White House warns debt default could wipe out 8 million jobs, plunge stock market

200 plus years of history says spending cuts belong in a budget
Except you just said that Biden is willing to negotiate if the spending cuts are “where they belong.” And by that, you mean where HE and the Dems think they belong.

I’d love to see them start with government pensions. Waaaay too generous - lifelong govt workers I know are buying second homes and taking six-week international cruises, thanks to the taxpayers who are struggling to pay their grocery bill.

So if we don't go out and borrow trillions of more dollars to have more government spending then eight million Americans will be out of work?

LOL

If we have to borrow money to keep them employed then they never had real jobs to begin with, did they?

Except you just said that Biden is willing to negotiate if the spending cuts are “where they belong.” And by that, you mean where HE and the Dems think they belong.

I’d love to see them start with government pensions. Waaaay too generous - lifelong govt workers I know are buying second homes and taking six-week international cruises, thanks to the taxpayers who are struggling to pay their grocery bill.

You missed that part about spending cuts being part of an annual budget didn’t you?

You missed that part about spending cuts being part of an annual budget didn’t you?
You missed the part where you said Biden will negotiate IF the cuts are “where they belong.” IOW, he sounds just like Obama when he said he is willing to compromise as long as he gets what he wants.

You missed the part where you said Biden will negotiate IF the cuts are “where they belong.” IOW, he sounds just like Obama when he said he is willing to compromise as long as he gets what he wants.
Biden has already agreed to negotiate the 2024 budget

Where is McCarthy?

If I said thank you would that help? ;)

If I said thank you would that help? ;)
Well, you might be one of the good ones, but government pensioners need to feel at least SOME of the pain they vote for - and right now Biden is spending money like no tomorrow and government retirees are protected from the inflation the rest of the country is suffering with.

I know someone who is on a generous govt pension, and she told me to stop worrying so much about inflation. Easy for her to say - her pension is tied to inflation.

You said you were having trouble paying your grocery bill.
No I didn’t. I expressed empathy for seniors on modest fixed incomes who are. As a Republican, I have concern for others.

White House economists warned on Wednesday that a protracted debt default would cause the loss of more than 8 million jobs and cut the stock market in half.

The new projections, published in a blog post by the White House Council of Economic Advisers, make clear the enormous stakes behind a potential breach of the debt ceiling.

“A protracted default would likely lead to severe damage to the economy, with job growth swinging from its current pace of robust gains to losses numbering in the millions,” the White House economists said.

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said the US could default on its debt as soon as June 1 if Congress doesn’t act.

The report estimates the impact under three scenarios: brinksmanship, a short default and a protracted default.

Yeah, I almost quit reading at "WH Economists" too. ;)

Well then, if it's DOOOM-time Tater should negotiate with the Republicans shouldn't he?.....I mean if the WH has time to put that shit out, they have time to negotiate cuts in exchange with the House.

But I knew it, the reason Tater's handlers wanted to wait a week for debt ceiling "discussions" was so they could get their media lackeys all lined-up to gaslight the dumb-shit public.....Watch for a full-court press tomorrow and through the week.
Just cut off all Federal payments to MAGA states. After all its what you want.

Well, you might be one of the good ones, but government pensioners need to feel at least SOME of the pain they vote for - and right now Biden is spending money like no tomorrow and government retirees are protected from the inflation the rest of the country is suffering with.

I know someone who is on a generous govt pension, and she told me to stop worrying so much about inflation. Easy for her to say - her pension is tied to inflation.
You should not begrudge anyone for putting in the work for their pensions.

The uninformed think they all get some kind of POTUS pension for working just a few years when that is not the case at all.

Me, I hit the trifecta.....20 year pension from the state, 20 year pension from Dupont, and the wife's 30-odd year pension/insurance from the feds......Toss in SS and I've never had so much disposable income.

White House economists warned on Wednesday that a protracted debt default would cause the loss of more than 8 million jobs and cut the stock market in half.

The new projections, published in a blog post by the White House Council of Economic Advisers, make clear the enormous stakes behind a potential breach of the debt ceiling.

“A protracted default would likely lead to severe damage to the economy, with job growth swinging from its current pace of robust gains to losses numbering in the millions,” the White House economists said.

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said the US could default on its debt as soon as June 1 if Congress doesn’t act.

The report estimates the impact under three scenarios: brinksmanship, a short default and a protracted default.

Yeah, I almost quit reading at "WH Economists" too. ;)

Well then, if it's DOOOM-time Tater should negotiate with the Republicans shouldn't he?.....I mean if the WH has time to put that shit out, they have time to negotiate cuts in exchange with the House.

But I knew it, the reason Tater's handlers wanted to wait a week for debt ceiling "discussions" was so they could get their media lackeys all lined-up to gaslight the dumb-shit public.....Watch for a full-court press tomorrow and through the week.
Since that's their goal, seems like it's all working out. For who I don't know.

Yes, we know it's your ilk's way, or the nation gets it.
That's what I've been saying. You and I agree. :eusa_whistle:
Nice twist on reality

MAGA Republicans are demanding a default on our nations debt if they don’t get their $2 trillion in spending cuts.

What happens in a default?
Bills don’t get paid. Defense contractors, Social Security, Medicare, Military, Civil Service

The US Credit Rating goes in the tank, StockMarket crashes

All because of a MAGA temper tantrum

Last edited:

Forum List

Back