Howard Stern, Good riddence!!

Working Man

Aug 22, 2004
Maybe we can get rid of two "fads" at once, Serrius Radio, and Howard Stern. I am not going to pay for what I can get for free like radio signals, or some meatball who likes to bash Bush. Maybe, with any luck, Howard will take old mumbles, Don Imus, with him to space.

Howard has pushed the envelope too many times. The pathetic people who perform "oral" satisfaction on (those who kiss his rear end when they call with the hope for praise or prizes) him are embarassing to the rest of us.

OK, I admit, I listen to the news portion. Robin, when she is not bobbing for hemroids in Howards cavern, is pretty good at reporting the news. Arty, who is also funny, takes turn with Robin for kissing his hindass.

The thing that came out of this, that is sad and scary, is that the FCC would love to have more programming moved to "paid" airwaves so that they can give away the tv and radio broadcast bands.. BAD IDEA!!!

from the moment stern announced his move to sirius, their stock shot up 15%. Don't underestimate the number of stern fans that will move to sirius simply because of him

DKSuddeth said:
from the moment stern announced his move to sirius, their stock shot up 15%. Don't underestimate the number of stern fans that will move to sirius simply because of him

Yes never underestimate the power of large groups of stupid people. Just teasin:p I dont really care about Stern one way or another but if people want to listen to them go ahead.

Anybody that has to get on the air and wish people cancer, is an IDIOT in my book!

Hate Howard but I LOVE Serius Radio!!!
I get 100 channels free on my tv dish, Best music channels I've ever heard.
No commercials. Thinking about getting it in my car for those long road trips.
There is about a 70 mile stretch I go thruogh in Texas where I can hit the
scan button on the radio and it never stops scanning. That's when I just pop
in a cd!

It seems perfectly appropriate to me. Sirrius is just the HBO of the radio waves.

The Stern show will be much more entertaining now that the FCC can't censor him.

I seriously doubt both will go away. I bet that was said when HBO and Skinemax debuted also.

There is an audience for those of us who like to watch things free of societies rules of decency.

Call me cynical...but I truly think that people will switch to Sirrius NOT because of Stern...but because they want to...and they can afford it.

As Stern himself one said...and I'm going to paraphrase because I can't remember the exact quote...People who love me listen for 10-20 minutes a day...People who HATE me listen for 3 hours a day, everyday.

I listened to Stern and a right-wing radio guy in Pittsburgh everyday on my way to work...I switched back and forth with commercials, about 5-10 minutes of each guy...I like Stern, think he's funny...think that the censorship crap is just that...think that blaming the censorship crap on Bush is a cheap ploy and Stern knows it...but I enjoyed Stern..

If I switch to Sirrius...its not going to be for him...its going to be because I like the idea of all the channels without reception problems, yada yada yada

I would be very suprised to see Stern fans shell out the bucks, just so they can listen to him for a few minutes every day...

Stern was washed up 4 years ago. Now this is just another in the long line of publicity ploys to drag a few more years out of his carreer.

If i were going to get a satelite radio system itd be XM because they're going to have O&A. :rock:

I like stern but I am not gonna PAY to hear him. I think it will be really good on sat.

LOL, I was just saying the same thing.

It's like Lenny Bruce...after listening to Howard moan about hot lesbians for the 24th hour straight...people are going to switch the station, and not switch back for awhile.

I "outgrew" Stern when I started listening to Imus. I figured : almost the same but with Senators instead of crack whores. But now I think Imus is a crack whore, and I listen to ...NPR! ( the horror) , it's sort of like teletubbies for adults. Nice voices and soothing noises for my morning drive.

In the afternoon drive I get a local guy named Severin who'd be a good partner for Ann Coulter.

Forum List

Back