How Trump spent the war years

Which "WAR YEARS"

I am 66, I think about 50 of those have been "WAR YEARS".

How did you spend them, Rambo?

I spent them in Junior High and High School

I also didn't demean POWs

I suggest you STFU then.

Why should anyone who is offended by insults to the heroism of POWs STFU?

They shouldn't.

No POW hero has been insulted.

The POW heroes died in captivity, mouths shut.

Why not google how many planes McCain lost while showboating and otherwise disobeying orders

You don't think McCain would have been anybody without the family name, do you?
The degree of swiftboating while you defend Trump amazes me
Nah, y poo
Which "WAR YEARS"

I am 66, I think about 50 of those have been "WAR YEARS".

How did you spend them, Rambo?

I suggest you STFU then.

They shouldn't.

Why not google how many planes McCain lost while showboating and otherwise disobeying orders

OK ...so now we are getting to the bottom of how Conservatives feel about POWs

In order to be a real hero, enduring imprisonment is not enough. You have to actually die for conservatives to be a hero

McCain became a Senator and Presidential candidate not because of his family name (think Bush and Romney) but because of his heroism in Vietnam. The McCain family name got him nowhere in politics
Bullshit to that and a your phony indignation.

I suggest you STFU then.

They shouldn't.

Nah, y poo

I suggest you STFU then.

They shouldn't.

In order to be a real hero, enduring imprisonment is not enough. You have to actually die for conservatives to be a hero

McCain became a Senator and Presidential candidate not because of his family name (think Bush and Romney) but because of his heroism in Vietnam. The McCain family name got him nowhere in politics

In their rapid defense of Trump, while they continue to throw McCain under the bus, Conservatives have shown the disdain they show for our POWs

When it comes to choosing between our POWs and money.....they will choose money every time

My God, man. Turn off your partisan blinders and listen to any speech by Obama, Biden, Pelosi or Reid. Trump compared to them is a complete gentleman

Do you know I don't support either Republican or Democrat?

Yeah...

Great, then you don't need to start pulling the bull about me being partisan then.

So, back to the debate or back to the bull? Your choice.

Why are you always on the side of Democrats then? Serious question

I say what I think is right. Generally I can't see the Republicans being right on much at all. I find a lot of the arguments from the right being either simplistic or just plain wrong.

Then again if you look at, say, the issue of gun control I find both sides equally laughable on many matters.

But again, I will call things as I see them. I will back up my case where possible and if I feel it's worth it (nothing worse than backing yourself up and putting in loads of effort and time for someone to then just insult you and ignore everything you've said).

Also I'm not prone to back slapping. If I agree with something I probably just won't be replying. For example on immigration, I'm in favor of restricting immigration, I don't think it's good for a country to have mass immigration as it causes no end of problems. Some immigration is okay, it should be strictly controlled.
So you probably won't see me talking about immigration that much because I won't be talking to you about immigration, because maybe we agree on a lot of stuff. So you only see the stuff we disagree on. Therefore you're mostly Republican in view, so you then believe I'm mostly democrat in view.

Obviously since you think I'm "mostly Republican in view" you aren't even reading my posts. You can't possibly defend that ridiculous statement, I agree with the Republican position on almost nothing.

Here's the 411 for you. The world, Holmes, is not just Republicans and Democrats. You correctly identified I'm not a Democrat. So in your simple mind that means not only that I disagree with Democrats but that I agree with Republicans because to you there is nothing else.

Obviously since you think I'm "mostly Republican in view" you aren't even reading my posts. You can't possibly defend that ridiculous statement, I agree with the Republican position on almost nothing.

Here's the 411 for you. The world, Holmes, is not just Republicans and Democrats. You correctly identified I'm not a Democrat. So in your simple mind that means not only that I disagree with Democrats but that I agree with Republicans because to you there is nothing else.

I made my reasons for it clear. I'm not pigeonholing you into republican or democrat here. I'm making the point that in general when we disagree it's because you're probably being more right wing than me. If you think I remember the position of every person on this site, I don't. I simply see what's there and make my points.

I know the world isn't just republican and democrat. However you get massive doses of partisan bull on this site that sometimes you just end up in automatic mode.

Joe Biden spent the war years evading the draft. Bill Clinton spent the war years evading the draft. Obama never spent one day serving his country in the military because he was (by self admission) hanging out with his Communist friends.

None of these seem to bother the Moon Bats so who cares what the hypocritical bastards think of Trump?

