How would you feel if...

gallantwarrior

Gold Member
Jul 25, 2011
On my own 200 acres of the Frozen North
your name and address were to be published in the local newspaper?

Apparently The Journal News in NY has decided it was appropriate to publish the names and addresses, including an interactive map, of all registered gun owners in Westchester and Rockland counties. I wonder whether that newspaper will have the balls to publish the consequences of such a violation of privacy?

NY Newspaper Intimidates Gun Owners By Publishing Names & Addresses :: Minute Men News

Newspaper Publishes Gun Owners’ Names and Addresses - ABC News

http://www.lohud.com/interactive/ar...1011/Map-Where-gun-permits-your-neighborhood-

Last edited:
Ironically and poetically, the morons who posted the addresses are just providing information to criminals as to which houses not to burglarize.

Ironically and poetically, the morons who posted the addresses are just providing information to criminals as to which houses not to burglarize.

That is true. But they also have a ready source of locations to go to 'acquire' more firearms, too. Easy, peasy...stake out the target and wait for the homeowner to leave. I'm wondering whether there will now be a increase in homeowner self defense cases and how a paper of this caliber will cover such defense, most likely involving firearms wielded the victims?

That is true. But they also have a ready source of locations to go to 'acquire' more firearms, too. Easy, peasy...stake out the target and wait for the homeowner to leave. I'm wondering whether there will now be a increase in homeowner self defense cases and how a paper of this caliber will cover such defense, most likely involving firearms wielded the victims?

I'll stick with my assessment. The outers have defined where the Gun Zones are. Reality demonstrates criminals' preference for Gun Free Zones.

I'll stick with my assessment. The outers have defined where the Gun Zones are. Reality demonstrates criminals' preference for Gun Free Zones.

I agree with your assessment.

How convenient for the criminals.

While the gun owners are at work, the burglars can have their pick.

Desperation stretch #132.

Only in the fantasy comic books of the gun nuts who actually think the world works this way. Or tell themselves this to try to rationalize the perversion.

Think about it: if these names are already public record, and the burglars are in the public.... duh?!

Last edited:
It's an attempt by the liberals to #1, get guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens and into the hands of criminals, and #2, to hopefully get a few gun owners killed.

They're just stand up folks.

The local gun club should do a little research on the reporters and editors, post their names, addresses, and phone numbers along with a listing of all assets the assholes have, and their schedules. Make sure to include in the ad that they are adamantly anti-gun, thus unarmed.

Exactly. Which is why the gun owners should return the favor to the pieces of shit who are trying to get them killed.

Regardless of what side you are on - this was incredibly dumb.
I hope we see a follow up story as to how many subscribers drop the newspaper.
I would.
Especially when you read the story that goes with the map. In essence the story alludes to "look at all of these potential crazy people who might load up and mow us down" - pure horseshit.

On the assumption that you don't forfeit those details for public viewing when you get a firearms license in America, I'd demand to know who or where released my private/personal details to the media. Then I'd sue them.

On the assumption that you don't forfeit those details for public viewing when you get a firearms license in America, I'd demand to know who or where released my private/personal details to the media. Then I'd sue them.

You would lose, or actually the lawsuit would never even be entered in.
Freedom of information act is what they used - which unfortunately makes this legal.

There should be laws requiring every home and business to be posted either "gun free zone" or "I'll blow your head off". It would save a lot of the lives of criminals. They know which homes to avoid when occupied.

Forum List

Back