How you know it is all just Kabuki theatre

So, you're saying you want a flat tax, just as many Republicans favor.

No. I have no problem paying a higher rate than someone making 50 grand a year. When we were struggling by on that paying out 10% would have killed us.

I want to get rid of tax expenditures, which include special tax credits, deductions, exclusions, exemptions, deferrals, and preferential tax rates.

This is nothing new we go through this political theater every few years no matter which party controls what.

That's because it ultimately is, just theater.

The political class has sold this country out to china.

It is democrats fucking around with having a long weekend. Republicans have already passed a bill to raise the debt ceiling. Why are Democrats going on vacation?
Better yet, why did Biden run off to Delaware this weekend in the midst of the debt crisis? He should be whipping the Senate Democrats to support the bill the House passed.

Better yet, why did Biden run off to Delaware this weekend in the midst of the debt crisis? He should be whipping the Senate Democrats to support the bill the House passed.

Most likely because the deal has been done for weeks but both sides need to drag it out to make their base happy

Is the main sticking point that Republicans want able-bodied adults without dependents to get a job in order to keep taking other people’s money? I heard where one Democrat said it’s “cruel” to force people to work in order to get food stamps.

We are in big trouble. The Democrats are trying to convince people that it’s BAD to have to get a job in order to help pitch in for one’s own support. Dems are determined to turn us into a nation of lazy asses living off the government dole.

This is my favorite part of the whole thing. People like you attack Biden for refusing to negotiate and then you attack him for making a deal.

I appreciate how you do not even pretend not to be mindless partisan drone

While you are simply mindless

There is no way we would default, that was yet another manufactured crisis. A bona fide 3rd party would be excellent but the big money has chosen it's team. Ross Perot was the last chance we had at a true 3 party system and that obviously failed. As for voting, the ballot system is fraught with problems. We have the technology to have a truly secure electronic voting system without suspect "voting machines". But that won't happen either.

Democrats have no path to victory that way.

McCarthy got an agreement for spending cuts.

The tentative deal, finalized during an hour-and-a-half phone call between Biden and McCarthy Saturday night, would raise the limit on how much the government can borrow through the end of 2024.

In return, it would cap annual discretionary spending for two years, keeping non-defense spending levels flat next year and raising it by 1% in 2025, while delivering on a host of other cuts that Republicans demanded.

I thought the Dems would be playing the "kids will starve!" card, and let the government "shut down."

No. I have no problem paying a higher rate than someone making 50 grand a year. When we were struggling by on that paying out 10% would have killed us.

I want to get rid of tax expenditures, which include special tax credits, deductions, exclusions, exemptions, deferrals, and preferential tax rates.
In other words, you are a diehard lefty who only wants the rich to pay taxes and no one else, even though they are already paying most of the taxes now. I say people receiving government benefits shouldn't be allowed to vote at all because they will only vote for the party who gives them even more freebies.

In other words, you are a diehard lefty who only wants the rich to pay taxes and no one else, even though they are already paying most of the taxes now.

Just the opposite in fact. Find me a lefty that is pushing to get rid of all tax tax expenditures. If we got rid of all tax expenditures everyone could pay a lower rate and some people would not get to pay less than others just because they have 4 kids or have not paid off their house.

In my plan everyone pays something, nobody pays as much as they used to

I say people receiving government benefits shouldn't be allowed to vote at all because they will only vote for the party who gives them even more freebies.

So, anyone on Social Security cannot vote? Anyone receiving military retirement benefits cannot vote?

In other words, you are a diehard lefty who only wants the rich to pay taxes and no one else, even though they are already paying most of the taxes now. I say people receiving government benefits shouldn't be allowed to vote at all because they will only vote for the party who gives them even more freebies.

He is one of the left wing loons that actually thinks they are moderates
Whatever that actually is.

This is nothing new we go through this political theater every few years no matter which party controls what.

Up until Bush started his illegal wars in 2003, there really was not much national debt.
The main previous offender was Reagan with SDI.
We really should have a mandatory balanced budget.

Up until Bush started his illegal wars in 2003, there really was not much national debt.
The main previous offender was Reagan with SDI.
We really should have a mandatory balanced budget.
This nation was debt free one time from the beginning of 1835 and stayed that way till 1837 since then we have been running up debt no matter what party the President belonged to or which one controlled Congress.

The flat tax would greatly simplify, and the argument that it would not be progressive could be countered just by greatly increasing the standard deductions per person.

This nation was debt free one time from the beginning of 1835 and stayed that way till 1837 since then we have been running up debt no matter what party the President belonged to or which one controlled Congress.

One thing we could do is limit the national debts to GDP ratio to something like 50%.
We had a 30% to 40% ratio for a very long time, but now we are over 120% of debt to GDP ratio, and that is ridiculous.

Forum List

Back