Zone1 How Young Is Too Young For Girls To Wear Makeup?

My daughter never wore makeup outside of a little lipstick and same for my granddaughter and no tattoos or weird piercings....
Thank God....
My daughter was fairly tame with the makeup and it wasn't really an issue or fight about it.
She did get one of those tounge studs when she turned 18, and I didn't say a damn thing. Within a couple months that sucker was gone when she realized how miserable the thing was.
I already knew that fad would die.

She is now over thirty now and really doesn't have that fight with our 13 year old granddaughter. Lets her wear a little in moderation.

I think it depends on the girl. I think 14 is okay to allow clear/light lip gloss and light coverage foundation if child has bad complexion they're self conscious of and light mascara for special occasions.
I would focus on using make-up to highlight natural beauty and good skin cleansing habits.
But like I said it depends on the girl, my daughter didn't really have an interest in make-up until she was @ 16.

I think it depends on the girl. I think 14 is okay to allow clear/light lip gloss and light coverage foundation if child has bad complexion they're self conscious of and light mascara for special occasions.
I would focus on using make-up to highlight natural beauty and good skin cleansing habits.
But like I said it depends on the girl, my daughter didn't really have an interest in make-up until she was @ 16.
My daughter was naturally pretty but as a teen was having issues with acne and was really self conscious about it.
She also realized that some makeup would only make it worse.
She was far more concerned with getting the medication to clear her face, which did work.

Thankfully during the mid 2000s when my daughter was a teen, makeup was not popular.
Most girls just put on a small amount of eye liner and that is it.
I remember saying no to her mother when she wanted to let her, I am not sure how old she was then, probably 13 or 14.
When she went to high school she was allowed to put on just some eye liner, and that was it.
To this day (she is now 33) she still only wears a little eye liner.

Do you plan on home schooling?

In another ten years, the Democrat party public schools will demand she get a tramp stamp as a requirement for passing to middle school

You don't want the Democrat party to take your daughter away from you, do you?

I'm in my early thirties and I still don't have any interest in makeup. It's a pain and no idea what I'm going to do about schooling yet Dogmaphobe.

Thankfully during the mid 2000s when my daughter was a teen, makeup was not popular.
Most girls just put on a small amount of eye liner and that is it.
I remember saying no to her mother when she wanted to let her, I am not sure how old she was then, probably 13 or 14.
When she went to high school she was allowed to put on just some eye liner, and that was it.
To this day (she is now 33) she still only wears a little eye liner.

It was easier a while back, now these girls are into face contouring, lip plumping, fake brows/eyelashes and OMG the eyeshadow.

Does she actually need it though?
Her choice, not yours, it's a minor issue, stop bullying her

When I was with my ex wife, my lad wanted to go up and down the road on his bike, I think is was about 4 at the time. She said no. I asked her why he couldn't, what was the issue, it's what he wants and it's a minor issue. So she relented.

But that what's happening, it's all about about control. Why do you want to control her on makeup?

When the bitch turned into and qualified as a teacher, I divorced her. Teacher's personalities are dreadful, their attitude is dreadful, they have great ideas but no idea.

It was easier a while back, now these girls are into face contouring, lip plumping, fake brows/eyelashes and OMG the eyeshadow.
Yep - I see it, I live in a college town.
Full "80s" makeup is back in style.

Most women look better with just a little touch up for enhancement... why can't they get that??

Especially the young black gals... what the hell us up with the 1 inch long fake eyelashes?????????

Although I prefer that woman ware no makeup, if they wear makeup it should look natural as if they are not wearing makeup. For example, a dark black woman shouldn't wear light pink lipstick. I don't care for pink lipstick on white women either. The lipstick should be a shade which could be the natural color of the person's lips.

My daughter was fairly tame with the makeup and it wasn't really an issue or fight about it.
She did get one of those tounge studs when she turned 18, and I didn't say a damn thing. Within a couple months that sucker was gone when she realized how miserable the thing was.
I already knew that fad would die.

She is now over thirty now and really doesn't have that fight with our 13 year old granddaughter. Lets her wear a little in moderation.

A little lip gloss and Vaseline on the eyelashes is fine for a 7th grader.

Her choice, not yours, it's a minor issue, stop bullying her

When I was with my ex wife, my lad wanted to go up and down the road on his bike, I think is was about 4 at the time. She said no. I asked her why he couldn't, what was the issue, it's what he wants and it's a minor issue. So she relented.

But that what's happening, it's all about about control. Why do you want to control her on makeup?

When the bitch turned into and qualified as a teacher, I divorced her. Teacher's personalities are dreadful, their attitude is dreadful, they have great ideas but no idea.
Although I am anti-makeup, I agree with you to a point. As children get older they need to be gradually given more freedom as they show that they can handle the responsibility. They should not be slammed with all that freedom at once upon turning 18. So if my daughter at 15 or 16 wanted to start wearing a little makeup, I would relent to a point. I would not have her leaving the house made up as a whore (and that would not be showing responsibility).

Forum List

Back