How would you feel if...

your name and address were to be published in the local newspaper?

Apparently The Journal News in NY has decided it was appropriate to publish the names and addresses, including an interactive map, of all registered gun owners in Westchester and Rockland counties. I wonder whether that newspaper will have the balls to publish the consequences of such a violation of privacy?

NY Newspaper Intimidates Gun Owners By Publishing Names & Addresses :: Minute Men News

Newspaper Publishes Gun Owners’ Names and Addresses - ABC News

http://www.lohud.com/interactive/ar...1011/Map-Where-gun-permits-your-neighborhood-

i think it's wrong. i think it's stupid

how did you feel when the loons did that to abortion doctors?

and which group of people whose addresses were published were in greater danger?

Last edited:

Apparently The Journal News in NY has decided it was appropriate to publish the names and addresses, including an interactive map, of all registered gun owners in Westchester and Rockland counties. I wonder whether that newspaper will have the balls to publish the consequences of such a violation of privacy?

NY Newspaper Intimidates Gun Owners By Publishing Names & Addresses :: Minute Men News

http://www.lohud.com/interactive/ar...1011/Map-Where-gun-permits-your-neighborhood-

and which group of people whose addresses were published were in greater danger?

Thanks for seeing the point Jillian. Also for the perspective of the abortion doctors. I think the idea was to shame both gun onwers and abortion doctors.

Except what she posted was perfectly clear and made a valid point.

You just have no answer for it -- so you pretend she's incoherent.

Coward.

And I would note you're an asshole, had you not already made the point with that avatar.
Once again you're butting in to an exchange that had nothing whatsoever to do with you. Seems to be a habit. Who do you think you are-- the government?

How exactly would I "answer" a rambling rant that has no point?
OK, here's my answer: "42".

Satisfied .... :asshole: ?

Near as I can tell all of our mods and admin are in good health, so no one died and left you in charge of anything.

You are a simpleton hack who folds at the slightest challenge. That is precisely why myself and others will happily await your next rant.

Precious. Now I actually have a fourth party, butting in on top of a third party, who in turn butted in on a single exchange between myself and one other, none of which involved either of you in the first place, about a post that made no point at all. And the original poster never even came back to explain what the hell she was talking about, ergo there is no conversation on which in to butt.

My head swims. A butt-inner butting in on another butt-inner, about a conversation that isn't even taking place.
You two losers really really need to try to find a life somewhere, don't you think?:cuckoo:

:offtopic: from the :offtopic:

And I would note you're an asshole, had you not already made the point with that avatar.
Once again you're butting in to an exchange that had nothing whatsoever to do with you. Seems to be a habit. Who do you think you are-- the government?

Near as I can tell all of our mods and admin are in good health, so no one died and left you in charge of anything.

You are a simpleton hack who folds at the slightest challenge. That is precisely why myself and others will happily await your next rant.

Precious. Now I actually have a fourth party, butting in on top of a third party, who in turn butted in on a single exchange between myself and one other, none of which involved either of you in the first place, about a post that made no point at all. And the original poster never even came back to explain what the hell she was talking about, ergo there is no conversation on which in to butt.

My head swims. A butt-inner butting in on another butt-inner, about a conversation that isn't even taking place.
You two losers really really need to try to find a life somewhere, don't you think?:cuckoo:

:offtopic: from the :offtopic:

Your inability to understand postings is already legend. You should feel honored to be a chew toy. It is a much higher station than real life probably affords you.

Oh yeah I do. I'm finding that video very useful here.
When I put it up it means "what you just posted is an incoherent ramble that makes no point".

Coward.

You conceded the point then.

Coward.

You conceded the point then.

Nah - I made up a random non sequitur answer to a non sequitur post that probably wasn't even a question anyway.

The weird thing is -- Gunboy never came back so apparently he's happy with that random answer. To a non-question. With some people you just never know.

They know which ones to hit when the gun owners are at work.

Unless, of course, the dingbats take ALL of their guns to work with them every day.

Next, we'll hear of metal detectors in order to find out who is packing and can send the home to leave their guns.

Or, if the business supports having armed employees, they can stay.

GAWD. Guns at work. We're getting crazier and stupider every day.

