How Will You Vote in the Future?

Yes, yes. Of course, for the organization solely dedicated to upholding the US constitution, particularly its 2nd amendment it's completely unnacceptable to contribute.

However, all these guys who I don't know exactly which part of the constitution they are trying to protect, it's completely OK to lobby all the politicians in the world:

totalcontributions1000.jpg

I am sure that they have the best interests of us all at heart. The NRA voluntarily paid for by Americans who want to uphold the country's constitution however, is the big problem here, which is why you can see it at the very top of the list.
The problem is that the GOP since the 1880's has deliberately been supporting the richest men in the US and has made laws favoring their existence. The Founding Fathers never did trust wealthy people and big corporations because they had seen how the govt. of England was taken over and run by the rich and wealthy, which is what they didn't want..If you really are a constitutionalist you would support taking away the personage status of corporations and their influence peddling on our govt.
I read that one of our gubernatorial candidates (Betsy Sweet) is running under the Clean Elections rules, not accepting big money donations, or from PACS, etc. So she's going to lose, won't even make it through the primaries. Watch. They ALL need to be running that way.

If they all ran that way we would see multiple parties popping up and giving us more of a selection of qualified candidates. Big money rush’s politics and McCain Feingold ensured it to continue when they sponsored Campaign Finance Reform.

Big money ha s ruined our politics.

I personally will NEVER vote for a candidate that takes campaign contributions from the NRA. I'm not for taking everyone's guns, but I do however think as a civilized society we shouldn't be the Wild West. I find it astonishing that the same Conservatives that are for limited federal government, and having as few federal gun laws as possible, suddenly find that the solution to school shootings is getting the federal government MORE involved in making schools as secure as prisons.

As long as politicians are bought and paid for with NRA money, they will not look to pass laws and fund programs to solve this crisis we are currently having.
Government owns the schools, and government runs the schools. How could it possibly get more involved than that?

Just admit you want to repeal the 2nd Amendment and get it over with.

You aren't fooling anyone.

I already knew the argument this post would get... it's the one the NRA peddles to all its supporters. Any new laws are automatically twisted to mean "THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE ALL YOUR GUNS!"

No... most people are not at all saying that, but that's what it gets twisted into. MOST people are only about sensible gun laws.
Plenty of leftwingers are saying that, and the ones who aren't are lying.

Yes, yes. Of course, for the organization solely dedicated to upholding the US constitution, particularly its 2nd amendment it's completely unnacceptable to contribute.

However, all these guys who I don't know exactly which part of the constitution they are trying to protect, it's completely OK to lobby all the politicians in the world:

I am sure that they have the best interests of us all at heart. The NRA voluntarily paid for by Americans who want to uphold the country's constitution however, is the big problem here, which is why you can see it at the very top of the list.
The problem is that the GOP since the 1880's has deliberately been supporting the richest men in the US and has made laws favoring their existence. The Founding Fathers never did trust wealthy people and big corporations because they had seen how the govt. of England was taken over and run by the rich and wealthy, which is what they didn't want..If you really are a constitutionalist you would support taking away the personage status of corporations and their influence peddling on our govt.

So you voted for Hillary because she's not wealthy?

I will probably not vote anymore. In the past I've voted for both democrats and republicans. Now, though ... I have no faith in this country or its people. It will go in whatever direction, and I'm just along for the ride. My vote doesn't matter anyway.

Many of the Founders were wealthy men, and many lost their fortunes in support of the revolution.
And?

And your bash against wealthy people running things crashes and burns. Or perhaps you'd prefer Homeless Herb down at the corner running the Treasury?
There is nothing wrong with a wealthy person has a high govt. position, the problem occurs when that office is used as influence peddling or for the direct benefit of fellow rich men to empower themselves.

So you voted for Hillary because she's not wealthy?
You do have a very limited mind.

Liberals always need a boogieman to blame otherwise they would never win an election. Trump says here are my solutions, here's what I propose we do, vote for me. Liberals say vote for us because (fill in the blank) is a boogieman.
Yeah, Trump never made a boogeyman ever..
He can't fart in public without it being someone else's fart fault.

