Howdy from Boston

Super-nerd and polisci major here. Absolutely love this stuff and looking forward to getting my hands dirty with you guys. Also hoping to learn a lot--I'm a little stunted from the Cambridge, MA bubble and I'm looking forward to some fresh perspectives :)

Welcome. I'm also from Massachusetts, southeastern MA. :) I love old Cambridge. I worked there for a while a few years back.

Any time anyone wants to be convinced of every outrageous stereotype about liberals, they need only spend a day in Cambridge watching and listening.

I've met plenty of nice people from Cambridge. :biggrin: I tend to not discuss politics with people in RL, except for on the rare occasions.

There's definitely a lot of really nice people in Cambridge, yeah. But definitely odd.

I'll just say that it's a special place and not all liberals are nearly as odd as these Cantabridgians (that's the official name!). That's a bit like accusing all Conservatives of being like the Ozark backwaters or such. Not quite representative, I think ;)

I don't really know many people from Cambridge, so I couldn't say. I do like that city though. The area where I worked (this was years ago though) was really nice area, had some excellent restaurants, and the people all seemed to be quite pleasant for the most part. I also like Cambridge because of all the history in that city.

Welcome! I love Boston. Great city but ya'll have awful sports teams. lol

Especially since the cheatrios have created the biggest scandal in sports history since the black sox.other than that I love the city.

Super-nerd and polisci major here. Absolutely love this stuff and looking forward to getting my hands dirty with you guys. Also hoping to learn a lot--I'm a little stunted from the Cambridge, MA bubble and I'm looking forward to some fresh perspectives :)

Welcome. I'm also from Massachusetts, southeastern MA. :) I love old Cambridge. I worked there for a while a few years back.

Any time anyone wants to be convinced of every outrageous stereotype about liberals, they need only spend a day in Cambridge watching and listening.

I've met plenty of nice people from Cambridge. :biggrin: I tend to not discuss politics with people in RL, except for on the rare occasions.

There's definitely a lot of really nice people in Cambridge, yeah. But definitely odd.

I'll just say that it's a special place and not all liberals are nearly as odd as these Cantabridgians (that's the official name!). That's a bit like accusing all Conservatives of being like the Ozark backwaters or such. Not quite representative, I think ;)

I don't really know many people from Cambridge....

Good for you!

Have fun. I wish I were back in Boston- I finished my PhD at BU and am now in Maine. I don't think we have many people from the greater Boston area actually on the forum right now as regulars. (At least if so, I haven't met them.)

Just a warning: the signal to noise ratio here is not always amazing.

Thank you :)

Any thoughts on where to go for the richest discussion?

Unsure. This forum isn't very large, so it isn't like there's that much room, and I'm somewhat new here myself.

In general, signal to noise ratio on the internet isn't very good.

Have fun. I wish I were back in Boston- I finished my PhD at BU and am now in Maine. I don't think we have many people from the greater Boston area actually on the forum right now as regulars. (At least if so, I haven't met them.)

Just a warning: the signal to noise ratio here is not always amazing.

Thank you :)

Any thoughts on where to go for the richest discussion?

Welcome to the Board.

I'm a transplanted Texan stuck in liberal loon Bean Town for the last 10 years.

Cambridge is a zoo. ...... :cool:

It's an odd place, yeah :)

Oof. We take that stuff personally, y'know :p

The redhead and I just got back home from Boston today.

Brought home a ricotta pie and a half dozen sfogliatelle from Modern pastry on Hanover street.......:thup:

Good work--you picked the correct one.

Super-nerd? Okay, cyanogen or vanilla android? :eusa_eh:

Vanilla. Not all nerds are tech-nerds!

If you want to have a discussion, then I would recommend the Clean Debate Zone. Otherwise, you might think you're in an insane asylum some of the time. It's a fairly lightly moderated board. There are also some threads in the lounge forum and the music forum that are fun. Hope you stick around and have some fun. :)

th

Hope you enjoy posting here. I lived in New Hampshire some time back, worked in Mass.....at Hanscom. I loved the area, it was so beautiful....like living in a Christmas card. I didn't like the fact there is no Spring or Fall.......just winter and a few weeks of summer in your area.....and your streets (in Boston) are very narrow, but I hope you have fun getting to know people here.

We have the BEST sports teams and the best fans too. Jelly.

Of what? I am from one of the greatest sports city in America.

Steeler Nation baby! :gs:

;)
speaking of that,i hope he can accept facts that brady and belicheat have tarnished the NFL creating the biggest scandal in sports since the black sox.

;)
speaking of that,i hope he can accept facts that brady and belicheat have tarnished the NFL creating the biggest scandal in sports since the black sox.

I'm actually a Packers fan. Still hurts to think about the NFC championship game last year :crybaby:

;)

I'm actually a Packers fan. Still hurts to think about the NFC championship game last year :crybaby:

Packers fan??? Noooooooo!!! :biggrin:

I could use some tips on how to deal with move-in day September 1. Boston apartment. Is it the hell they say it is? :dunno:

I could use some tips on how to deal with move-in day September 1. Boston apartment. Is it the hell they say it is? :dunno:

Depending on whereabouts, finding a place to park will be a nightmare. Driving in Boston, it's really sucky.

new-york-vs-boston.jpg

;)

i have to assume you were not born in boston then,that you did not grow up there?

Forum List

Back