How will eliminating the Estate Tax benefit the Middle class?

Bullshit. Every dime anyone earns is taxed. The property they own is taxed. They all pay State, Local and Govt. taxes as long as they are alive to pay them.

No way should anyone have to pay a tax for what they have to pass on to their heirs.

So, sh1thead Claudette, do you want the capital gains taxes eliminated, because as I explained to you already sh1thead, the estate tax is a substitute for the capital gains tax. And, if capital gains taxes are eliminated, there's a whole lot of billionaires who'll be paying about 0% taxes on all the $billions$ they get. Multimillionaire executives who take their pay in the form of stock will also pay 0%, while working people are paying a quarter of their income to the IRS. You truly have sh1t for brains.

(You don't understand reason, so I hope you understand the word sh1t.)

Bullshit. Every dime anyone earns is taxed. The property they own is taxed. They all pay State, Local and Govt. taxes as long as they are alive to pay them.

No way should anyone have to pay a tax for what they have to pass on to their heirs.

So, sh1thead Claudette, do you want the capital gains taxes eliminated, because as I explained to you already sh1thead, the estate tax is a substitute for the capital gains tax. And, if capital gains taxes are eliminated, there's a whole lot of billionaires who'll be paying about 0% taxes on all the $billions$ they get. Multimillionaire executives who take their pay in the form of stock will also pay 0%, while working people are paying a quarter of their income to the IRS. You truly have sh1t for brains.

Replacement for capital gains tax?

Got to admit - that's the first time I've heard THAT one.

So ... tell me. If the estate is taxed, when the heirs sell the stock, etc in the estate, is it taxed again? Assume the estate contains 5 shares of IBM stock ... the estate pays the death tax. When the daughter cashes in the IBM stock, is she required to pay capital gains tax on that exchange?

Of course she is.

Your argument simply doesn't hold water.

The estate tax is nothing more than a naked cash grab by the federal government. Now, you could try to say that the daughter is getting an income exchange, and therefore, the estate tax replaces the income tax that she would have paid.

But replace capital gains tax? That's simply nonsense.

Who says it a substitute for capital gains???? You?? Just shows what a non expert you are.

The estate tax should be eliminated. Period.

"Fair" has nothing to do with it.

Are you OK with lying about anything related to Trump t.

Are you okay with lying about me to defend Trump?

Still not one Conservative who has bothered to even attempt to address the OP.
It has been addressed repeatedly, proven repeatedly, and reiterated repeatedly.

You simply don't like it when somebody points out that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

You making unsubstantiated claims in support of your Dear Leader isn't exactly pointing out what i don't know.
"Fair" has nothing to do with it.

Are you OK with lying about anything related to Trump t.

You simply don't like it when somebody points out that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

You making unsubstantiated claims in support of your Dear Leader isn't exactly pointing out what i don't know.
They have only been "unsubstantiated" in your feeble little mind.

To Syriusly, unsubstantiated means he doesn't agree.

To Syriusly, unsubstantiated means without support or evidence.

Something that gullible Trumpsters and racists like Contard just don't understand the concept of.

"You need to deal in reality - not in fictional scenarios created to justify a spurious position"

Funny you say that- while at the same time you provide absolutely nothing to back up your justify your spurious position.

As for my 'final' assumption- I didn't mention the value of labor. That is your strawman.

Producers are willing to pay workers exactly as much as the consumer is willing to pay for the product - after costs, after resources, and after a fair profit for those who took the risk of investing.

No- producers are willing to pay workers as low as they can get away with- just as consumers will pay as low as they can get away with. "Fair profit"- really? What is a 'fair' profit? A producer will get as much profit- or lose as much money- as the market circumstances dictate. In a bad year, a producer may be losing money while in a good year, a producer may be raking in the dough- there is nothing 'fair' about Capitalism- the market doesn't care about 'fair'.

The wealthy have increased their wealth, that is true - but HOW have they increased their wealth? They have invested their money, and recouped a return. They bought stock, they bought insurance, they bought property ... and they have been rewarded. "Their money works for them". They have put their money to work in markets that get them the highest return. That would seem to be the eminently logical approach, don't you think?

