How the World Can End Tomorrow

I think its a great idea. I just don't think it is a plan to save us from an asteroid hitting Earth.

There is no asteroid hitting the Earth. It's just unfounded fear like finding space aliens.
You do not keep up --
Signs of Alien Life Will Be Found by 2025, NASA's Chief Scientist Predicts

Now that Trump is in charge, the directive has changed.

We aren't going to live on the moon. No water duh. We want to see if we can live in a space station orbiting the moon. We can shuttle people, water, and supplies to the space station and then to the moon.

Do you think being multi-planetary is a good idea or is finding aliens more important to you?.
So you don't think looking for signs of life on other planets or moons is a worthwhile part of exploration?

We can barely live in Earth orbit do you really think it would be easier in moon orbit? Shuttling people, water, and supplies to the space station and then to the moon is the wrong direction. The moon might be useful as a source of raw materials.

I'm going to assume I won this exchange because you cannot express a simple opinion of being multi-planetary or finding aliens. We can just toss the fear of an asteroid collision into the refuse bin.

Trump is the greatest president ever because he's undoing what Obama did. Maybe we can send Obama to see if humans can live on Mars haha.
The moon is not a planet and living there would be only a little different from living in space.

If we ever want to be multi-planetary we'll need to explore other planets first and finding if they have life is important info.

You may think your Bible protects you from asteroids, I don't.

You're still under the stinky fumes of Obama. Trying to be multi-planetary addresses your fears of an large asteroid impact. The moon is safer because it's the closest to the Earth and less problems need to be overcome. If there is ice on the moon, then how can that be used? Another idea was to use it as a refueling and supplies station, but I'm not sure if other countries have pursued it. Have they planned missions there? .

I didn't even mention the Bible. Why do you assume being multi-planetary is Biblical haha?

ETA: If I had to guess, then God does not want us to be multi-planetary. Just read my Elon Musk statement in my sig.

I think its a great idea. I just don't think it is a plan to save us from an asteroid hitting Earth.

There is no asteroid hitting the Earth. It's just unfounded fear like finding space aliens.
You do not keep up --
Signs of Alien Life Will Be Found by 2025, NASA's Chief Scientist Predicts

Now that Trump is in charge, the directive has changed.

We aren't going to live on the moon. No water duh. We want to see if we can live in a space station orbiting the moon. We can shuttle people, water, and supplies to the space station and then to the moon.

Do you think being multi-planetary is a good idea or is finding aliens more important to you?.
So you don't think looking for signs of life on other planets or moons is a worthwhile part of exploration?

We can barely live in Earth orbit do you really think it would be easier in moon orbit? Shuttling people, water, and supplies to the space station and then to the moon is the wrong direction. The moon might be useful as a source of raw materials.

I'm going to assume I won this exchange because you cannot express a simple opinion of being multi-planetary or finding aliens. We can just toss the fear of an asteroid collision into the refuse bin.

Trump is the greatest president ever because he's undoing what Obama did. Maybe we can send Obama to see if humans can live on Mars haha.
The moon is not a planet and living there would be only a little different from living in space.

If we ever want to be multi-planetary we'll need to explore other planets first and finding if they have life is important info.

You may think your Bible protects you from asteroids, I don't.

You're still under the stinky fumes of Obama. Trying to be multi-planetary addresses your fears of an large asteroid impact. The moon is safer because it's the closest to the Earth and less problems need to be overcome. If there is ice on the moon, then how can that be used? Another idea was to use it as a refueling and supplies station, but I'm not sure if other countries have pursued it. Have they planned missions there? .

I didn't even mention the Bible. Why do you assume being multi-planetary is Biblical haha?

ETA: If I had to guess, then God does not want us to be multi-planetary. Just read my Elon Musk statement in my sig.

No asteroid hitting Earth? Maybe not tomorrow or in the next year. Beyond that you really don't know. They have hit before. And every solid planet or moon that we can see shows signs of being hit.

Its not a matter of "If'. It is a matter of "when".

How can we use this ice

Seriously?

AstronautTA-132076347.gif

No asteroid hitting Earth? Maybe not tomorrow or in the next year. Beyond that you really don't know. They have hit before. And every solid planet or moon that we can see shows signs of being hit.

What are the odds of a large asteroid hitting the earth in a hundred years? Five hundred years? Thousand years?

What are the odds of a large asteroid hitting the earth in a hundred years? Five hundred years? Thousand years?

Given the number of asteroids out the is astronomical, the odds are pretty good. Add to that the fact that the gravitational pull of our plant would pull them towards us, to a small degree, and it's better. Astronomers all pretty much say, it's a matter of 'when' not 'if'. Geologists say the same about the Yellowstone Caldera. So the planet will be fucked at some point.

