How's That "Lesser Of Two Evils" Working For Ya?

Then it seems you do not need the Govt to take care of you.

Never asked it to. I probably could access a lot of services based on my veteran status. I got a VA loan for my house in 2004, but this last one I bought I just put the money down.

I do want to be able to collect Social Security when I retire.

We obviously don't expect that at all and to know this all you have to do is look at the politicians we are electing.

The problem lies not in our stars but in ourselves.

Why would any sane person run for office? Look at Biden, you guys attack his family on a daily basis. I wouldn't put my family through that (and I don't even like most of my relatives that much.)

Most of the people we do elect could probably get more lucrative jobs in the private sector without people speculating on fake reports about their children.

Never asked it to. I probably could access a lot of services based on my veteran status. I got a VA loan for my house in 2004, but this last one I bought I just put the money down.

I do want to be able to collect Social Security when I retire.

The problem lies not in our stars but in ourselves.

Why would any sane person run for office? Look at Biden, you guys attack his family on a daily basis. I wouldn't put my family through that (and I don't even like most of my relatives that much.)

Most of the people we do elect could probably get more lucrative jobs in the private sector without people speculating on fake reports about their children.

Like I said we get the politicians we deserve and the conclusion is that Americans deserve weak, selfish , ignorant corrupt politicians.

So when you waste your vote on Mickey Mouse and he doesn’t win and the greater of the two evils wins office you don’t ever feel like you fucked yourself?

Trying to shift the blame?

:nono: - The only people responsible for electing shitty candidates are the morons who vote for them. Assholes like you, for example.

Last edited:
You didnt do the right thing
Oh, I forgot. The "right" thing is to vote for a shitty candidate on purpose!

Hmm, I still don't get it. How's that supposed to be a good idea?

I'll say it again, if Biden and Trump are the best we can do - we're utterly fucked. I think we can do better. You're content with shit. I'm not.

Oh, I forgot. The "right" thing is to vote for a shitty candidate on purpose!

Hmm, I still don't get it. How's that supposed to be a good idea again?

I'll say it again, if Biden and Trump are the best we can do - we're utterly fucked. I think we can do better. You're content with shit.
3rd party candidates are losers with no chance to win

So they are free to let it all hang out and appeal to 1 percenters like you

3rd party candidates are losers with no chance to win.
Listen. You guys can beg and plead and push all the insane rationalizations you want. The implied threats, the insults, the hysterical attacks on anyone who won't wallow in idiocy with you - and I STILL won't vote for your shitty candidate.

You'll just have to do better!

Listen. You guys can beg and plead and push all the insane rationalizations you want. The implied threats, the insults, the hysterical attacks on anyone who won't wallow in idiocy with you - and I STILL won't vote for your shitty candidate.

You are a lost cause

But that halo floating above your head is fake

What's really sad to me is that there are people here who seem to be saying we SHOULDN'T vote our conscience. We SHOULDN'T have standards, like choosing not to hold our nose and vote for someone we don't trust or agree with on many issues just because they happen to have the right letter by their name. :rolleyes:

I get what they believe... but I've concluded that the reverse is simply not true. They just don't get it. And they won't, as long as they are still putting their trust in this corrupt system and the LO2E scam.

The thing is, I and MANY MORE here don't consider PRESIDENT Trump a "shitty candidate.

I doubt any Democrat voter is happy with their choice, however.

Many of us see Trump as one of two individuals who has any chance of turning this country around.

3rd party candidates are losers with no chance to win

Yep. These people just don't understand how to win. How to change the course of this country for the better.

The thing is, I and MANY MORE here don't consider PRESIDENT Trump a "shitty candidate.
And that's fine. I respect your position, even if I don't agree with it. You're voting honestly. It's the people who admit their guy sucks, but want me to vote for them anyway because someone else is worse or something. THAT's what I'm calling bullshit on. It's just a sales pitch. Partisans will do or say anything to keep their stooges in power.

CarlinAnnArbor
And that's fine. I respect your position, even if I don't agree with it. You're voting honestly. It's the people who admit their guy sucks, but want me to vote for them anyway because someone else is worse or something. THAT's what I'm calling bullshit on. It's just a sales pitch. Partisans will do or say anything to keep their stooges in power.
i dont demand that you vote for trump

But dont ask me to pretend that throwing your vote away for some crack pot 1 percenter is fulfilling your civic duty

Because its not

Exactly. It gets back to voting one's conscience. I respect that even if I disagree with their choice, but don't tell me that I should hold my nose and vote for someone I have never felt right about, just to play the LO2E game. That's the whole point, the public has been manipulated to do just that, and the people who control both parties are probably laughing at all who go along with it. Count me out of that.

Last edited:
What's really sad to me is that there are people here who seem to be saying we SHOULDN'T vote our conscience. We SHOULDN'T have standards
No. At least not as far as I'm concerned. MY problem is the ASSUMPTION that folks like me ARENT voting our conscience. That by voting a 3rd party candidate, or no candidate at all, that you're more noble than the rest of us.

I understand human beings -- all too well. I'm NOT voting "for the lesser of two evils.". I'm voting for the best candidate running.

You may not think it's perfect, and youre right. But it's the best system the world has until Christ returns.

Exactly. It gets back to voting one's conscience. I respect that even if I disagree with their choice, but don't tell me that I should hold my nose and vote for someone I have never felt right about, just to play the LO2E game. That's the whole point, the public has been manipulated to do just that, and the people who control both parties are probably laughing at all who go along with it. Count me out of that.
We get it

You’d rather stand on the sidelines and yell that nothing is your fault - even though it is

No. At least not as far as I'm concerned. MY problem is the ASSUMPTION that folks like me ARENT voting our conscience. That by voting a 3rd party candidate, or no candidate at all, that you're more noble than the rest of us.

I understand human beings -- all too well. I'm NOT voting "for the lesser of two evils.". I'm voting for the best candidate running.

You may not think it's perfect, and youre right. But it's the best system the world has until Christ returns.

I hope you didn't misunderstand, because I know that in your case it is a sincere vote. I agree with what dblack said, I can respect that even if I disagree with your choice.

The problem is when people attack or try to pressure those of us who don't want to vote for someone we don't trust or agree with, just to vote against the other guy. I'm not gonna play that game, for reasons I've already explained here.

If people are unwilling to vote honestly, why expect to have honest government? I hate to say this, but those people get the government they deserve.

I hope you didn't misunderstand, because I know that in your case it is a sincere vote. I agree with what dblack said, I can respect that even if I disagree with your choice.

The problem is when people attack or try to pressure those of us who don't want to vote for someone we don't trust or agree with, just to vote against the other guy. I'm not gonna play that game, for reasons I've already explained here.

If people are unwilling to vote honestly, why expect to have honest government? I hate to say this, but those people get the government they deserve.
Joe Biden is an absolutely TERRIBLE candidate. The ONLY reason he "won" is the lefts intense and demonic HATRED of Donald Trump.

I voted for Ted Cruz in the primary but the rest of the Republicans chose Trump. He turned out MUCH better than I expected. Definitely better than any Democrat. I could never support a Democrat. They are anti-life, anti-women and anti-white. President Trump was the victim of never ending attacks for 4 years. If he is the candidate in '24, he'll get my vote

Forum List

Back