Ronnie did it" "Colin Powell did it" so on and so forth

Which is it?

LMAO

-Geaux

If you can cite precedence where a publicly elected employee... being an agent of the State that has defied a Constitutional right to an American citizen based on said elected official's religious beliefs, & was granted permission to do so.... then you can make a valid point about said precedence. Until, or unless you can- then all you are doing is convoluting.

-Geaux
She is not a Christian who lives by Christian values; she is a woman who is married 4 times and had a child with one man while still being married to another. To hold this woman up as someone who lives by Christian values is entirely hypocritical.
She wasn't a Christian then. She has only been a Christian for 4 years.

Has she refused licenses to previously married couples? Why not? That is just as 'sinful'as being gay to a fundie.

-Geaux
She is not a Christian who lives by Christian values; she is a woman who is married 4 times and had a child with one man while still being married to another. To hold this woman up as someone who lives by Christian values is entirely hypocritical.
Not your place to judge.

Says the TOP judgmental poster I've come across so far on this board.

-Geaux
Not your place to judge.

LOL Why the fuck not? Are you assuming I'm not a Christian? You are a very, very angry and judgmental person.
Are you God?

Are YOU?

An industrious reporter should investigate how many marriage licenses the hypocrite has issued to people getting married for the second, third, fourth, fifth time.

I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.
When was getting a divorce a sin? Homosexuality is

An industrious reporter should investigate how many marriage licenses the hypocrite has issued to people getting married for the second, third, fourth, fifth time.

I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.

Once again, moron, she converted to Christianity AFTER the divorces.

Ummmmm, that is not what the point was. The point is ONCE SHE BECAME A CHRISTIAN & KNEW MULTIPLE MARRIAGES IS A BIBLE NO-NO... how many previously divorced couples did she refuse to grant licenses to based on Biblical religious teachings that she adheres to?

Last edited:

When was getting a divorce a sin? Homosexuality is

Although there are many more examples, I posted just a few... pick one:

Luke 16:18 - Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from [her] husband committeth adultery.

1 Corinthians 7:10-11 - And unto the married I command, [yet] not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from [her] husband: (Read More...)
1 Corinthians 7:15 - But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such [cases]: but God hath called us to peace.

Matthew 5:32 - But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Matthew 19:6 - Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Matthew 19:9 - And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except [it be] for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

Romans 7:2 - For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to [her] husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of [her] husband.

Mark 10:12 - And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

1 John 2:3-4 - And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. (Read More...)
Matthew 19:3-9 - The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause? (Read More...)
Matthew 19:8 - He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

1 Corinthians 7:10-17 - And unto the married I command, [yet] not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from [her] husband: (Read More...)
1 Corinthians 7:1-40 - Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: [It is] good for a man not to touch a woman. (Read More...)

BIBLE VERSES ABOUT DIVORCE

[A]nyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of unchastity, causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Kim Davis issues marriage licenses to adulterers in direct conflict with the Bible.

For money.
Again not a sin.

[A]nyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of unchastity, causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Kim Davis issues marriage licenses to adulterers in direct conflict with the Bible.

For money.
Again not a sin.

Holy cow! Are you kidding???? That is in the top 10 sins you dolt!

The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17 NKJV)
1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.
3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
6 “You shall not murder.
7 “You shall not commit adultery.
8 “You shall not steal.
9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”

How about adultery, kids out of wedlock, screwing one man while married to another and multiple marriages?

Your good "christian" is guilty of both.

Fact is, you're just another blowhard cafeteria christian, picking and choosing whatever fits your hate agenda.

Equality is winning, the people of the US are winning and your sharia law is losing.

Deal with it.
What about them? All things done before she found Christ. .... you intolerant progressives are funny to watch

The intolerant one is, behind bars today...
Really? I want homosexuals thrown in jail for gobbling dick?
Davis is in jail, where she belongs.
Only a asshole like you thinks it is cool to toss someone in jail for religious beliefs. What next gas chambers?

Actually, she chose that for herself. She could have resigned. Aside from the 'THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY' that you ignorantly thought was not a sin... she is also sinning by taking taxpayer $$$ in the form of an $80K a year paycheck... you know... another top 10 no no... 'THOU SHALL NOT STEAL'.

Forum List

Back