Given the number of asteroids out the is astronomical, the odds are pretty good. Add to that the fact that the gravitational pull of our plant would pull them towards us, to a small degree, and it's better. Astronomers all pretty much say, it's a matter of 'when' not 'if'. Geologists say the same about the Yellowstone Caldera. So the planet will be fucked at some point.

When was the asteroid that killed off the dinosaurs? 160 million years ago. We haven't had any asteroid hits in the last thousand years. I'll take those odds. It's not really a priority with me as most meteors burn up in the atmosphere. I rather focus on becoming multi-planetary which helps subside those fears.

However, I notice the mainstream media gets its kicks by scaring ignorant people with this and the supervolcano eruption. What are the chances for that? That happened hundreds of millions of years ago, too. I guess the AGW scare has died off. Maybe it's supposed to reinforce atheist beliefs since you and other atheists are worried.

supervolcano eruption. What are the chances for that? That happened hundreds of millions of years ago, too.

The last super volcano eruption occurred in New Zealand, 26,000 years ago. Prior to that, the second most recent was in Indonesia 75,000 years ago.

When was the asteroid that killed off the dinosaurs? 160 million years ago. We haven't had any asteroid hits in the last thousand years. I'll take those odds. It's not really a priority with me as most meteors burn up in the atmosphere. I rather focus on becoming multi-planetary which helps subside those fears.

However, I notice the mainstream media gets its kicks by scaring ignorant people with this and the supervolcano eruption. What are the chances for that? That happened hundreds of millions of years ago, too. I guess the AGW scare has died off. Maybe it's supposed to reinforce atheist beliefs since you and other atheists are worried.

I am not saying any of these things will happen any time soon. Just that they will happen. It is inevitable. But the scale of time involved is enormous.

There was an experimental piece of art create once. It involved a shotgun with a wired trigger, a computer calculating a random timer from the moment it was turned on out to 1000 years (I think). At some point in that time the computer would fire the shotgun. There was a chair in front of the shotgun. The experiment was how long any individual would sit in the chair.

supervolcano eruption. What are the chances for that? That happened hundreds of millions of years ago, too.

The last super volcano eruption occurred in New Zealand, 26,000 years ago. Prior to that, the second most recent was in Indonesia 75,000 years ago.

But the super volcano eruptions are not spaced evenly apart.

True, all that shows is that they can come together relatively close on a geographical timeline.

But the super volcano eruptions are not spaced evenly apart.

True, all that shows is that they can come together relatively close on a geographical timeline.

50,000 years is a blip in geological time.

But the spaces between the super volcano eruptions can be tens of thousands of years or hundreds of years.

I am not saying any of these things will happen any time soon. Just that they will happen. It is inevitable. But the scale of time involved is enormous.

There was an experimental piece of art create once. It involved a shotgun with a wired trigger, a computer calculating a random timer from the moment it was turned on out to 1000 years (I think). At some point in that time the computer would fire the shotgun. There was a chair in front of the shotgun. The experiment was how long any individual would sit in the chair.

I suspect your side wants you to believe such rubbish (based on such long odds of it happening) because a few know already that we are not multi-planetary. Have you looked up some of the things discussed like ice on the moon? There is no atmosphere on the moon.

Now, I'm not certain that we are not multi-planetary because we will be able to go to Mars in months instead of years. However, we still need to figure out how to use the ice on the moon to be able to transport it to the space station and make it liquid. There may be issues with just orbiting the moon and living there for a year or so.

So from the tone in your post, do you agree that not many are not afraid of AGW anymore? That used to be the #1 fear of global destruction. Thus, the powers that be in the evo camp want you to believe in some other form of armageddon.

On the creationist side, we have global fire via gamma ray burst, so there's that. That has been prophecized. We even had Sir Isaac Newton predicting 2060 haha.

The OP is ridiculous. I would say these people believe anything the media tells them.

For one, we would know if a large asteroid was on a collision course. We would have time to do something to throw it off course. If that wasn't possible, a few of us can escape to a space station.

It seems odd that in a “perfectly tuned universe” we would need to be concerned with an asteroid impact.
The One who "tunes" the universe is in charge. If it is His plan to end this experiment with Man, there is NOTHING you can do about it.

The good news is, we're gonna be around because He says so.

It could happen soon : The Asteroid (2006 QQ23) | Skyscraper size object set to pass by Earth on August 10, 2019.

The left worships Science. That is my point.

They worship Evolution, not science.

Anyway, the ice on the moon evaporates to water vapor with no atmosphere. The same with ice on Mars. We can't really live orbiting the moon for more than a year or so. People would still need replenishment from Earth.

The other odd science about water I've discovered is that it is a universal solvent. While we all know that we need liquid water to survive, it being a solvent works against a prebiotic molecules and abiogenesis. A crushing death blow to abiogenesis :badgrin:?

Forum List

Back