CDZ How United are the States?

Aug 3, 2015
Do you feel this unity? Which partnership with other states do you see? Does each state have a strong collective identity, or is it rarely expressed? Is the sense of membership of the USA always stronger than towards individual states? Are we actually united so firmly? Would you call it a sweet illusion made up by ruling elite?

Do you feel this unity? Can anyone explain how Americans generally view the partnership with other states? Does each state have a strong collective identity, or is it rarely expressed? Is the sense of membership of the USA always stronger than towards individual states? is there any obvious disquiet about the disproportionate contribution to the economic situation that somes states seem to have contributed? Are we actually united so firmly?

what is your native country?

Do you feel this unity? Can anyone explain how Americans generally view the partnership with other states? Does each state have a strong collective identity, or is it rarely expressed? Is the sense of membership of the USA always stronger than towards individual states? is there any obvious disquiet about the disproportionate contribution to the economic situation that somes states seem to have contributed? Are we actually united so firmly?

It doesn't matter. Nigeria maybe.

It doesn't matter. Nigeria maybe.

Nigeria would matter. I asked because the question, itself,
does suggest that you did not 'grow up' in the USA. In order to discuss the issue-----knowing something about your background would help------of course you need not answer.
I was born in the USA------as were my parents and---one of my grandparents. I have noticed all kinds of variations on
"national identity" in people not born in the USA even in my own family and in the few Nigerians I have encountered. Amongst Nigerians the issue seems to be "Christian" vs
"muslim"

If you really want to know how united we are look at the issues in the different states and how they are handled.
Look at a political party map. Look at a map that shows the economy of each state compared to the others.

We are only united when it come to an attack from outside the country. The attacks from within are divisive.

Forum List

Back