Certainly the wealthy have 'invested' their money. Some have bought real estate and profited by the boom in rising housing prices. Some have bought stocks in existing companies- hence the stock market boom. They have put their money to work- certainly- but that doesn't automatically- as we have seen in the last 20 years- translate into a benefit for the middle class.

Investments outside the United States not only do not benefit the American middle class, they provide capital for companies to compete against the American middle class. Yes- those producers are putting their money to work- and that doesn't mean it will benefit the American middle class.

Nor am I saying that investment must benefit the middle class. That has never been my position.

My position is that Trump and the Republicans are lying to the American people by claiming that this package of tax cuts is specifically to benefit the middle class and to create jobs.

The Estate tax does not specifically do either. Yes- there may be some trickle down benefit- but you can't quantify it- nor have you even attempted to provide any facts to support your spurious position that eliminating the Estate Tax is for the benefit of the middle class.

Eliminating the Estate tax is primarily to benefit the wealthiest Americans- and one of the biggest beneficiaries to the elimination of the Estate tax would be the family of Donald Trump.

If you want to show how the middle class will benefit from the elimination of the estate tax- well provide real numbers- Middle class means singles making between $24,000 and $72,000 annually are middle class.

70% of Americans consider themselves middle class—but only 50% are

How much will a single person making $72,000 benefit from the elimination of the Estate Tax?
I will defend to the death your right to be deluded and wrong.

Well thank you for supporting my right to free speech.

I will defend your right to post your delusional nonsense here at USMB while at the same time pointing out that you have been completely unable to provide any evidence that eliminating the estate tax will benefit ANY American in the middle class.

But it sure will benefit Trump's heirs.

If you want to understand how it works - I suggest you start here: Economics and finance | Khan Academy.

LOL- is that your concession that you can't find any study that supports your claim that eliminating the Estate tax will benefit the working class?
"You need to deal in reality - not in fictional scenarios created to justify a spurious position"

Funny you say that- while at the same time you provide absolutely nothing to back up your justify your spurious position.

As for my 'final' assumption- I didn't mention the value of labor. That is your strawman.

Producers are willing to pay workers exactly as much as the consumer is willing to pay for the product - after costs, after resources, and after a fair profit for those who took the risk of investing.

No- producers are willing to pay workers as low as they can get away with- just as consumers will pay as low as they can get away with. "Fair profit"- really? What is a 'fair' profit? A producer will get as much profit- or lose as much money- as the market circumstances dictate. In a bad year, a producer may be losing money while in a good year, a producer may be raking in the dough- there is nothing 'fair' about Capitalism- the market doesn't care about 'fair'.

The wealthy have increased their wealth, that is true - but HOW have they increased their wealth? They have invested their money, and recouped a return. They bought stock, they bought insurance, they bought property ... and they have been rewarded. "Their money works for them". They have put their money to work in markets that get them the highest return. That would seem to be the eminently logical approach, don't you think?

Certainly the wealthy have 'invested' their money. Some have bought real estate and profited by the boom in rising housing prices. Some have bought stocks in existing companies- hence the stock market boom. They have put their money to work- certainly- but that doesn't automatically- as we have seen in the last 20 years- translate into a benefit for the middle class.

Investments outside the United States not only do not benefit the American middle class, they provide capital for companies to compete against the American middle class. Yes- those producers are putting their money to work- and that doesn't mean it will benefit the American middle class.

Nor am I saying that investment must benefit the middle class. That has never been my position.

My position is that Trump and the Republicans are lying to the American people by claiming that this package of tax cuts is specifically to benefit the middle class and to create jobs.

The Estate tax does not specifically do either. Yes- there may be some trickle down benefit- but you can't quantify it- nor have you even attempted to provide any facts to support your spurious position that eliminating the Estate Tax is for the benefit of the middle class.

Eliminating the Estate tax is primarily to benefit the wealthiest Americans- and one of the biggest beneficiaries to the elimination of the Estate tax would be the family of Donald Trump.

