How you know it is all just Kabuki theatre

If they default on the debt on June 5, that is a choice that they will make. They will be rejecting the option to redirect other spending into paying the interest on the debt.

Like a guy refusing to cancel his trip to Vegas and use the money to pay his monthly credit card payments.

The government does not have the ability to do this with their computer systems. There is no reason for them to do so.

I see this morning the one sticking point is work requirements, damn if someone is able to work 20 hours a week they should to receive other help.

The Repubs are part of the drama, it is all a game and people like you eat it up like it is real.

I have never understood how people are so blind to it
Of course both sides are putting on a show. Funny thing though is it is only a select few putting on the show. The only ones not putting on a show are the far left and the far right, who are the ones who will wind up holding the bag and being forced to either vote for the pony show or not. They will either have to vote for the show or send the country into a default. Tough choice. Trump was wrong about DC. It is not a swamp, it is much more like a black hole. Once you get sucked in there is no escape.

Of course both sides are putting on a show. Funny thing though is it is only a select few putting on the show. The only ones not putting on a show are the far left and the far right, who are the ones who will wind up holding the bag and being forced to either vote for the pony show or not. They will either have to vote for the show or send the country into a default. Tough choice. Trump was wrong about DC. It is not a swamp, it is much more like a black hole. Once you get sucked in there is no escape.
No, it's 36 GOP republicans that don't want a deal come hell or high water.

Such a prediction wouldn’t be necessary, of course, if Republicans had any interest in responsible governance, rather than holding the country hostage like the domestic terrorist they are.
Yeah. We should just raise taxes even more. Better yet, take everybody's GD money and give it all to the government.
Anyone who hasn't gotten their poison vaccination can just bugger off to Hell.

Funny thing though is it is only a select few putting on the show. The only ones not putting on a show are the far left and the far right, who are the ones who will wind up holding the bag and being forced to either vote for the pony show or not.

The far right will not be forced to vote for it, there will be enough "moderate" Repubs in safe seats that will cross over and save the day and then the Repubs will be like "well, we tried" and the Dems will be "well, we tried"....both will claim victory and both will say the other side caved.

I truly wish our country was not this way

This is my favorite part of the whole thing. People like you attack Biden for refusing to negotiate and then you attack him for making a deal.

I appreciate how you do not even pretend not to be mindless partisan drone

Of course I'm partisan, Mr. LOLbertarian. I have believes and principles and I stick to them. It's not like I'm just flopping around in the breeze and taking whatever position suits my fancy. Unlike yourself, I have a party and leaders who support my positions and reflect my own values. And my political party and leaders actually win real elections. Imagine that.

If we default, I have a feeling you will not be alone in thinking this, and I could see major interest in a 3rd party.

Question is, would be a real grassroots "centrist" third party or a Trojan Horse to something else? Or would it open the door to a sub-270 EV count and having the House of Reps decide the election?
There is no way we would default, that was yet another manufactured crisis. A bona fide 3rd party would be excellent but the big money has chosen it's team. Ross Perot was the last chance we had at a true 3 party system and that obviously failed. As for voting, the ballot system is fraught with problems. We have the technology to have a truly secure electronic voting system without suspect "voting machines". But that won't happen either.

Of course I'm partisan, Mr. LOLbertarian. I have believes and principles and I stick to them. It's not like I'm just flopping around in the breeze and taking whatever position suits my fancy. Unlike yourself, I have a party and leaders who support my positions and reflect my own values. And my political party and leaders actually win real elections. Imagine that.

Being partisan is the opposite of having beliefs and principles and sticking to them. Your values change based on which party is in power. When the GOP is in power it is cool to raise the debt limit with out cutting spending, when they are not spending must be cut.

When the GOP is in power spending and debt are not important, when they are not they are the most important thing.

When the GOP is in power it is ok to abuse the power of the Govt, when they are not it is not.

I see this morning the one sticking point is work requirements, damn if someone is able to work 20 hours a week they should to receive other help.
That seems to be the key sticking point. Understandable. Some dude who is used to getting the regular checks while playing the latest version of GTA in his parents' basement all day, doesn't want to spend twenty hours a week spraying lysol into shoes at the bowling alley.

He'll think, 'I got out of bed at noon that day to vote for Bill Foster, and he throws me under the bus like this? Next time, I'll vote for the other guy, no matter who it is.'

folks this inflation is transitory.....lolololol

you people have no idea what is coming economically for this nation soon....chuckle

the personal finance indicators are a fucking disaster you don't even know or could possibly understand

There is no way we would default, that was yet another manufactured crisis.

The situation is manufactured, but what if a series of errors leads to disaster? People assume that Biden and McCarthy -- or the leadership in both parties -- are in control. I'm not sure that is the case.

There are some 'wildcards' on both sides of the political spectrum. McCarthy could be dealing with MAGA House members who believe that pushing this past the x-date results in Trump getting his old job back. There are also individuals in the Dem party who are going to be furious at what they're going to be asked to vote for, and furious at Biden and the leadership for putting them in this position. Dem "progressives" are going to be asked to sign on to work requirements that they'll regard as the antithesis for why they ran for office. Both sides will eventually work out a deal, but the question is when, and how much damage will be done by the time they get around to getting it done.

A bona fide 3rd party would be excellent but the big money has chosen it's team. Ross Perot was the last chance we had at a true 3 party system and that obviously failed. As for voting, the ballot system is fraught with problems. We have the technology to have a truly secure electronic voting system without suspect "voting machines". But that won't happen either.

Money is already prepared to choose another team. I don't think it's viable as a contender, but absolutely viable as a disruptor.

The situation is manufactured, but what if a series of errors leads to disaster? People assume that Biden and McCarthy -- or the leadership in both parties -- are in control. I'm not sure that is the case.

There are some 'wildcards' on both sides of the political spectrum. McCarthy could be dealing with MAGA House members who believe that pushing this past the x-date results in Trump getting his old job back. There are also individuals in the Dem party who are going to be furious at what they're going to be asked to vote for, and furious at Biden and the leadership for putting them in this position. Dem "progressives" are going to be asked to sign on to work requirements that they'll regard as the antithesis for why they ran for office. Both sides will eventually work out a deal, but the question is when, and how much damage will be done by the time they get around to getting it done.

Money is already prepared to choose another team. I don't think it's viable as a contender, but absolutely viable as a disruptor.

If Elon Musk continues to gain the country's trust over the next few years, I could see him being a viable 3rd Party option. He strikes me as an obsessive problem solver and there is no bigger problem to solve than America at this point.

If Elon Musk continues to gain the country's trust over the next few years, I could see him being a viable 3rd Party option. He strikes me as an obsessive problem solver and there is no bigger problem to solve than America at this point.

He can't. Born outside the US; therefore, not eligible according to the Constitution. He could be almost anything but President.

It is house Republicans who passed a debt ceiling increase. It just needs the Senate and Biden to sign off on it.

MAGAs supposedly care about deficit reduction, and then insist that we cut IRS's budget. Pretty clear they are not serious about deficit reduction.

Forum List

Back