How will eliminating the Estate Tax benefit the Middle class?

Trump’s Tax Plan Cuts Rates for Individuals and Corporations and Eliminates Many Deductions

“My plan is for working people and my plan is for jobs,” Mr. Trump said. “I don’t benefit. Very, very strongly I think there’s very little benefit for people of wealth.”

The Estate tax in 2017 only applies to estates of $5,490,000 or more. If Donald Trump died tomorrow Melania, as his spouse, would still not have to pay any estate taxes on Donald's supposed $10 billion dollars- because of the spousal exemption. If both of them died tomorrow- then yes- his kids would face estate taxes.

How does eliminating the estate tax benefit 'working people'? How does it generate jobs?

Provisions such as the alternative minimum tax and the estate tax, a tax on inherited wealth which Mr. Trump has derided over the years, would be gone under the Republican proposal.

How does it do anything but benefit the families of the wealthiest Americans?

Save me the arguments that the Estate tax is 'unfair'- Trump and the Republicans are claiming these tax cuts are all about generating jobs and benefiting the middle class- if you want to claim that the reason to eliminate the estate tax is because the tax is 'unfair'- then go ahead and admit that Trump and the Republicans are lying to Americans about what the tax cuts are for- and who they are supposed to benefit.

The estate tax is pure robbery. The government is taxing things that have already been taxed. It needs to go period.
lol. Money has been earned at least once; why complain about giving it to the poor.

You think estate taxes go to the poor? Good thinking McFly.

Trump lied like a rug when he said he wouldn't benefit. It just proves that he believes his supporters are stupid.

Trump’s Tax Plan Cuts Rates for Individuals and Corporations and Eliminates Many Deductions

“My plan is for working people and my plan is for jobs,” Mr. Trump said. “I don’t benefit. Very, very strongly I think there’s very little benefit for people of wealth.”

The Estate tax in 2017 only applies to estates of $5,490,000 or more. If Donald Trump died tomorrow Melania, as his spouse, would still not have to pay any estate taxes on Donald's supposed $10 billion dollars- because of the spousal exemption. If both of them died tomorrow- then yes- his kids would face estate taxes.

How does eliminating the estate tax benefit 'working people'? How does it generate jobs?

Provisions such as the alternative minimum tax and the estate tax, a tax on inherited wealth which Mr. Trump has derided over the years, would be gone under the Republican proposal.

Save me the arguments that the Estate tax is 'unfair'- Trump and the Republicans are claiming these tax cuts are all about generating jobs and benefiting the middle class- if you want to claim that the reason to eliminate the estate tax is because the tax is 'unfair'- then go ahead and admit that Trump and the Republicans are lying to Americans about what the tax cuts are for- and who they are supposed to benefit.

The estate tax is pure robbery. The government is taxing things that have already been taxed. It needs to go period.
lol. Money has been earned at least once; why complain about giving it to the poor.

This is the context, dear: The government is taxing things that have already been taxed.

Money has been earned at least once; why complain about giving it to the poor via social programs?

This is the context, dear: The government is taxing things that have already been taxed.

Money has been earned at least once; why complain about giving it to the poor via social programs?

Because I earned it, they did not, but that's beside the point. The point is that it's an unfair tax and should be eliminated altogether.

Because I earned it, they did not, but that's beside the point. The point is that it's an unfair tax and should be eliminated altogether.
so what; you are not the first one to earn that money; it was already earned, at least once.

Why is it unfair? Why shouldn't the wealthy be taxed the most, since they have the most? Capitalism is about using money to pay the finest taxes money can buy for our Republic.

so what; you are not the first one to earn that money; it was already earned, at least once.

Why is it unfair? Why shouldn't the wealthy be taxed the most, since they have the most? Capitalism is about using money to pay the finest taxes money can buy for our Republic.

How many times that particular dollar was earned is irrelevant.

I told you three times why it's unfair. You just aren't smart enough to understand.

You will notice how they are conspicuously quiet about the other elements - increased personal deduction, restructured tax tables, simplified processing, lower corporate taxes, etc. The arguments for those benefiting the middle class are simply too strong to be attacked.

The increased in the personal deduction is offset for by the elimination of the personal exemption and an increase in the tax rate of the lowest tax bracket. So, no, idiot, you won't by paying less taxes under Trump's plan, unless you're in the 1%

In case you missed the name calling: You're an idiot.
Oh, I recognized the name calling --- I recognized it for what it is ... a childish tantrum completely devoid of knowledge.

I quote the Axios website - a notoriously leftist site ...

"Here's how that math works. Let's say you are single with no dependents, and you have a moderate income. Currently, you get to take the standard deduction ($6,350) and one personal exemption ($4,050). If you are 65 or older, you also get to take an additional standard deduction ($1,250). That adds up to $10,400, or $11,650 if you're over 65.

The Republican plan would replace all these provisions with a single deduction of $12,000 ($24,000 for married couples.) That's a 15% increase — except for seniors, who get a 3% increase."

Last time I checked, a 15% increase is a positive.

Now, do I expect an apology from someone so infantile as to call people names?

Nahh ... but I do expect you to go off and try to find something else to bitch about. PLEASE try to have it rooted in some kind of logic, if you can. I'm not holding my breath.

"Now, do I expect an apology from someone so infantile as to call people names?"

You should apologize for spreading ignorance. And, you continue to spread ignorance even after I've corrected you. I pointed out that the tax plan raises the rate of the lowest tax bracket, and apparently it went over your head. Into that 15% or 3% you're happy about, factor in a 20% rate increase in the lowest tax bracket. Idiot, the only people the Republicans plan on giving a real tax break to are the rich. Are you going to invite me to call you an idiot again?
I have neither the time, nor the.

