How to Understand Obama's Unemployment Figures

Growth in number of Social Security beneficiaries

i2u243.jpg

Still waiting on those numbers of baby boomers that actually retired last year and this year.

Not that it matters to rw's but there's no such thing as "Obama's unemployment numbers".

Okay, carry on with the lies about President Obama.

Where did you find the funny Abbott & Costello routine from bigrednec?

And this is different from unemployment under Bush in what way?

Ohh yeah you only got 6 monts of unemployment so you dropped of the unemployed rolls quicker?

Last edited:

Ohh yeah you only got 6 monts of unemployment so you dropped of the unemployed rolls quicker?

Bush isn't President anymore nor does his lies harm America any longer. But through a comedy skit some truth to how obama does things are shown.

Last edited:

Bush isn't President anymore nor does his lies harm America any longer. But through a comedy skit some truth to how obama does things are shown.
So the nearly 5 trillion in debt accrued under Bush does not matter?
The thousands of dead Americans and hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqi do not matter?
The patriot act does not matter?

So the nearly 5 trillion in debt accrued under Bush does not matter?
The thousands of dead Americans and hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqi do not matter?
The patriot act does not matter?
And obama carries on with the bush plan.

Where did you find the funny Abbott & Costello routine from bigrednec?

I got it in a RW viral email.

I'm intrigued that bigrednec considers that a more reliable source than the Labour Dept

it's election year, obama is running for reelection, he is the boss of the Secretary of labor which the department of labor submits those numbers. Why wouldn't the Secretary of labor want to give a rosie report to help his boss win another election? You can believe those numbers all you want to. I'll stick with what I see and that is the job numbers are false.

That may be true, but you can't crunch the numbers the way you want, bigreb, so you argue they are not reliable, with you as the authority for that assertion.

Fail.

That may be true, but you can't crunch the numbers the way you want, bigreb, so you argue they are not reliable, with you as the authority for that assertion.

Fail.
oh fuck jake you can't keep lying for obama without someone who is smarter than you calling you on it.

You are partially right this time: you can't keep (not) lying with out being called out every time.

I said you lie. You do. That's a fact.

You are politically outside of the system and want it to fail.

So you get no respect from me here at all.

Someone finally figured it out!

COSTELLO: I want to talk about the unemployment rate in America.

ABBOTT: Good Subject. Terrible Times. It's 9%.

COSTELLO: That many people are out of work?

ABBOTT: No, that's 16%.
Wrong right there. 41.5% of the adult civilian nonn-institutional population doesn't work. Of course, most of them don't want to work (retirees, students, housewives etc). Now, if you only want to talk about people who want to work and include them in the Labor Force, that rate would be 11.9% (that's including people who couldn't take a job if offered, but who say they do want to work).
The only way to get 16% is to add people who have part time jobs.

COSTELLO: IF you are out of work you are unemployed.

ABBOTT: No, you can't count the "Out of Work" as the unemployed. You have to look for work to be unemployed.
Well, duh. 33.7% of the population doesn't want a job.

ABBOTT: Someone who doesn't look for work, can't be counted with those who look for work. It wouldn't be fair.
It's not a question of "fair." It's a question of what you're trying to measure. The whole point of measuring unemployment is to look at how many people available to work aren't working. If you're not looking for work, you're not available for work...you can't be hired if you don't try to get a job.

Forum List

Back