How will Obama get Fast and Furious off the headlines? Headline?

How will Obama get Fast and Furious off the headlines?

• Fake an assassination attempt and blame the Tea Party (90% white, 6% scientists)

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Admit he really was born in Kenya

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrorist attack because Bin Laden came back -- as a Vampire!

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • other

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
Dear partisan hack.

if this tacitic was so bad why would you ONLY investigate ONE admin?

Tactic. Not tacitic. You fucking cretin hack.

And the TACTIC used by the Obama Administration is not the same as the prior dabbling in gunwalking.

WHY the COVER-UP, you dishonest hack?

If it's all so good, why would the President suddenly and so dishonestly invoke EP?

Fast And Furious: Executive Privilege Is Illegitimate to Shield Wrongdoing

1. Second, even the “deliberative process” species of executive privilege, which is reasonably broad, does not shield the ultimate decisions from congressional inquiry. Congress is entitled to at least some documents and other information that indicate who the ultimate decision maker was for this disastrous program and why these decisions were made. That information is among the most important documents that are being withheld.

2. Third, the Supreme Court in the Nixon case also held that even a proper invocation must yield to other branches’ need for information in some cases. So even a proper invocation of executive privilege regarding particular documents is not final.

3. And lastly, the President is required when invoking executive privilege to try to accommodate the other branches’ legitimate information needs in some other way. For example, it does not harm executive power for the President to selectively waive executive privilege in most instances, even if it hurts him politically by exposing a terrible policy failure or wrongdoing among his staff. The history of executive–congressional relations is filled with accommodations and waivers of privilege. In contrast to voluntary waivers of privilege, Watergate demonstrates that wrongful invocations of privilege can seriously damage the office of the presidency when Congress and the courts impose new constraints on the President’s discretion or power (some rightful and some not).

4.But there is at least one helpful development in Holder’s request that the President invoke executive privilege to shield these documents: The President now owns the consequences of further stonewalling. There is no ongoing DOJ prosecution or investigation to protect. There is no obvious reason why the President can’t waive even what legitimately privileged documents there are (which is probably far fewer than the 1,300 pages being withheld).

5. The American people will now clearly understand that it is President Obama who doesn’t want them to know who is to blame for the Fast and Furious scandal—and whether his Administration has done anything to prevent it from happening again.

Fast And Furious: Executive Privilege Is Illegitimate to Shield Wrongdoing

How Will Obama get Fast and Furious off the headlines? He needs a distraction.

It will be Republicans who get it off the headlines as fast they can when it backfires. I suspect Democrats won't let it go so easily.

Republicans won't acknowledge Bush Administration involvement.

Republicans won't acknowledge they try to keep things from this president. Simply the fact they denied the Obama administration subpoena power to investigate BP is something the news hasn't reported on but at some point, you can bet that will hit the airways. I suspect it's been "saved up".

They already have a history of lying to America over Iraq. The cost, the reasons.
DON'T EVER BAN THIS GUY... he's just way too much fun for comic relief... :lol:

How Will Obama get Fast and Furious off the headlines? He needs a distraction.

It will be Republicans who get it off the headlines as fast they can when it backfires. I suspect Democrats won't let it go so easily.

Republicans won't acknowledge they try to keep things from this president. Simply the fact they denied the Obama administration subpoena power to investigate BP is something the news hasn't reported on but at some point, you can bet that will hit the airways. I suspect it's been "saved up".

They already have a history of lying to America over Iraq. The cost, the reasons.

Anyone can buy a comuter and internet hook-up. God bless America.

Anyone can buy a comuter and internet hook-up. God bless America.

The purchase of people is illegal.

ATF chiefs say they never told Bush or Holder about what ATF was doing. Investigate THAT, dupes. And where the ATF blew it. Typical out of control Boooosh agency, like GSA. This willend next week, with Pubs in House voting for contempt, then EVERYONE else figuring out it was total Pubcrappe, and Obama will be reelected in a landslide. Many thanks, dupes.

Should Pubs be rewarded for putting us in this mess (WORLD DEPRESSION and dumbazz wars, huge growth of AlQaeda), and now paralyzing the gov't since 2/2010 (and they even lie about THAT)?

"No compromise, un-American Tea Party GOP" (TIME).

Why in the world do you vote for these disastrous, lying incompetents?

ATF chiefs say they never told Bush or Holder about what ATF was doing. Investigate THAT, dupes. And where the ATF blew it. Typical out of control Boooosh agency, like GSA. This willend next week, with Pubs in House voting for contempt, then EVERYONE else figuring out it was total Pubcrappe, and Obama will be reelected in a landslide. Many thanks, dupes.

Should Pubs be rewarded for putting us in this mess (WORLD DEPRESSION and dumbazz wars, huge growth of AlQaeda), and now paralyzing the gov't since 2/2010 (and they even lie about THAT)?

"No compromise, un-American Tea Party GOP" (TIME).

Why in the world do you vote for these disastrous, lying incompetents?

It's all moot francis obama admitted he knew about fast and the furious when it was said he didn't while under oath.

Truthiepoo is absolutely terrified by this investigation. I wonder why? :dunno:

Why would anyone be "terrified" of this investigation.

The optics are great.

:D

brian-terry.jpg

Can you sink any lower? Guess not.

I love the reason the right wing gives for this entire fiasco. "They want to end gun rights". Just when you think you've heard it all, they come up with more "stupid" than you could possibly imagine.

I love the reason the right wing gives for this entire fiasco. "They want to end gun rights". Just when you think you've heard it all, they come up with more "stupid" than you could possibly imagine.

Since when is criminal activity a fiasco it's criminal to allow weapons into another country into the hands of terrorist without the countries government knowing about it.

Yeah they would NEVER do a thing like that.......ooops

Documents: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations - CBS News Investigates - CBS News

Documents obtained by CBS News show that the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) discussed using their covert operation "Fast and Furious" to argue for controversial new rules about gun sales. hmmmmmmm

Last edited:
It's odd how - when Bush was POTUS - he was responsible for every ill across the planet. Now that Obama is king, he's not responsible for anything... including his own decisions. The left are very odd - possibly mentally unstable.

amoral.

Some one stains their shorts and it's Bush's fault.
The biggest complaint is Bush by himself took us to war in Iraq..
But the Dems voted for it.
I remember then Sen.Hilary Clinton and Sen.John"I served in Vietnam"Kerry
going on and on to reporters after the vote saying Saddam Hussein needed
to be taken out. :eusa_hand:

Obama loves being President as long as everyone kisses his ass. :(

Forum List

Back