Or the cojones or the ability.

. . .
Now if your parents are worth $20 million- their estate will have to pay estate taxes on approximately $9 million- and you will get the $11 million + plus the balance of the $9 million after taxes.

How will eliminating that tax create jobs or help the middle class- both which the Republicans and Trump have said this tax change is intended to do?

Have you ever had any sort of a cash windfall in your life?

Have you ever won a bunch of money or fond some?

A lot of people have. Myself, included.

Guess what "those" people tend to do with their windfalls?

They BUY shit. They take trips. They INVEST in other opportunities. They donate to charities.

ALL of which is a benefit to the middle class.

Well that is very nice speculation on a supposed 'trickle down' effect. And I applaud you- you are the second poster in this entire thread to actually address the question.

Yeah the heirs might buy shit- they might buy shit here- or buy shit in Mexico or a vineyard in France. They might take a trip to the Grand Canyon- or the Grand Caymans. They might buy Apple stock- or they might invest in a factory in China. They might donate to charities- here or abroad.

Some of that might go to middle class Americans. Or it might not. Certainly not a sure thing- certainly not a sure win for the middle class.

But I am looking forward to hearing the Republicans make that same argument to explain why any tax cut to the rich benefits the middle class.

They have only been "unsubstantiated" in your feeble little mind.

To Syriusly, unsubstantiated means he doesn't agree.

To Syriusly, unsubstantiated means without support or evidence.

Something that gullible Trumpsters and racists like Contard just don't understand the concept of.

I fully understand it and provide proof my claims. .

Not once in this thread have you provided proof of anything.

Other than that you are a racist.

Oh, the "you're a racist" automatic go to from you. Surprise, Surprise.

Just pointing out that the only 'evidence' of anything you have provided in this thread is the evidence that you are a racist.

And not a single Conservative posting here has any problem agreeing with you.

It doesnt create jobs lol
I wonder how kids with not a lot of money pay for their families estate?

The estate pays the tax.

So lets say your mommy and daddy are worth $10 million dollars- and both die in a tragic automobile accident.

You inherit all $10 million dollars free and clear- because the joint exemption for your parents wealth is $10.98 million

Now if your parents are worth $20 million- their estate will have to pay estate taxes on approximately $9 million- and you will get the $11 million + plus the balance of the $9 million after taxes.

How will eliminating that tax create jobs or help the middle class- both which the Republicans and Trump have said this tax change is intended to do?
Doesn't matter.

Why does the government get to take 9 million dollars of a person's inheritance? Is it because they deem that no person "needs" to inherit that much?

Why does the government get to take any person;s money? Taxes are taxes.

I don't know why you think an income tax on struggling middle class voters is somehow more fair than an inheritance tax on multi-millionaires.

In both cases the government takes money from people.

. . .

They BUY shit. They take trips. They INVEST in other opportunities. They donate to charities.

People like Syriusly think a portion of that should go to those that won't get off the couch to fix a meal for themselves.

People like Conservative think that Americans of the wrong skin color shouldn't be treated like Americans.

'an unfair tax'

Taxes on struggling middle class wager earners are 'fair' but taxes on the estate of multi-millionaires are 'unfair'

No- Ivanka and her siblings haven't earned Donald's billions- but under Trump's plans- they certainly will benefit- the Trump family will save about $4 billion dollars in estate taxes under Trump's plans.

Just pointing out again- just for fun- that not a single Trump voter, or Conservative complaining about how unfair the estate tax is- has objected to Conservative's racial slurs.

Like I said- not all Trumpsters are racists like Conboy- but they never seem to have any objection to what the racist crap their fellow Trumpsters say.

Why do you believe the government deserves anything from an estate?
Taxes have already been paid on that wealth?

. . .

Well that is very nice speculation on a supposed 'trickle down' effect. And I applaud you- you are the second poster in this entire thread to actually address the question.

Yeah the heirs might buy shit- they might buy shit here- or buy shit in Mexico or a vineyard in France. They might take a trip to the Grand Canyon- or the Grand Caymans. They might buy Apple stock- or they might invest in a factory in China. They might donate to charities- here or abroad.

Some of that might go to middle class Americans. Or it might not. Certainly not a sure thing- certainly not a sure win for the middle class.

But I am looking forward to hearing the Republicans make that same argument to explain why any tax cut to the rich benefits the middle class.

Who makes the shit that rich people buy?

How are those people not befitting from the jobs created by the increase in demmand?

Last edited:

'an unfair tax'

Taxes on struggling middle class wager earners are 'fair' but taxes on the estate of multi-millionaires are 'unfair'

No- Ivanka and her siblings haven't earned Donald's billions- but under Trump's plans- they certainly will benefit- the Trump family will save about $4 billion dollars in estate taxes under Trump's plans.

Never said that. Do you know how to read?

The estate pays the tax.

So lets say your mommy and daddy are worth $10 million dollars- and both die in a tragic automobile accident.

You inherit all $10 million dollars free and clear- because the joint exemption for your parents wealth is $10.98 million

Doesn't matter.

Why does the government get to take 9 million dollars of a person's inheritance? Is it because they deem that no person "needs" to inherit that much?

Why does the government get to take any person;s money? Taxes are taxes.

I don't know why you think an income tax on struggling middle class voters is somehow more fair than an inheritance tax on multi-millionaires.

In both cases the government takes money from people.
The estate tax is taxing money that has already been taxed once.

If there is going to be an income tax then everyone with an income should pay the tax.
The only fair income tax is a flat tax

The estate pays the tax.

What do they do if its just assets and not currency?

Liquidate the assets.

Forum List

Back