I personally will NEVER vote for a candidate that takes campaign contributions from the NRA. I'm not for taking everyone's guns, but I do however think as a civilized society we shouldn't be the Wild West. I find it astonishing that the same Conservatives that are for limited federal government, and having as few federal gun laws as possible, suddenly find that the solution to school shootings is getting the federal government MORE involved in making schools as secure as prisons.

As long as politicians are bought and paid for with NRA money, they will not look to pass laws and fund programs to solve this crisis we are currently having.

And this is new?
I love it you hated the NRA before and you do now, trying to make it sound like there was a change. The NRA is one of the least partisan groups in Washington....you vote for their positions on guns, they support you, no other agenda........unlike civil rights, womens rights...which are fronts for leftwingers.

I can think for myself and have opinions that don't always align with either party.

And yet you've jumped right onto the far left anti-NRA bogeyman bandwagon. All the independent thinking, I guess....

Wrong. When listening to the idiot NRA spoke woman and how they use their money to control government, they've stepped over the line.

Single issue voters shouldn't be allowed to vote, they're too stupid.
By that logic no one should be allowed to vote.

Zander doesn't have any logic and misses the entire point.

If a politician can be bought and paid for by the NRA, then they aren't going to be representing their constituents, which is what they are supposed to be elected to do.

The NRA is not your problem, you have a problem with the US constitution .

I will not vote for a democrat, ever. I will not vote for any democrat policy. But I go further than that. I would befriend or associate with any democrats. Political affiliation is my litmus test in all things. It doesn't matter who is in office either. Even when Donald Trump is reelected, I will not change my mind about democrats. I would not piss on one if they were on fire. I'd bring marshmallows and have a roast over their smoking corpse.

Having the view that your prefer your friends & others you interact with share some of the same points of view is normal for all of us. limiting our self's to people who share All our view points is extremely limiting. it closes out half the population, curtails learning anything new, & makes for missing a lot of the fun & adventure of life

If a politician can be bought and paid for by the NRA, then they aren't going to be representing their constituents, which is what they are supposed to be elected to do.
Which is the fundamental flaw of this entire project. The idea that a couple hundred of the worst people in the country, politicians, could adequately represent the wishes of 360 million people is ludicrous.

I don't think having the FEDERAL government involved is the right thing. I think getting the hell out of the way of the STATE and COUNTY and CITY dealing with schools is the better way to do things. Oh and as far as the question goes I will vote as I always have. The most nationalistic,populist,pro life,pro gun,pro education,pro local control of as much as possible candidates. I refused to vote for Romney or Obama,McCain or Obama....Trump was first time in 3 elections I voted for one of the main candidates.

I will not vote for a democrat, ever. I will not vote for any democrat policy. But I go further than that. I would befriend or associate with any democrats. Political affiliation is my litmus test in all things. It doesn't matter who is in office either. Even when Donald Trump is reelected, I will not change my mind about democrats. I would not piss on one if they were on fire. I'd bring marshmallows and have a roast over their smoking corpse.

Having the view that your prefer your friends & others you interact with share some of the same points of view is normal for all of us. limiting our self's to people who share All our view points is extremely limiting. it closes out half the population, curtails learning anything new, & makes for missing a lot of the fun & adventure of life
democrats are not fun or adventurous. They are corrupt, putrid and evil.

if you vote for the republican or democrat party you are part of the problem.BOTH parties are corrupt and evil,many realise that and sadly say they will vote for one candidate because they are the LESSER evil.that just contiunues the problem because you are still voting for evil.

democrats are not fun or adventurous. They are corrupt, putrid and evil.
If you don't have Any thing to do with Democrats or independents how can you know that there not fun or adventurous ?

Nobody is "bought and paid for" by the NRA.

The NRA are pikers (spending less than $20 million /year) compared to the drug companies (over $200 million per year)- are you gung-ho about not voting for anyone who receives money from Pharmaceutical Companies?

How about Banks and Investment firms?

What about the US Chamber of Commerce? Do you hate them too?

Forum List

Back