How's That "Lesser Of Two Evils" Working For Ya?

Even simpler….Like I said…the Yankees and Red Sox are playing…are you ignorant enough to bet on the Orioles to win the game?

That's the most ridiculous false equivalency I've heard in... well, forever. But good job dodging everything I said!

I don't have to vote at all, if I think the system is a sham. Is someone holding a gun to my head in your asinine "analogy"?
The church I began in taught me hat it is wrong (not necessarily a sin) to vote. I believed that for awhile. We were taught we were ambassadors for Christ with our citizenship in heaven.

I no longer believe that. As a Christian, we have dual citizenship. And as a citizen here, during this life, I have a responsibility to participate since I am blessed to live in a country that allows me a say in my country's future

That makes no sense.
I'm saying we never get a true read on voters' values because they're all preoccupied with second-guessing what some other idiot will do and voting to counter them - instead of just voting their conscience. In my view, an honest vote is one that you'd cast if you had no idea how everyone else might vote.

The church I began in taught me hat it is wrong (not necessarily a sin) to vote. I believed that for awhile. We were taught we were ambassadors for Christ with our citizenship in heaven.

I no longer believe that. As a Christian, we have dual citizenship. And as a citizen here, during this life, I have a responsibility to participate since I am blessed to live in a country that allows me a say in my country's future

My reason for no longer voting in presidential elections isn't because any church i've been to taught me it's wrong, or because i'm a citizen of heaven. I already explained my reasons a couple times, so I don't want to repeat myself. I do what I believe is right. I really don't get why that is such a problem with some people (like Broke Loser.)

I'm saying we never get a true read on voters' values because they're all preoccupied with second-guessing what some other idiot will do and voting to counter them - instead of just voting their conscience. In my view, an honest vote is one that you'd cast if you had no idea how everyone else might vote.
As I said. Your post made no sense.

And in case it hasn’t dawned on you, nobody is accepting your advice. 😎

As I said. Your post made no sense.

And in case it hasn’t dawned on you, nobody is accepting your advice. 😎
It's true. Most people will steer right around what I'm saying.

If we can get Ranked Choice Voting implemented, this argument will instantly dissolve. There will no longer be a "lesser of two evils" strategy, and people will vote their true values without excuses for lying.

So pardon me for not giving a flying fuck about what the Majority thinks about anything...

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

That's exactly how I feel, these are the same people who keep falling for the same tactics the PTSB use over and over to dupe the public. It's almost as if people are willfully blind, or just don't want to acknowledge the unthinkable. I get it, though. No one wants to believe bad news. :dunno: (What many don't realize is that ultimately there IS good news, but that's a topic for another thread altogether.)

My reason for no longer voting in presidential elections isn't because any church i've been to taught me it's wrong, or because i'm a citizen of heaven. I already explained my reasons a couple times, so I don't want to repeat myself. I do what I believe is right. I really don't get why that is such a problem with some people (like Broke Loser.)
I don't know that he really cares if you vote or not. Maybe it's the attitude directed towards us who do vote. Not so much from you, but the attitude I get from the libertarians who think their choices are the noble choices and us peasants who vote for the BEST candidate in the Republican or Democrat Party are DISHONEST and SETTLING. That rubs people the wrong way -- especially when the candidate they think is the only acceptable candidate supports abortion, drug legalization, prostitution and open borders.

I don't know that he really cares if you vote or not. Maybe it's the attitude directed towards us who do vote. Not so much from you, but the attitude I get from the libertarians who think their choices are the noble choices and us peasants who vote for the BEST candidate in the Republican or Democrat Party are DISHONEST and SETTLING. That rubs people the wrong way -- especially when the candidate they think is the only acceptable candidate supports abortion, drug legalization, prostitution and open borders.

I don't want to speak for him, but dblack made it clear that he didn't have a problem with people who vote honestly. He just doesn't like when people go along with the pressure of voting for someone they feel is a "lesser evil." And I agree with him on that. That's what some of us have been saying all along, everyone should just vote their conscience! What is so wrong with that? I'm not saying that YOU have a problem with that, but BL sure has been mocking and shaming those of us who believe in voting our conscience.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

That's exactly how I feel, these are the same people who keep falling for the same tactics the PTSB use over and over to dupe the public. It's almost as if people are willfully blind, or just don't want to acknowledge the unthinkable. I get it, though. No one wants to believe bad news. :dunno: (What many don't realize is that ultimately there IS good news, but that's a topic for another thread altogether.)

Too many rely on hope.

There's quite a lot to say about that, if one were inclined.

Unfortunately, I am not so inclined. It's been said a thousand times already.

People get what they deserve is my motto these days. The only way you learn in a meaningful way is through lived experience.

American politics has basically been reduced to one group of statists fighting over a gavel with another group of statists, each with their own specific interests while both share reliance on a government gun to enforce their specific flavor of statism.

Democracy has been weaponized against the voter to the extent that voting is meaningless. It's just a fact.

So people have to feel the pain and misery of their own doing. It's the only way people will ever learn.

I don't want to speak for him, but dblack made it clear that he didn't have a problem with people who vote honestly. He just doesn't like when people go along with the pressure of voting for someone they feel is a "lesser evil
You and he keep using that language.

Which Republican (or Democrat) voter here says "I'm voting for the lesser of two evils"????

No one. Only you people who don't vote for the Republican or Democrat candidate.

I guess you can have opinions about WHY "we" vote for the candidate we vote for, but making ASSUMPTIONS even after we tell you that's not correct will only piss people off. Honest people don't like being called liars or stupid

You and he keep using that language.

Which Republican (or Democrat) voter here says "I'm voting for the lesser of two evils"????

No one. Only you people who don't vote for the Republican or Democrat candidate.

Maybe no one who has posted on this thread recently. But I can't tell you how many times I've read posts from people saying, "I don't like Trump, I disagree with him on (such and such) issues, but I'll vote for him if he's the candidate just because we have to vote against ______."

OR, I've heard so many people say things like "I'd vote for a ____ (literally anything) just to vote against______ (the greater evil.)

Anyway, I gotta get going. But I hope that made sense to you. The LO2E thing IS a thing.

I guess you can have opinions about WHY "we" vote for the candidate we vote for, but making ASSUMPTIONS even after we tell you that's not correct will only piss people off. Honest people don't like being called liars or stupid

Who is doing that? We already went over this 2 or 3 times. YOU are not voting dishonestly. So this is not about you.

Last edited:
Relevant reading...

''Are you starting to get the picture yet? It’s a test to see how hard “we the people” will fight to hold onto what remains of our freedoms.''

Last edited:

Forum List

Back