"Hubris": New Documentary Reexamines the Iraq War "Hoax"

Iraq had no WMD's and Afghanistan now has 80% of the global Heroin Trade.

Hint: That's why we're there.

Wave that Flag! Thank a Soldier for his "service". :salute:

They do not appear to be doing much about the heroin trade. The Vietnam War dealt with who was going to control the heroin trade in the Golden Triangle. Why is the United States so involved with the heroin trade?

Iraq had no WMD's and Afghanistan now has 80% of the global Heroin Trade.

Hint: That's why we're there.

Wave that Flag! Thank a Soldier for his "service". :salute:

They do not appear to be doing much about the heroin trade. The Vietnam War dealt with who was going to control the heroin trade in the Golden Triangle. Why is the United States so involved with the heroin trade?

This sounds like a question for.....

I think he deceived the American people and got thousands of young men killed. I'd be happy if he was put on trial in the Hague for war crimes.

Plenty of blame to go around and plenty of people to pin it on, kiddies.

Do remember the following:

House of Represetatives

82 (40%) of 208 Democratic Representatives voted for the resolution.

6 (<3%) of 223 Republican Representatives voted against the resolution: Reps. Duncan (R-TN), Hostettler (R-IN), Houghton (R-NY), Leach (R-IA), Morella (R-MD), Paul (R-TX).

The only Independent Representative voted against the resolution: Rep. Sanders (I-VT)

Reps. Ortiz (D-TX), Roukema (R-NJ), and Stump (R-AZ) did not vote on the resolution.

21 of 50 Democratic senators voted against the resolution: Sens. Akaka (D-HI), Bingaman (D-NM), Boxer (D-CA), Byrd (D-WV), Conrad (D-ND), Corzine (D-NJ), Dayton (D-MN), Durbin (D-IL), Feingold (D-WI), Graham (D-FL), Inouye (D-HI), Kennedy (D-MA), Leahy (D-VT), Levin (D-MI), Mikulski (D-MD), Murray (D-WA), Reed (D-RI), Sarbanes (D-MD), Stabenow (D-MI), Wellstone (D-MN), and Wyden (D-OR).

1 (2%) of 49 Republican senators voted against the resolution: Sen. Chafee (R-RI).

The only Independent senator voted against the resolution: Sen. Jeffords (I-VT)

George Washington would be lost in today's world.
At least he knows how to read. I think you are the one who is lost. Apparently all you know how to do is watch TV and listen to the radio, eh mate?

Ever even take a class in political science or political philosophy? I am thinking probably not. That is why you would think that a man who has read Locke, Berkly, Hume, Smith and all of the Great Social Political philosophers that our nation was founded on, you so blithely brush aside.

The only excuse for your ignorance is sloth. Your cavalier attitude toward your ignorance is disheartening. I see we have no more to discuss. A pre-conditioned mind incapable of independent thought is not worth my time. If all you have in response to reasoned research and qualified arguments are snarky nonsensical quips, your positions don't hold any water.

It's time to come to terms with the fact that the only reason you like your brand of soft drink is the advertising, not the flavor.

coca%20pepsi.jpg

So you start out with this lofty diatribe about being trite..then you post a trite image.

:thup: Good stuff.

Plenty of blame to go around and plenty of people to pin it on, kiddies.

Do remember the following:

House of Represetatives

82 (40%) of 208 Democratic Representatives voted for the resolution.

6 (<3%) of 223 Republican Representatives voted against the resolution: Reps. Duncan (R-TN), Hostettler (R-IN), Houghton (R-NY), Leach (R-IA), Morella (R-MD), Paul (R-TX).

The only Independent Representative voted against the resolution: Rep. Sanders (I-VT)

Reps. Ortiz (D-TX), Roukema (R-NJ), and Stump (R-AZ) did not vote on the resolution.

21 of 50 Democratic senators voted against the resolution: Sens. Akaka (D-HI), Bingaman (D-NM), Boxer (D-CA), Byrd (D-WV), Conrad (D-ND), Corzine (D-NJ), Dayton (D-MN), Durbin (D-IL), Feingold (D-WI), Graham (D-FL), Inouye (D-HI), Kennedy (D-MA), Leahy (D-VT), Levin (D-MI), Mikulski (D-MD), Murray (D-WA), Reed (D-RI), Sarbanes (D-MD), Stabenow (D-MI), Wellstone (D-MN), and Wyden (D-OR).

