Hope God has a job for you - Football Coach Defies School District Warning, Prays for Team at Home

Some people never learn. If you take the man's money you obey the man's rules. We, the secular nation you live in, are the man in this case.

"Bremerton superintendent Aaron Leavell sent a letter to Kennedy as a warning to stop his routine prayers because they “violate the First Amendment’s Establishment Clause” and expose the district to “significant risk of liability.”

As a result, Leavell said while Kennedy can continue providing inspirational talks, those talks cannot include religious expression, including prayer.

Kennedy’s response? He respectfully disagrees.

“I love my players. It’s an honor to work with them and teach them about good sportsmanship and teamwork. I hope the school district will allow me to continue working with these kids – and thanking God for them.”

Kennedy prayed with his team after the homecoming game Friday night."
Football Coach Defies School District Warning, Prays for Team at Homecoming Game
Way to go coach! Not a violation most libtards misuse the constitution, in this case the establishment clause, which has nothing to do with people practicing religion openly in schools. Retard.
The kids can do mostly as they please but not the staff, they work for a secular system.

Some people never learn. If you take the man's money you obey the man's rules. We, the secular nation you live in, are the man in this case.

"Bremerton superintendent Aaron Leavell sent a letter to Kennedy as a warning to stop his routine prayers because they “violate the First Amendment’s Establishment Clause” and expose the district to “significant risk of liability.”

As a result, Leavell said while Kennedy can continue providing inspirational talks, those talks cannot include religious expression, including prayer.

“I love my players. It’s an honor to work with them and teach them about good sportsmanship and teamwork. I hope the school district will allow me to continue working with these kids – and thanking God for them.”

Football Coach Defies School District Warning, Prays for Team at Homecoming Game
Way to go coach! Not a violation most libtards misuse the constitution, in this case the establishment clause, which has nothing to do with people practicing religion openly in schools. Retard.
The kids can do mostly as they please but not the staff, they work for a secular system.
Wrong as usual.

I never understood why people get upset about someone praying for them to their specific god. Its all good no matter what deity is invoked.
Baloney! The Right would have a shit-fit if the coach gave a Muslim prayer to his team before the game, and you know it.
So, what about the students not in the same religion? They are forced to tolerate it because he is their coach or whatever.

The horror!!!

Yes it is a horror.

Here in America we have separation of church and state. It's very clear in rulings by our supreme court.

In this case, this coach is paid by the state and by the tax payers of that state. Religion has no place in our government much less shoved down the throats of those who don't want it.

Why is it only christians who get to shove their religion on everyone? Why don't we see jewish, hindu, muslim, buddhist or Pagan faith having the same rights to force everyone to participate in their religious prayers and rituals?

Why do you believe that you christians have the right to force everyone to participate in your religion and have to endure your prayers and rituals?

Guess what? You do those things in your church. Not at a state financed function that takes place in a building paid for by and owned by tax payers and our government.

There is much more to the constitution than the second amendment. I invite you to check it out. Maybe a remedial civics class will help.

Wrong as usual.
Nothing I said is wrong. If the kids want to lead a prayer, they are allowed to. If they want to pray, they are allowed to, as long as it does not disrupt the functioning of the school. The staff however, are forbidden from promoting religion, as they should be. They work for the state, not the church.

I never understood why people get upset about someone praying for them to their specific god. Its all good no matter what deity is invoked.
Baloney! The Right would have a shit-fit if the coach gave a Muslim prayer to his team before the game, and you know it.
So, what about the students not in the same religion? They are forced to tolerate it because he is their coach or whatever.

The horror!!!

Yes it is a horror.

Here in America we have separation of church and state. It's very clear in rulings by our supreme court.

In this case, this coach is paid by the state and by the tax payers of that state. Religion has no place in our government much less shoved down the throats of those who don't want it.

Why is it only christians who get to shove their religion on everyone? Why don't we see jewish, hindu, muslim, buddhist or Pagan faith having the same rights to force everyone to participate in their religious prayers and rituals?

Why do you believe that you christians have the right to force everyone to participate in your religion and have to endure your prayers and rituals?

Guess what? You do those things in your church. Not at a state financed function that takes place in a building paid for by and owned by tax payers and our government.

There is much more to the constitution than the second amendment. I invite you to check it out. Maybe a remedial civics class will help.
Start here, boys: Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And keep your gods out of our schools.

^^^ If enough students want God to be in the school with them, then keeping him out is most definitely not going to happen.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Wrong as usual.
Nothing I said is wrong. If the kids want to lead a prayer, they are allowed to. If they want to pray, they are allowed to, as long as it does not disrupt the functioning of the school. The staff however, are forbidden from promoting religion, as they should be. They work for the state, not the church.
Wrong as always

Who cares if they pray before every football game? I played football for 12 years and before every game our coach recited The Lord's Prayer with the team. Nobody blinked an eye or made a big fuss about it. Those that didn't believe were not forced to recite the prayer or participate.

What you fail to realize dumbass is it is an after school activity, allowed . Not a violation of establishment clause, which prevents the government from establishing a religion. And as long as he doesn't force anyone to pray he is not violating anything, just pissing off retarded libs, good for him.

What you fail to realize dumbass is it is an after school activity, allowed . Not a violation of establishment clause, which prevents the government from establishing a religion. And as long as he doesn't force anyone to pray he is not violating anything, just pissing off retarded libs, good for him.
He was praying in a pregame meeting, which they were required to attend, which is why he was ordered to stop.

^^^ If enough students want God to be in the school with them, then keeping him out is most definitely not going to happen.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
God is allowed, as long as it's the kids doing the acts of faith, not the adults.
Wrong
Nope. Real reality and American law, dumbass.
Prove it retard.
I don't need to, dumbass. It's established American law. See the Supreme Court: "In two landmark decisions, Engel v. Vitale (1962) and Abington School District v. Schempp (1963), the US Supreme Court established what is now the current prohibition on state-sponsored prayer in schools."
School prayer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

God bless you always!!!

Holly
God is allowed, as long as it's the kids doing the acts of faith, not the adults.
Wrong
Nope. Real reality and American law, dumbass.
Prove it retard.
I don't need to, dumbass. It's established American law. See the Supreme Court: "In two landmark decisions, Engel v. Vitale (1962) and Abington School District v. Schempp (1963), the US Supreme Court established what is now the current prohibition on state-sponsored prayer in schools."
School prayer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If it is contrary to the constitution it means squat. The supreme court has been known to be wrong.

Forum List

Back