Joe Biden spent the war years evading the draft. Bill Clinton spent the war years evading the draft. Obama never spent one day serving his country in the military because he was (by self admission) hanging out with his Communist friends.

None of these seem to bother the Moon Bats so who cares what the hypocritical bastards think of Trump?

Hmmmm.......Can you point to where they demeaned POWs as not being worthy of being heroes?

The thread is about Trump dodging the draft and then ridiculing McCain for not being worthy of being a hero. Can you point to where Biden, Clinton or Obama did that?

McCain was shot down because he did not follow the flight plan for the mission that day. He flew at less altitude than he was told to and got within range of anti aircraft guns. He failed to follow orders and got shot down. He broke his arms ejecting from the plane, not at the hands of his captors. He was known to the other prisoners as "songbird" because he spilled every detail that his captors asked for and filmed videos denoucing the USA.

But if you want to talk about military records, lets discuss Hillary and Bil Clinton's military service. OK? Or we could talk about Obama's.

You were not in the plane and do not know what was happening while McCain was flying it. McCain flew 23 missions over enemy territory and risked his life for his country. Your feeble attempts at swiftboating his service is despicable

Trump was a millionaire playboy in New York

Once again, neither Obama, Bill or Hillary demeaned the service of our POWs...that was the leading Republican candidate for President

the record of McCains shoot down is on the record. No, I wasn't in the plane, duh

If it is on record....show where McCain was reprimanded for his bad decision

You guys disgust me. You look at someone who is in combat and under fire and then Monday morning quarterback their decisions under fire

Swiftboating McCain in defense of a draft dodger like Trump is about as low as you can sink

If he had returned to his ship he would have been reprimanded. Its not a big deal either way.

We need to accept people for who and what they are and not create fantasy identities to fit our agendas.

Is McCain a hero or not?

no more or less than any other american who was captured.

as to his career in the senate----------NO

I suggest you STFU then.

They shouldn't.

Nah, y poo
I suggest you STFU then.

They shouldn't.

In their rapid defense of Trump, while they continue to throw McCain under the bus, Conservatives have shown the disdain they show for our POWs

When it comes to choosing between our POWs and money.....they will choose money every time

Bullshit

Hmmmm.......Can you point to where they demeaned POWs as not being worthy of being heroes?

The thread is about Trump dodging the draft and then ridiculing McCain for not being worthy of being a hero. Can you point to where Biden, Clinton or Obama did that?

Trump did not ridicule McCain. However McCain did ridicule Trump supporters. Had he not done that we would not be talking about this at all.

Trump did not ridicule McCain. However McCain did ridicule Trump supporters. Had he not done that we would not be talking about this at all.

I'm not gong to waste my time discussing your inability to read

I made my reasons for it clear. I'm not pigeonholing you into republican or democrat here. I'm making the point that in general when we disagree it's because you're probably being more right wing than me. If you think I remember the position of every person on this site, I don't. I simply see what's there and make my points.

I know the world isn't just republican and democrat. However you get massive doses of partisan bull on this site that sometimes you just end up in automatic mode.

Am I? Is this more "right" than you?

Military - I want to slash the military by 1/3 to 1/2, close all bases in other countries, leave the middle east entirely and make our military defensive focused

Social - I am against the war on drugs and think all drugs should be legal as well as prostitution, gambling, euthanasia and all morality laws should be repealed

I'm only "right" of you on fiscal policy, and that's because you are OK with government committing armed robbery on behalf of it's citizens by taking money from one citizen and giving it to another.

BTW, I keep quoting "right" because I'm a classic liberal and you're an authoritarian leftist. We are using the words right and left the way they are used politically, which is meaningless in terms of what both sides actually support

I'm not gong to waste my time discussing your inability to read

Great, I'm going to waste my time reading your idiotic libtardian talking points.

Military - I want to slash the military by 1/3 to 1/2, close all bases in other countries, leave the middle east entirely and make our military defensive focused

Social - I am against the war on drugs and think all drugs should be legal as well as prostitution, gambling, euthanasia and all morality laws should be repealed

I'm only "right" of you on fiscal policy, and that's because you are OK with government committing armed robbery on behalf of it's citizens by taking money from one citizen and giving it to another.

BTW, I keep quoting "right" because I'm a classic liberal and you're an authoritarian leftist. We are using the words right and left the way they are used politically, which is meaningless in terms of what both sides actually support

Really, what about abortion? Gay marriage and equal rights and privileges for gays?

