Howdy!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Whoooweeee! Talkin' to you fellars has got me all reminissin' 'bout the ol' days. I remember one time Pa was gonna strike it rich. We was tired o' bein' poor folks and got ourselves hunnerds o' ol' refrigerators that was busted and planted 'em out all over the back 10. We were gonna make a million as worm farmers, you betcha! The man that sold us the worms musta ripped us off though 'cause we never could get any darned worms to grow out thar. I think it was a good idea and might try that again some time. I still hear 'em say worm dirt is where the money is, yessirreee!

Were someone to draw up a detailed study of all the various and sundry types and qualities of hickhood I believe that 'redneck' would probably be a better descriptor for my particular background, but hillbilly sounds a lot better and I've been called that too. If you want to take offense that's fine but I must ask How many cattle have YOU roped while riding on the front of a riding lawn mower?

We use horses where I'm from, and lately ATVs. A cow can outrun a tractor, and since when could hillbillies afford tractors anyway?

Being a redneck of hillbilly stock myself, you don't sound like one much at all. You sound like a 60s Mountain Dew commercial.

Only snobbish 'cowboys' ride horses. I never said we had no tractor, it's a hand-crank lawn mower and you jest wait 'till they ain't running, any dern fool knows that.

Oh really.... you calling my nephew and I snobs?

3528582075_7a281deba8_o.jpg

We use horses where I'm from, and lately ATVs. A cow can outrun a tractor, and since when could hillbillies afford tractors anyway?

Being a redneck of hillbilly stock myself, you don't sound like one much at all. You sound like a 60s Mountain Dew commercial.

Only snobbish 'cowboys' ride horses. I never said we had no tractor, it's a hand-crank lawn mower and you jest wait 'till they ain't running, any dern fool knows that.

Oh really.... you calling my nephew and I snobs?

3528582075_7a281deba8_o.jpg

I miss the ranch life ... *sighs*

Never met a hillbilly that knows a damned thing about the "intermets".

I got this here contraption hooked up to a squirrel cage, but that don't make no difference nohow. My pa never would let me go to the rodeo, said it was for them high class folks, but he'd let me see the flea circus when it was in town, them was good times. Shonuff. We didn't have no black angus neither, we did have about a dozen differnt kinds o' critters in the back 10 though. Ducks, geese, chickens, turkeys, goats, cows, rabbits, dogs, cats, donkeys, even had some ol' horse back there once, you name it, I raised it, even kept fish in the bathtub out thar. Yessirrreee, we's right proper hillbillies. I even smoke out of homemade pipes when my corn cob heads south.

If your going to put on this incredibly poor act as a hillbilly, at least try and use the right euphemisms. It's the "BACK 40."

Never met a hillbilly that knows a damned thing about the "intermets".

I got this here contraption hooked up to a squirrel cage, but that don't make no difference nohow. My pa never would let me go to the rodeo, said it was for them high class folks, but he'd let me see the flea circus when it was in town, them was good times. Shonuff. We didn't have no black angus neither, we did have about a dozen differnt kinds o' critters in the back 10 though. Ducks, geese, chickens, turkeys, goats, cows, rabbits, dogs, cats, donkeys, even had some ol' horse back there once, you name it, I raised it, even kept fish in the bathtub out thar. Yessirrreee, we's right proper hillbillies. I even smoke out of homemade pipes when my corn cob heads south.

If your going to put on this incredibly poor act as a hillbilly, at least try and use the right euphemisms. It's the "BACK 40."

I suppose high fallutin' folks like yoreself mighta had 40 but we only had the 10. Grandpa had the 2000 and uncle Earl's only got the little over half a section.

Seriously though, horses have in general, even for most ranchers, been primarily recreational for the last several decades. In the sort of climate from the photos is about the only place most ranchers still rely on horses. Why are you people so concerned about my credentials as a hillbilly anyway? This is about the funniest thing I've seen on the internet in a coon's age. If I called myself WestTexasWhiteTrash instead would I have all you people saying that you're more West Texas than I am, or more white trash?

Just so you guys don't think I'm some kind of phony or anything I don't really have a squirrel cage powered computer, but everything else was true.

If I called myself WestTexasWhiteTrash instead would I have all you people saying that you're more West Texas than I am, or more white trash?

You call yourself white trash, I'll take you at your word.

Oh boy, now I know there's no competition over that username, I'll keep it at the top of my list if I consider a change.

I sho am lucky I never did say nuthin' 'bout traditional hillbilly garb like the burlap sack dress. Boy howdy! That woulda been like skinny dippin' in a pool full o' snappin' turtles!

Hello Hillbilly and welcome. Does your family tree have any branches on it? Nice to meet you. Jump in. The water's fine.

Forum List

Back