How to Deal With Your White Guilt

But there is such a thing as collective debt.

There isn't, actually. According to tort law, only a person culpable of inflicting pain and suffering is responsible for the damages.

So all debts are forgotten when an estate is settled? If a business changes all it's personnel, that doesn't make all the businesses debt disappear. The business still exists, so the debt still exists. Our country which still owes the debt still exists. It still owes the debt. It probably won't take the form of a cash dispersal, but as a country, we have an obligation to clean up some of the mess that was made in the past.

You're not talking about a monetary debt. You're talking compensation for pain and suffering. That isn't estate law, that's tort law.

More than 600,000 Americans died correcting the mistake that was slavery ... debt paid, with interest.

Guilt is a personal emotion ... there is no such thing as collective guilt.

But there is such a thing as collective debt. Nobody is blaming today's population for the horrendous damage done by slavery, but we owe it to those who are still suffering the disadvantages it caused.Think of it as settling the affairs of an estate when a will is read. The estate's debts need to be settled.
I really have nothing to collect or owe.
I wasn't in the Estate's will.

Of course you are, whether you own up to it or not.
The Germans can send my reparations check for fucking up Poland to the Blacks.
Even Steven.

What do you do about white grievance? It's the very lifeblood of the Trumpbots incessant rage. Answer that one. Tell them that the country owes them nothing and that their feelings are stupid.
That's a really childish and pathetic take.

Who told you that, and why did you believe it?

Your hatred is your fault. Nobody else's.

But there is such a thing as collective debt. Nobody is blaming today's population for the horrendous damage done by slavery, but we owe it to those who are still suffering the disadvantages it caused.Think of it as settling the affairs of an estate when a will is read. The estate's debts need to be settled.
There is no such thing as collective debt.

No one owes a debt caused by others

Whites paid to end slavery in blood and nothing else is owed

There isn't, actually. According to tort law, only a person culpable of inflicting pain and suffering is responsible for the damages.

So all debts are forgotten when an estate is settled? If a business changes all it's personnel, that doesn't make all the businesses debt disappear. The business still exists, so the debt still exists. Our country which still owes the debt still exists. It still owes the debt. It probably won't take the form of a cash dispersal, but as a country, we have an obligation to clean up some of the mess that was made in the past.
An estate is not a person and employees of such businesses owe nothing

We have no obligation.

Of course there is. Right now, as a country, we owe over 22 trillion dollars. If someone dies, their part of the debt doesn't go away. It is assumed by the rest of the country until paid.

We have no obligation.

We aren't employees of the US. We own it.

Apparently there is no end to the mileage liberals can get out of white guilt!! I personally have no guilt since I was born 100 years after slavery ended, and my parents and grandparents were in another country when slavery existed. America is not a commune, we are not even responsible for our parents debts, let alone slavery 200 years ago as practiced by a few Scot Irish southerners. Why not make the descendants of the few white southerners feel guilty and the descendants of the northern opposition feel proud? Why not conclude reparation welfare is likely to be more destructive to blacks than regular welfare entitlements since it is racist and would build upon the crippling affects of regular welfare which, among other things, destroyed love and family in the black community and created the school to prison pipeline.

People seem to forget that the economy of the South was all but destroyed in the aftermath of the Civil War. Most of the South's wealth was gone.

The Economics of the Civil War

Greg

This exactly. So-called "white-guilt" amounts to one thing only: the zealously religious self-flagellation and self-martyrization of the pious white postmodernists' faith. These hearts bleed for their own insufficiencies . . .

All of our ancestors did crazy, stupid or just self serving evil crap to each other. The Romans enslaved countless peoples in the ancient world,, as did the Greeks before them, the Persians before them and the Assyrians before them. Just as all of us have had ancestors that were ass holes, we have ancestors that were also victims.

All this group guilt stuff of today is just political posturing for the sick, demented contrived political advantage of one party or the other.

Here is a prediction: As job mongering increases, the Democrats will swing over to a pro-white form of Identity Politics. IT wont be as over the top as a lot of the current Whtie Nationalist crap, but it will give advantages to whites for whatever reason.

It will begin with a light hand and end in a heavy handed oppressive one, and there will be few white people around that will oppose them to defend monorities

You're not talking about a monetary debt. You're talking compensation for pain and suffering. That isn't estate law, that's tort law.
More than 600,000 Americans died correcting the mistake that was slavery ... debt paid, with interest.

My ancestors fought to end slavery, so why doesn't that count as minority debt to me?

...but we owe it to those who are still suffering the disadvantages it caused...
You say we "owe them"... others disagree... you cannot force those who disagree with you to pay for your Gang-Toidy Penance.

Feel free to kick-in if you like... but keep it amongst those who think like you... a Voluntary Penance... and keep the rest of us out of it.

I, and vast numbers of others, will vote-against and work-against any elected official who formally votes for such limp-wristed insanity.

Maybe Trump could set up p a "White Guilt Reparations Fund" that would publicly display everyone's contributions.

Then let the SJWs put their $ where their Virtue Signals are

My ancestors fought to end slavery, so why doesn't that count as minority debt to me?
Ditto... we lost a great-great-grand-uncle, a private in the 86th Illinois, on Kennesaw Mountain, outside Atlanta, in 1864.

His death - compounded annually for 150+ years - gets subtracted from what my family owes according to these twits.

Which means those Reparations twits owe my White northern midwest family one helluva $hitload of money right off the top.

White people acknowledge personal "white guilt" as a way to justify being able to define others as racist.
Beto is acknowledging being a decedent of slave owners because he thinks by doing so gives him justification to condemn all white people regardless of if they are decedents of slave owners.

Of course there is. Right now, as a country, we owe over 22 trillion dollars. If someone dies, their part of the debt doesn't go away. It is assumed by the rest of the country until paid.
No we do not

He government owes it

No one has a part of it

We have no obligation.

We aren't employees of the US. We own it.
We owe no such debt as you claim

Forum List

Back