No, taxes are not "robbery." Once those tax dollars leave your hand, they belong to "us." All of us have to pay taxes, so stop whining about it. Yes, it helps out our country to help out the poor. Because people are inherently greedy, we need to do it with tax dollars.

I probably make less money than you, and I don't bitch about my tax dollars going to help the less fortunate. How do you feel about all the HUGE tax breaks that corporations get? What about the BILLIONS of dollars we send to foreign countries?

This thread is about the hypocrisy of the Moon Bats who claim they give a shit about military service but vote for draft dodgers like Clinton and Biden and assholes like Obama that never served.

As a Vietnam vet I tend to agree with Trump about McCain. Being a POW doesn't automatically give you hero status. There were many heroes in Vietnam but I don't think McCain was one of them. He was a pilot who got shot down and captured, broke under pressure and was eventually sent home. Honorable service but not hero.

McCain is a RINO and I personally think is a jackass that used his status as former POW status for political purposes and that makes comments like Trump made fair game.

I have no intentions of voting for Trump because he has a record of being Liberal but I think it is hypocritical for the Moon Bats to attack Trump for never serving when they vote for shitheads like Obama that never served.

By the way the Obama administration accused veterans of being potential terrorists. Where is your outrage on that?

The uneducated, low information generally stupid Moon Bats mindlessly attack the Republican front runner to take pressure off of the corruption, lies, stolen valor and incompetence of their front runner. It is despicable.

Last edited:

Really, what about abortion? Gay marriage and equal rights and privileges for gays?

Abortion - I'm pro-choice.

Gays - I think government should treat all it's citizens the same. There should be no government marriages for anyone or "privileges" for anyone. Gay or straight, married or not

No, taxes are not "robbery." Once those tax dollars leave your hand, they belong to "us." All of us have to pay taxes, so stop whining about it. Yes, it helps out our country to help out the poor. Because people are inherently greedy, we need to do it with tax dollars.

Non-sequitur, I didn't say taxes are robbery, I said redistributing money is robbery. All taxes are not for redistributing money. Stop whining and address what I actually said

I probably make less money than you, and I don't bitch about my tax dollars going to help the less fortunate. How do you feel about all the HUGE tax breaks that corporations get? What about the BILLIONS of dollars we send to foreign countries?

Oh stop bitching and focus on the discussion points. For the "less fortunate" government is the worst solution, they waste money and incent dependency. You are harming them.

For corporate tax breaks - You have to be more specific. Usually when liberals say that they are bitching that corporations can write off their expenses. Is that what you mean or something else? I actually support the fair tax, which means revenue would be taxed a flat rate and there would be no write-offs for anyone for anything.

Foreign aid - I oppose all foreign aid. I can give my own money to countries I support, like Israel, on my own. Government shouldn't do it for me

Like I've said twice, I based what I said on the fact that most of the people I talk to on a regular basis are more right than me. I don't have a record of what you've said, and I'm not going to look it up. I reply to what's in front of me.

As for you claiming I'm "an authoritarian leftist", this is probably not based on anything.

I'm using the terms right and left loosely. I still think you're to the right of me. However I don't think you know me well enough to understand where I'm at on the spectrum.

Republicans leading candidate for President

How Trump spent the war years

IT WAS THE spring of 1968, and Donald Trump had it good. He was 21 years old and handsome, with a full head of hair. He'd avoided the Vietnam War draft on his way to earning an Ivy League degree. He was fond of fancy dinners, beautiful women, and outrageous clubs.

Most important, he had a job in his father's real estate company and a brain bursting with moneymaking ideas that would make him a billionaire.

"When I graduated from college, I had a net worth of perhaps $200,000," he said in his 1987 autobiography Trump: The Art of the Deal, written with Tony Schwartz. (That's about $1.4 million in 2015 dollars.) "I had my eye on Manhattan."

More than 8,000 miles away, John McCain sat in a tiny, squalid North Vietnamese prison cell. The Navy pilot's body was broken from a plane crash, starvation, botched operations, and months of torture.

The stark contrast in their fortunes was thrown into sharp relief this month when Trump belittled McCain during a campaign speech in Iowa. "He's not a war hero," Trump said of McCain. "He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured."

....and yet you couldn't get on your knee pads fast enough for a draft dodger named Bill Clinton. Oh, while you're at it, perhaps you can elaborate about Barack Obama's distinguished military service. Hypocrite!

Forum List

Back