Milky Way galaxy is warped and twisted, not flat

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Hello,
Analysis of the brightest stars in the galaxy shows that they do not lie on a flat plane as shown in academic texts and popular science books.

Astronomers from Warsaw University speculate that it might have been bent out of shape by past interactions with nearby galaxies.

The new three dimensional map has been published in the journal Science.

The popular picture of the Milky Way as a flat disc is based on the observation of 2.5 million stars out of a possible 2.5 billion. The artists' impressions are therefore rough approximations of the truer shape of our galaxy, according to Dr Dorota Skowron of Warsaw University.

"The internal structure and history of the Milky Way is still far from being understood, in part because it is extremely difficult to measure distances to stars at the outer regions of our galaxy," she said.

_108133447_de27.jpg

Hello,
Analysis of the brightest stars in the galaxy shows that they do not lie on a flat plane as shown in academic texts and popular science books.

Astronomers from Warsaw University speculate that it might have been bent out of shape by past interactions with nearby galaxies.

The popular picture of the Milky Way as a flat disc is based on the observation of 2.5 million stars out of a possible 2.5 billion. The artists' impressions are therefore rough approximations of the truer shape of our galaxy, according to Dr Dorota Skowron of Warsaw University.

"The internal structure and history of the Milky Way is still far from being understood, in part because it is extremely difficult to measure distances to stars at the outer regions of our galaxy," she said.

_108133447_de27.jpg

Actually, this is not news at all and has been known for several years. It is not entirely uncommon for galaxies, especially spiral ones to suffer tidal interaction from cannibalism of smaller dwarf galaxies. The Milky Way has consumed many smaller galaxies in its accretion to become the second largest in the Local Group, which likely includes stripping Omega Centauri of its stars and leaving only its core to remain a globular cluster along with evidence of other recent accretions.

The Magellanic Clouds will eventually fall prey just as in the far distant future eventually the Milky Way will be absorbed by an eventual collision with M31 in Andromeda.

Here is a very recent photo taken of an edge-on spiral in Leo Minor showing similar tidal effects.

hubbletraces.jpg

And of course... if Goddidit, it would be perfect.
But the Universe is a mess.
Colliding galaxies (incl eventually ours with Andromeda).
Exploding stars/Supernovas causing untold damage for Tens+ of Light Years in every direction.
And 99.999999999999999999999999999% of the Universe hostile to his best creation/his image: us.
`

Hello,

_108133447_de27.jpg

Actually, this is not news at all and has been known for several years. It is not entirely uncommon for galaxies, especially spiral ones to suffer tidal interaction from cannibalism of smaller dwarf galaxies. The Milky Way has consumed many smaller galaxies in its accretion to become the second largest in the Local Group, which likely includes stripping Omega Centauri of its stars and leaving only its core to remain a globular cluster along with evidence of other recent accretions.

The Magellanic Clouds will eventually fall prey just as in the far distant future eventually the Milky Way will be absorbed by an eventual collision with M31 in Andromeda.

Here is a very recent photo taken of an edge-on spiral in Leo Minor showing similar tidal effects.

View attachment 272748
The Milky Way is twisted "maybe" because it begins to be attracted by M31 in Andromeda?

Hello,

_108133447_de27.jpg

View attachment 272748
The Milky Way is twisted "maybe" because it begins to be attracted by M31 in Andromeda?

No, much too far apart. The twisting is from tidal interactions with dwarf galaxies it consumed millions of years ago. We won't begin interacting with Andromeda for billions of years.

These dumb Polaks, creating the most detailed Milky Way Galaxy map.

No no - a terrible picture, because a "Polak" made it. When a Russian, a German or a Jew had made it then it would be much more wonderful.

But what did I really like to say? Can it be the galaxy rotates over 2 axisies? The main axis is clear ... in the first picture on this page this axis is direction top-down - whether it rotates left or right I don't know in the moment. The second axis - if exists - points out direction forward-backward and the rotation could be direction "right" (the same direction like watch hands).

If so - could this be an effect of a fusion of two galaxies? For example the milky galaxy and the way galaxy? ... And another question: Are black holes able to rotate in two directions the same time? ...

Last edited:
And of course... if Goddidit, it would be perfect.
But the Universe is a mess.
Colliding galaxies (incl eventually ours with Andromeda).
Exploding stars/Supernovas causing untold damage for Tens+ of Light Years in every direction.
And 99.999999999999999999999999999% of the Universe hostile to his best creation/his image: us.
`

Only a mess in your mind. Not in God's mind.

No no - a terrible picture, because a "Polak" made it. When a Russian, a German or a Jew had made it then it would be much more wonderful.

