Howdy from Boston

rekkenmark

Rookie
May 22, 2015
Boston, MA
Super-nerd and polisci major here. Absolutely love this stuff and looking forward to getting my hands dirty with you guys. Also hoping to learn a lot--I'm a little stunted from the Cambridge, MA bubble and I'm looking forward to some fresh perspectives :)

Super-nerd and polisci major here. Absolutely love this stuff and looking forward to getting my hands dirty with you guys. Also hoping to learn a lot--I'm a little stunted from the Cambridge, MA bubble and I'm looking forward to some fresh perspectives :)
Welcome aboard. We're glad to have you. Come in, get your feet wet, and enjoy yourself.

Have fun. I wish I were back in Boston- I finished my PhD at BU and am now in Maine. I don't think we have many people from the greater Boston area actually on the forum right now as regulars. (At least if so, I haven't met them.)

Just a warning: the signal to noise ratio here is not always amazing.

Welcome! I love Boston. Great city but ya'll have awful sports teams. lol

Welcome. I'm also from Massachusetts, southeastern MA. :) I love old Cambridge. I worked there for a while a few years back.

The redhead and I just got back home from Boston today.

Brought home a ricotta pie and a half dozen sfogliatelle from Modern pastry on Hanover street.......:thup:

picgifs-welcome-3115022_zpsbkihnq69.gif

Welcome. I'm also from Massachusetts, southeastern MA. :) I love old Cambridge. I worked there for a while a few years back.

Any time anyone wants to be convinced of every outrageous stereotype about liberals, they need only spend a day in Cambridge watching and listening.

Any time anyone wants to be convinced of every outrageous stereotype about liberals, they need only spend a day in Cambridge watching and listening.

I've met plenty of nice people from Cambridge. :biggrin: I tend to not discuss politics with people in RL, except for on the rare occasions.

Have fun. I wish I were back in Boston- I finished my PhD at BU and am now in Maine. I don't think we have many people from the greater Boston area actually on the forum right now as regulars. (At least if so, I haven't met them.)

Just a warning: the signal to noise ratio here is not always amazing.

Thank you :)

Any thoughts on where to go for the richest discussion?

Welcome to the Board.

I'm a transplanted Texan stuck in liberal loon Bean Town for the last 10 years.

Cambridge is a zoo. ...... :cool:

It's an odd place, yeah :)

Welcome! I love Boston. Great city but ya'll have awful sports teams. lol

Oof. We take that stuff personally, y'know :p

The redhead and I just got back home from Boston today.

Brought home a ricotta pie and a half dozen sfogliatelle from Modern pastry on Hanover street.......:thup:

Good work--you picked the correct one.

Super-nerd? Okay, cyanogen or vanilla android? :eusa_eh:

Vanilla. Not all nerds are tech-nerds!

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

I've met plenty of nice people from Cambridge. :biggrin: I tend to not discuss politics with people in RL, except for on the rare occasions.

There's definitely a lot of really nice people in Cambridge, yeah. But definitely odd.

I'll just say that it's a special place and not all liberals are nearly as odd as these Cantabridgians (that's the official name!). That's a bit like accusing all Conservatives of being like the Ozark backwaters or such. Not quite representative, I think ;)

They say howdy in Massachusetts?

Forum List

Back