The nutters really will turn us into a police state, everyone armed, ready to shoot it out at the water cooler.

I used to carry to work. All day, the weapon was locked in my desk and I only strapped up when I left at 5.
I generally had several women waiting at my office door, all of whom I accompanied up the alley at quitting time.(nasty section of town)
I saw each one to their car and made sure they were able to leave before getting to my motorcycle that was always parked withing sight of the lone security guard.
One night, after the last of my charges had driven off, a wide eyed disheveled man walked towards me fro the other side of the alley. His right hand was behind his back. He just looked like someone to be wary of.
He asked, "Hey man. You got a cigarette?. Actually, I had a pack of smokes in my shirt pocket and said, "Sure". I unzipped my leather jacked and reached for the smokes right behind the grips of the Smith and Wesson model 629.
My friend, apparently gave up smoking and took up jogging. as he turned, I plainly saw the steak knife in his right hand.
Thankfully, I didn't have to unholster the weapon.

Things like that happen all the time and go unreported, but you libs would rather the women I saw to their cars got assaulted, or I got knifed or robbed.
Fuck ya all!

Actually no, I'd rather you think more creatively than the hit-the-problem-over-the-head mentality. And I'd rather you hadn't taught the guy with the steak knife that if he wants to succeed in his chosen profession he'd better escalate his armory. Because the next time that happens, what you're packing ain't gonna be enough. That's a dead end.

So what solution would you suggest to protect yourself against perps like the one described?

I think it's wrong in either case.

Ironically and poetically, the morons who posted the addresses are just providing information to criminals as to which houses not to burglarize.

Or which houses TO burglarize once they've cased the joint and know when no one is home.

Which is what most burglars do, anyway.

Then it becomes more like a shopping list.

"Hey, this guy has a Glock 9! I've always wanted one of those!"

Thanks for seeing the point Jillian. Also for the perspective of the abortion doctors. I think the idea was to shame both gun onwers and abortion doctors.

i would go further. i think the idea is to make them targets. and i don't like it in either regard.

Do you know what non sequitur means?

Hint: It does NOT mean "I don't have a rational argument against your point, so I will pretend that what you say has nothing to do with the discussion."

When I put it up it means "what you just posted is an incoherent ramble that makes no point".

Coward.

what she posted was ridiculous. because it isn't about just gathering public information.

there is nothing to answer. sometimes it's just better to let allie go off on one of her tangents.

am I mistaken, or is there a difference between a conceal to carry permit and having a gun registered? I dont see how this will benefit a criminal, they could still burglarize the home of a gun owner and find themselves staring down the barrel of a shotgun. Thats not to mention those that dont have their guns registered

Coward.

Man, you sure do get pissy when people don't kiss your ass the way you think you deserve, don't you?

Get used to it, kid. :lol:

Coward.

what she posted was ridiculous. because it isn't about just gathering public information.

there is nothing to answer. sometimes it's just better to let allie go off on one of her tangents.
What she posted is ridiculous simply because you don't like it.

That's all.

Ironically and poetically, the morons who posted the addresses are just providing information to criminals as to which houses not to burglarize.

That is true. But they also have a ready source of locations to go to 'acquire' more firearms, too. Easy, peasy...stake out the target and wait for the homeowner to leave. I'm wondering whether there will now be a increase in homeowner self defense cases and how a paper of this caliber will cover such defense, most likely involving firearms wielded the victims?
Always leave a shooter at home...why else have guns???

i would go further. i think the idea is to make them targets. and i don't like it in either regard.

I would like to think it was an unintended consequence, but tend to agree with you too.

Looks like a blogger struck back at that paper and released the names and addresses of all of its employees to the public.

And this is exactly why escalation is a bad idea. Just as the idea that the answer to guns is more guns. Escalation never ends well.

Looks like a blogger struck back at that paper and released the names and addresses of all of its employees to the public.

And this is exactly why escalation is a bad idea. Just as the idea that the answer to guns is more guns. Escalation never ends well.

Was only a matter of time honestly before someone did this, and I'm talking about both sides.

It surprises me very little, but the paper is still very much in the wrong here. They exposed more people than just those that own guns.

It's not escalation. Turnabout is fair play. He published data culled from public sources so data on him from public sources was published.

Forum List

Back