How would you feel if...

Looks like a blogger struck back at that paper and released the names and addresses of all of its employees to the public.

And this is exactly why escalation is a bad idea. Just as the idea that the answer to guns is more guns. Escalation never ends well.

It's not escalation. Turnabout is fair play. He published data culled from public sources so data on him from public sources was published.

You do realize that your first sentence and your second contradict each other? Ruh-roh.

Looks like a blogger struck back at that paper and released the names and addresses of all of its employees to the public.

And this is exactly why escalation is a bad idea. Just as the idea that the answer to guns is more guns. Escalation never ends well.

Was only a matter of time honestly before someone did this, and I'm talking about both sides.

It surprises me very little, but the paper is still very much in the wrong here. They exposed more people than just those that own guns.

And just how did the paper do that?

If the paper is wrong to publish public info, then you're saying it should not be public info?
Presumably you are, so back to the unanswered question: if owning/using guns is such a panacea, why are gun owners ashamed of that info? Why are they proud to own guns yet ashamed to own the ownership?

I gotta say when I first read "Was only a matter of time" I misread it as "War is only a matter of time". No such luck.

PS - love the Eddie Murphy avatar :D

Is it not a matter of public record?

It is. Which is exactly why keeping these kinds of public records is dangerous. And why many of us fear that attempts to 'regulate' gun ownership will lead attempts to harass and intimidate gun owners in this fashion. With the growing collusion between corporate media and government, it's no surprise "the press" is a willing accomplice in this effort.

Blog turns tables on gun map paper - Katie Glueck - POLITICO.com

Good on him for doing that, I say.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

So you think the NYT was wrong to publish those addresses?

Who told you this was the New York Times?
I thought this was the "Journal News", a little suburban paper in the lower Hudson Valley... ?

I guess some hair-on-fire news blatherers (and posters) make it seem like the NYT, hurricanes and Armageddon all rolled into one, but that's all it is.

Last edited:

So you think the NYT was wrong to publish those addresses?

Who told you this was the New York Times?
I thought this was the "Journal News", a little suburban paper in the lower Hudson Valley... ?

I guess some hair-on-fire news blatherers (and posters) make it seem like the NYT, hurricanes and Armageddon all rolled into one, but that's all it is.

My mistake. It's the Journal News.

The question still stands.

It was just pointed out that some of these gun permit holders are victims of domestic violence whose spouses didn't know where they were. Until now.

Escalation never ends well? :doubt:

Never say 'never'.
Hiroshima and Nagasaki ended the war with Japan rather well.

Was only a matter of time honestly before someone did this, and I'm talking about both sides.

It surprises me very little, but the paper is still very much in the wrong here. They exposed more people than just those that own guns.

If the paper is wrong to publish public info, then you're saying it should not be public info?
Presumably you are, so back to the unanswered question: if owning/using guns is such a panacea, why are gun owners ashamed of that info? Why are they proud to own guns yet ashamed to own the ownership?

I gotta say when I first read "Was only a matter of time" I misread it as "War is only a matter of time". No such luck.

Thanks lol...one of my favorite movies.

OT: As Katzndogs pointed out, some of these owners are women who are victims of domestic violence whose abusive husbands now know where to find them thanks to this paper. Yes these women may have guns to defend themselves, but should that fail to protect them, whatever happens will be on the folks who decided to expose them to this type of danger.

Never say 'never'.

I could present between 90,000 and 200,000 people who might take issue with that. I could, except they're dead.

I guess your post was facetious. It's hard to tell.

Never say 'never'.

I could present between 90,000 and 200,000 people who might take issue with that. I could, except they're dead.

In order to really simplify it, don't try to escalate a gunfight with a knife.
Comprehende?

OT: As Katzndogs pointed out, some of these owners are women who are victims of domestic violence whose abusive husbands now know where to find them thanks to this paper. Yes these women may have guns to defend themselves, but should that fail to protect them, whatever happens will be on the folks who decided to expose them to this type of danger.

Yeah I heard about that. I'm not a lawyer but it seems to me if somebody has a restraining order, their personal info shouldn't be public info.

Yeah I heard about that. I'm not a lawyer but it seems to me if somebody has a restraining order, their personal info shouldn't be public info.

Agreed. That's why what this paper did does not sit well with me.

Blog turns tables on gun map paper - Katie Glueck - POLITICO.com

Good on him for doing that, I say.

My initial thoughts as well, but wrong and right is relative. This blogger's response felt right to me.

That makes you part of the problem.

Never say 'never'.

You could talk to the million + who would have died had we invaded Japan. While some have died of old age, many are still alive -- including my father.

your name and address were to be published in the local newspaper?

Apparently The Journal News in NY has decided it was appropriate to publish the names and addresses, including an interactive map, of all registered gun owners in Westchester and Rockland counties. I wonder whether that newspaper will have the balls to publish the consequences of such a violation of privacy?

NY Newspaper Intimidates Gun Owners By Publishing Names & Addresses :: Minute Men News

Newspaper Publishes Gun Owners’ Names and Addresses - ABC News

http://www.lohud.com/interactive/ar...1011/Map-Where-gun-permits-your-neighborhood-

Remember when the media just reported the news and stayed out of the politics of the news?

Payback!:badgrin:

Newspaper That Published Gun-Owner Addresses Gets Its Staff's Info Outed - Yahoo! News

Last edited:

Forum List

Back