If you want to show how the middle class will benefit from the elimination of the estate tax- well provide real numbers- Middle class means singles making between $24,000 and $72,000 annually are middle class.

70% of Americans consider themselves middle class—but only 50% are

How much will a single person making $72,000 benefit from the elimination of the Estate Tax?

I will defend your right to post your delusional nonsense here at USMB while at the same time pointing out that you have been completely unable to provide any evidence that eliminating the estate tax will benefit ANY American in the middle class.

If you want to understand how it works - I suggest you start here: Economics and finance | Khan Academy.

LOL- is that your concession that you can't find any study that supports your claim that eliminating the Estate tax will benefit the working class?

Nope -- but it is my recognition that you are 1) too prejudiced, and 2) too uninformed to have an intelligent discussion about the subject.

Come back when you grow up.

And by 'too prejudiced and 'too uninformed' it is obvious what you really mean is that I have presented a challenge and you brought nothing but your unsubstantiated, and prejudiced opinions to the challenge.

Anyone have something other than the Trump argument "Trust me" to prove how eliminating the estate tax will benefit the middle class?

Trump’s Tax Plan Cuts Rates for Individuals and Corporations and Eliminates Many Deductions

“My plan is for working people and my plan is for jobs,” Mr. Trump said. “I don’t benefit. Very, very strongly I think there’s very little benefit for people of wealth.”

The Estate tax in 2017 only applies to estates of $5,490,000 or more. If Donald Trump died tomorrow Melania, as his spouse, would still not have to pay any estate taxes on Donald's supposed $10 billion dollars- because of the spousal exemption. If both of them died tomorrow- then yes- his kids would face estate taxes.

How does eliminating the estate tax benefit 'working people'? How does it generate jobs?

Provisions such as the alternative minimum tax and the estate tax, a tax on inherited wealth which Mr. Trump has derided over the years, would be gone under the Republican proposal.

How does it do anything but benefit the families of the wealthiest Americans?

Save me the arguments that the Estate tax is 'unfair'- Trump and the Republicans are claiming these tax cuts are all about generating jobs and benefiting the middle class- if you want to claim that the reason to eliminate the estate tax is because the tax is 'unfair'- then go ahead and admit that Trump and the Republicans are lying to Americans about what the tax cuts are for- and who they are supposed to benefit.

The estate tax is pure robbery. The government is taxing things that have already been taxed. It needs to go period.

Trump’s Tax Plan Cuts Rates for Individuals and Corporations and Eliminates Many Deductions

“My plan is for working people and my plan is for jobs,” Mr. Trump said. “I don’t benefit. Very, very strongly I think there’s very little benefit for people of wealth.”

The Estate tax in 2017 only applies to estates of $5,490,000 or more. If Donald Trump died tomorrow Melania, as his spouse, would still not have to pay any estate taxes on Donald's supposed $10 billion dollars- because of the spousal exemption. If both of them died tomorrow- then yes- his kids would face estate taxes.

How does eliminating the estate tax benefit 'working people'? How does it generate jobs?

Provisions such as the alternative minimum tax and the estate tax, a tax on inherited wealth which Mr. Trump has derided over the years, would be gone under the Republican proposal.

Save me the arguments that the Estate tax is 'unfair'- Trump and the Republicans are claiming these tax cuts are all about generating jobs and benefiting the middle class- if you want to claim that the reason to eliminate the estate tax is because the tax is 'unfair'- then go ahead and admit that Trump and the Republicans are lying to Americans about what the tax cuts are for- and who they are supposed to benefit.

The estate tax is pure robbery. The government is taxing things that have already been taxed. It needs to go period.

The estate tax is no more 'unfair' than any other tax.

But you have echoed the argument of almost every one who opposes the estate tax- its just not fair......

Which doesn't address the question posed by the thread at all.

Trump- whose family stands to save billions of dollars by the elimination of the estate plan claimed:

Was Trump lying?

Does the sun rise in the east?

