HS running back penalized for thanking God

We have lost any sense of proportion as a society. I guess God must really scare atheists. I find that funny.

• Banned
Some HS sports associations are trying to put a lid on the silly post-touchdown celebrations and tauntings.....maybe that one has zero tolerance?

Just wondering.

I'd say that's less than zero tolerance. Did you watch the video?

I'm hard pressed to see how that qualifies as "calling attention to himself."

I'd be willing to bet Jesus forced the ref to throw the flag because He is sick and tired of being called on to intervene in football games.

The refs were flagging Ohio State for doing the "O" with their hands after several of their many touchdowns against Michigan. These crackdowns on celebrations are getting ridiculous.

Perhaps we should ban winning at any sports, or excelling in school at all.... just in case some non achiever is aggrieved by another person's success.

Talk about PC nonsense. :eusa_eh:

A high school football player in Tacoma, Wash., got flagged for dropping to his knee and pointing to the sky after scoring a touchdown during a playoff game.

High School Player Flagged For Touchdown Nod to God - FoxNews.com

He sounds like a wonderful young man. What struck me by the article was the glaring spelling error in the opening line.

Are Hail Maries banned, too?

That would be 'Hail Marys'. You don't drop the 'y' and add 'ies' on a proper name. Holy Mother of God, pray for us and our failing school system.

After our rousing discussion on stds and the tsa the other day, I watched several football games where the players and coaches kept rubbing each others butts and wondered, does playing football spread stds?

:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back