How's That "Lesser Of Two Evils" Working For Ya?

I’d rather you vote for the candidate that best aligns with your politics AND has a chance at winning…Simple shit.
Consider this; the Yankees and Red Sox are playing….would you bet on the Orioles to win the game?
No spin allowed…isn’t that what you, Golfing Gator , pknopp , Dont Taz Me Bro and buttercup do?

I can't speak for dblack or others here, but did it ever occur to you that some of us don't want to participate at all in what we believe is a total charade? We have a one-party system disguised as two. At the higher levels, they are basically on the same team. They are controlled by the same people.

I supported Ron Paul when he ran twice but was completely shut out by the Establishment. I mean, even when he was drawing huge crowds everywhere he went, the media would not talk about him at all (if they did it was always negative) and they would focus all their airtime on the slimy Establishment politicians.

That's when I realized that the PTSB would never let a true patriot / constitutionalist / decent human being who actually cares about freedom and people get to the highest position of power.

I fully realize I'm in the minority here on that, but I'm OK with that. :dunno: Keep voting for the Duopoly. Good luck with that!

I know you believe that, but I his is not true.

I've been researching government corruption since the 90's. I've learned WAY more than enough to convince me that they're all corrupt* and controlled by the same people. But I really don't want to get into a big discussion about it right now. I was just popping in here for a few minutes, but I have some other stuff I have to do.

*There are a handful of good ones. But very few.

Last edited:
Regardless of the trite old expression,

the lesser of two evils is still better than the greater of two evils.
The problem is premise of all of this - that we should artificially limit ourselves to the two dominant parties. And who is telling us that? The two dominant parties. I smell a rat.
And be a bit mindful of what you label as “evil.”
Indeed. 'Evil' isn't really what we're talking about. Stupid and corrupt is more to the point.

Last edited:
From my perspective, it's like we live in a neighborhood caught up in a gang war. And each gang keeps coming around telling me I really should support them, because the other gang is way worse.

Exactly. And we won't know their true opinions until they vote. Assuming they vote honestly. And that's the problem. Most of you aren't.
Sorry, but you gotta deal with the real world. The only person's vote you have any sway over is your own. I will never vote for a true libertarian. No amount of bullying from you folks is gonna sway me. I don't agree with the people you want running the country. Few of us do

From my perspective, it's like we live in a neighborhood caught up in a gang war. And each gang keeps coming around telling me I really should support them, because the other gang is way worse.
And you are part of that 3rd gang

I don't see my candidate as "2nd "worse" That's your delusion

Sorry, but you gotta deal with the real world. The only person's vote you have any sway over is your own.
Agreed.
I will never vote for a true libertarian. No amount of bullying from you folks is gonna sway me.
WTF?? Who's bullying you??
I don't agree with the people you want running the country. Few of us do
That's fine. I'm just asking people to vote honestly, that's all.

The problem is premise of all of this - that we should artificially limit ourselves to the two dominant parties. And who is telling us that? The two dominant parties. I smell a rat.

Or, and of course this is the real problem, the alternatives all consist of third Parties. And the truth is that no 3p is going to win. Not in 2024. Maybe never.

That leaves a choice of the candidates who do have a reasonable shot. And from the perspective of reasonable people, that means we can’t support the brain damaged incumbent. He’s done more than enough damage to this nation already.
Indeed. 'Evil' isn't really what we're talking about. Stupid and corrupt is more to the point.
Corruption is a genuine problem with the Brandon crime family. And his stupidity is indisputable.

Or, and of course this is the real problem, the alternatives all consist of third Parties. And the truth is that no 3p is going to win. Not in 2024. Maybe never.

That leaves a choice of the candidates who do have a reasonable shot.
If those candidates all suck, that's not a "choice" worth making. In that case, I'd much rather register support for something I believe in, even if the media tells me they "can't" win.

BackAgain said:
But I’d still vote for Trump any day over our corrupt, hair-sniffing Alzheimer Victim in Chief.
Not sure what I'd do, assuming I had to decide between them. But in my view they're both so far below "acceptable" that which one is worse is irrelevant.

When you are stuck choosing between syphilis or gonorrhea, is there really a best choice?

So I'm supposed to vote for someone who I think is a total fraud, just because you have been manipulated to play this stupid game the PTSB frighten you into playing every 4 years?

If you don't understand what voting one's conscience means, then the problem is you. Don't call others weird for not wanting to go against their own conscience.
Even simpler….Like I said…the Yankees and Red Sox are playing…are you ignorant enough to bet on the Orioles to win the game?

Even simpler….Like I said…the Yankees and Red Sox are playing…are you ignorant enough to bet on the Orioles to win the game?
It's not a bet, dumbass. It's an exercise in judgement. Your country asks for your best advice. And you're lying, trying to game the system in the name of the culture war.

Have I mentioned the fucking off, and the dying?

Forum List

Back