Something that gullible Trumpsters and racists like Contard just don't understand the concept of.

No, it means you don't agree.

I fully understand it and provide proof my claims. You lefties make claims then get pissed when people don't accept it because you SAID it.

The estate tax is no more 'unfair' than any other tax.

But you have echoed the argument of almost every one who opposes the estate tax- its just not fair......

Which doesn't address the question posed by the thread at all.

Trump- whose family stands to save billions of dollars by the elimination of the estate plan claimed:

Was Trump lying?

Does the sun rise in the east?

Yes, it's unfair because the government taxes what has already been taxed. It needs to go.

Trump's tax plan lowers taxes for the middle class. The plan also helps small business and corporations hire more low income to middle class employees. And, there are some changes that help others as well such as the estate tax. OP is much of a partisan hack to recognize the entire plan. Usual Liberal BS.

Nope -- but it is my recognition that you are 1) too prejudiced, and 2) too uninformed to have an intelligent discussion about the subject.

Come back when you grow up.

And by 'too prejudiced and 'too uninformed' it is obvious what you really mean is that I have presented a challenge and you brought nothing but your unsubstantiated, and prejudiced opinions to the challenge.

Anyone have something other than the Trump argument "Trust me" to prove how eliminating the estate tax will benefit the middle class?
You know, I think I was pretty clear the first time - and the second time - and the third time.

But, if you need to misinterpret what I said to try to prop up an obviously flagging ego, go right ahead. I'm comfortable with your shortcomings.

Trump's tax plan lowers taxes for the middle class. The plan also helps small business and corporations hire more low income to middle class employees. And, there are some changes that help others as well such as the estate tax. OP is much of a partisan hack to recognize the entire plan. Usual Liberal BS.

They have focused on the estate tax portion, because it is the simplest to misrepresent. Those who have only a shallow understanding of economics will leap to the misguided opinion offered by the liberal elite. They are simply playing on the ignorance of their followers.

You will notice how they are conspicuously quiet about the other elements - increased personal deduction, restructured tax tables, simplified processing, lower corporate taxes, etc. The arguments for those benefiting the middle class are simply too strong to be attacked.

Last edited:

Wow, even Syriusly doesn't understand what Syriusly is talking about !!!!

I fully understand it and provide proof my claims. .

Not once in this thread have you provided proof of anything.

Other than that you are a racist.

But ... but ... but ...

I thought blacks can't be racist.

They have focused on the estate tax portion, because it is the simplest to misrepresent.

I have focused on what Trump and the Republican's actually said- that these tax cuts are for the benefit of the middle class and to 'create jobs'

Something I have challenged anyone to show eliminating the estate tax will do either.

You have presented your opinion as to why you think that eliminating the estate tax will eventually help the middle class- but you have only presented your opinion.

But- hey- you are virtually the only one in this thread who has even bothered to try to address my actual question in the OP- so I give you a clap on the back for at least trying.

Everyone else has just whine about how unfair the Estate tax is for the millionaires who have to pay it.

But ... but ... but ...

I thought blacks can't be racist.

Why do you think that?

Seriously do you believe that Conboy- who loves to refer to anyone who he disagrees with as
n*ggerlover- and refers to Barack Obama as 'that black boy'- is black?

Not that I have seen you object to Conboy saying either.....

lol. Money has been earned at least once; why complain about giving it to the poor.

lol. Money has been earned at least once; why complain about giving it to the poor.
Ok ---- we just wandered of to Never-Never Land. Daniel has arrived - and there's no telling where it goes next.

I'm getting off this wagon before it crashes.

You will notice how they are conspicuously quiet about the other elements - increased personal deduction, restructured tax tables, simplified processing, lower corporate taxes, etc. The arguments for those benefiting the middle class are simply too strong to be attacked.

The increased in the personal deduction is offset for by the elimination of the personal exemption and an increase in the tax rate of the lowest tax bracket. So, no, idiot, you won't by paying less taxes under Trump's plan, unless you're in the 1%

In case you missed the name calling: You're an idiot.

Forum List

Back