1 (2%) of 49 Republican senators voted against the resolution: Sen. Chafee (R-RI).

The only Independent senator voted against the resolution: Sen. Jeffords (I-VT)

No there isn't.

Congress voted on the resolution after being lied too and threatened.

You could get away with calling them cowardly. But the blame and fault are entirely with the Bush administration. Bush was the driver of this.

I think he deceived the American people and got thousands of young men killed. I'd be happy if he was put on trial in the Hague for war crimes.

It would be a disaster to put any American President on trial in the Hague.

No American should support that.

I agree it would be disastrous but at least it would teach future generations a lesson. What Bush did can't be repeated in the future.

It would be a disaster to put any American President on trial in the Hague.

No American should support that.

I agree it would be disastrous but at least it would teach future generations a lesson. What Bush did can't be repeated in the future.

No it wouldn't.

dont let people rewrite this history.

The republican party is hard at work trying to make people forget what a republican government looks like.

The Bush admin is what you get when you vote republican.

Yeah, but it's good to be reminded of such a stupid atrocity so it isn't repeated.

Not good enough.
A war crimes trial for those concerned has to be the way forwards, perhaps even treason considering they killed so many Americans.

Nothing the Bush administration did was treasonous.

Criminal, yes..but not treasonous.

trea·son
/&#712;tr&#275;z&#601;n/
Noun
The crime of betraying one's country, esp. by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.

be·tray
/bi&#712;tr&#257;/
Verb
Be disloyal to: "he betrayed them".
Be disloyal to (one's country, organization, or ideology) by acting in the interests of an enemy.

I wonder if selling American lives for profit could be considered, betrayal.
In my humble opinion, he did exactly that and it cost a lot of lives.

And the Obama administration is what we got when people voted for Obama
And the Clinton administration is what we got when people voted for Clinton
And the Carter administration is what we got when people voted for Carter....

I think that's what happens when we vote for a president.It sort of works out that way.

Not good enough.
A war crimes trial for those concerned has to be the way forwards, perhaps even treason considering they killed so many Americans.

Nothing the Bush administration did was treasonous.

Criminal, yes..but not treasonous.

trea·son
/&#712;tr&#275;z&#601;n/
Noun
The crime of betraying one's country, esp. by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.

be·tray
/bi&#712;tr&#257;/
Verb
Be disloyal to: "he betrayed them".
Be disloyal to (one's country, organization, or ideology) by acting in the interests of an enemy.

I wonder if selling American lives for profit could be considered betrayal.
In my humble opinion, he did exactly that and it cost a lot of lives.

No he absolutely did not. Bush truly believed in what he was doing. I can't say that about the folks he surrounded himself with..but Bush himself?

He did all the wrong things for the right reasons. He truly thought that Saddam Hussien was a huge threat. Bush is..and was a patriotic American.

It doesn't do anyone any good framing him in any other way than that.

Good people with good intentions CAN do bad things.

And the Obama administration is what we got when people voted for Obama
And the Clinton administration is what we got when people voted for Clinton
And the Carter administration is what we got when people voted for Carter....

I think that's what happens when we vote for a president.It sort of works out that way.

True dat!

:thup:

It's going to take more than an heroic POTUS to fix the mess the MASTERS have made of this nation.

Its easy enough to fix.

raise taxes back to a sane level for the people who gained the most by trashing our system.

Then cut out any waste and fraud you can.

Then stick with it instead of allowing republicans like we have now from getting back in office to unblaence the budget and lie us into wars while distrying our economy.

The wealthy do best in a boom and bust economic market.

They want things chaotic.

It frees up the money in the economy on a regular basis.

STABILITY is what helps the rest of us.

Its a constant battle and some fools help the very people who want their lives a constant chaos because they live in fear and that makes them easy to play

MSNBC and Rachel Maddow..

Yeppers two very "Unbiased" sources.

Makes me want to just run out and "watch" this show....

Forum List

Back