How UK police apprened suspect armed with knife

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
8211 Here 8217 s How UK Police Apprehend Someone With A Knife Without Shooting To Kill VIDEO

Last week, a man muttering to himself under his breath walked into a convenience store in St. Louis took a donut and a few cans of soda and marched back outside. The man, later identified as 23-year-old Kajiemi Powell continued to talk to himself angrily and pace back and forth. The police were called as a man recorded the incident on his cell phone.

There is 12 seconds between when the cops pull up and when they begin handcuffing Powell’s lifeless body. In the interim, he was shot nearly a dozen times.

Let’s look at a specific case in the United Kingdom, where cops were presented with an equally troubled man with an even larger knife (a machete, in fact) and compare the police response.

See the video at the link but suffice it to say its exactly what I have been saying all along.

Tueller Drill - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

From what I hear its about 20 feet where you should consider pulling your gun and killing the man with the knife.

Regardless, this is a life and death situation. No one with a knife should be charging folks with a gun or wrestling with cops.

Tazers are ok but man. I would shoot you because it WILL stop you.

Think this is a case of being too soft on folks. We can't have people trying to kill others expecting a kinder gentler 90% effective response.

tasers may work and MAY is the operative word . I have no problem at all with good police having the ability to positively STOP an attack with a gun . Guns on police are becoming more common in the UK . Generally in the hands of special coppers or the retired Tony Blairs bodyguard and most likely the Queens and Royal families bodyguards .

It looks like US cops could take a lesson from those in the UK.

I disagree. Not to say the UK cops did a poor job but all the cop's family expects him to come home. What is your acceptable failure rate for that?

Did the UK cops have guns to use btw?

I don't think so Esmerelda , did you see the beheading of the English soldier in London streets about a year ago and there with no English Bobbies in sight . The soldier was just going back to his barracks when he was beheaded by a couple guys because England was fighting in the middle east . I can get the news story if you like

105 U.S. Police Officers were killed in the line of duty in 2013. No UK Police officer deaths in 2013 although they are still talking about 2 Officers who were killed in 2012. In the long history of the UK I bet the chief law enforcement officer was never accused of supplying the weapon to a person who killed a UK police officer or citizen. I wish we could say the same thing abut the chief US law enforcement but it seems that the current US A.G. is accused of supplying the weapons that were used in the murder of two US Border Patrol agents.

I don't think so Esmerelda , did you see the beheading of the English soldier in London streets about a year ago and there with no English Bobbies in sight . The soldier was just going back to his barracks when he was beheaded by a couple guys because England was fighting in the middle east . I can get the news story if you like
I know the story very well. That story has nothing to do with this issue. There are not several cops hanging out on any given street in the UK, not in the US, and not in most any country. In that situation, the cops came after the beheading had been done. They were not there at the time it was done. They were not at fault for that because they, and we, do not have police stationed on every street in our cities.

Meh, society has no use for someone who would pull a knife on someone else. Why apprehend him and give him room and board courtesy of the taxpayers? Take him out and hopefully he hasn't yet had the chance to pollute the gene pool with his faulty DNA before he takes the dirt nap. Good riddance.

Its all sad. That guy wasnt right in the head, but if you come at me with a knife I'm not going to spend the time to decide if you are stupid or special and deserve a second chance.

Maybe our attention should be shifted to why he was ojt on the street or what was wrong with him.

Forum List

Back