But what did I really like to say? Can it be the galaxy rotates over 2 axisies? The main axis is clear ... in the first picture on this page this axis is direction top-down - whether it rotates left or right I don't know in the moment. The second axis - if exists - points out direction forward-backward and the rotation could be direction "right" (the same direction like watch hands).

If so - could this be an effect of a fusion of two galaxies? For example the milky galaxy and the way galaxy? ... And another question: Are black holes able to rotate in two directions the same time? ...

A ) This Polish created Milky Way Galaxy map is considered the most accurate.

B.) The theory you seem to be hinting at, that Black Holes are links to other Universes also comes from a Pole Nikodem Poplawski.

Wonderful. Micky Mouse made by the way often fine acurate photographs from Pluto.

B.) The theory you seem to be hinting at, that Black Holes are links to other Universes also comes from a Pole Nikodem Poplawski.

I never heard from Mr. Poplawski - typical Jewish name - or typical German name? - could also be a Russian name - or is he in the end an US-American? ... and the questions I had were questions I had, when I took a view at this picture. Only the question, whether an object could exist within the universe which rotates over two axisies at the same time, is a question I have since a longer time. I don't know why. Any answer? Or what says Nikodem Poplawski? Is a black hole able to be such an object?

(And I never thought by the way that black holes are links to other universes. I think that black holes are totally a part of our universe here. It exist black holes with a "size" = "mass" of more than 40 billion suns and even more than 60 billion suns. 66 billion sun masses is the biggest they ever found, if I remember well. Really astonishing. The supermassive 'monster' Sagittarius A* has only 4 million sun masses. And they don't tear the universe in parts although all this energy in concentrated in a point or a very little area. Crazy. This gives an impression of the power of the allmighty god, who had created everything out of nothing.)

Last edited:

Wonderful. Micky Mouse made by the way often fine acurate photographs from Pluto.

I never heard from Mr. Poplawski - typical Jewish name - or typical German name? - could also be a Russian name - or is he in the end an US-American? ... and the questions I had were questions I had, when I took a view at this picture. Only the question, whether an object could exist within the universe which rotates over two axisies at the same time, is a question I have since a longer time. I don't know why. Any answer? Or what says Nikodem Poplawski? Is a black hole able to be such an object?

(And I never thought by the way that black holes are links to other universes. I think that black holes are totally a part of our universe here. It exist black holes with a "size" = "mass" of more than 40 billion suns and even more than 60 billion suns. 66 billion sun masses is the biggest they ever found, if I remember well. Really astonishing. The supermassive 'monster' Sagittarius A* has only 4 million sun masses. And they don't tear the universe in parts although all this energy in concentrated in a point or a very little area. Crazy. This gives an impression of the power of the allmighty god, who had created everything out of nothing.)

Poplawski is a Polish surname, dunce.

In Germany live more than 119 Poplawskis. In Italy lives 1 Poplawski. In the USA much more than 2000 Poplawskis. And "Lilly of the West" is the name of my dog. She's not a Poplawski, she's a Bavarian sausage dog with extraordinary long legs. Polish legs, I guess, because my daughter met in Berlin a longer time ago a criminal Pole, who made money with suffering dogs. He survived, gave up this business and my daughter had 15 dogs, which she gave to people, who love dogs. This poor little puppy of the West and I became friends and ... Ahm ... What did I like to say? ... Oh yes, I remember ... nothing.

Last edited:
Hey Goofy!
Let us know when you can show us evidence of any 'god.'
And I sure hope he's yours, but the odds aren't good.
At least 75% of religions/'gods' will be wrong about which/Witch one.
`

In Germany live more than 119 Poplawskis. In Italy lives 1 Poplawski. In the USA much more than 2000 Poplawskis. And "Lilly of the West" is the name of my dog. She's not a Poplawski, she's a Bavarian sausage dog with extraordinary long legs. Polish legs, I guess, because my daughter met in Berlin a longer time ago a criminal Pole, who made money with suffering dogs. He survived, gave up this business and my daughter had 15 dogs, which she gave to people, who love dogs. This poor little puppy of the West and I became friends and ... Ahm ... What did I like to say? ... Oh yes, I remember ... nothing.

As if no Poles moved to the USA, or Germany.
Wow, what idiocy.

... As if no Poles moved to the USA, or Germany.
Wow, what idiocy.

Don't forget Russia. Boris Johnson-Cummings ... ah sorry: Boris Julianowitsch Poplawski for example (I used the German form to write this name now) was a Russian author. He died young in 1935. ¿Stalin? ... And I also don't ask whether a black hole has a link to Stalin and this makes our galaxy warp and twisted. Such an hypothese sounds not very plausible in my ears. Although Mr. Schwarzschild (German, verbally "black shield") defined theoretically a black hole and the event horizon the first time of history of all mankind during world war 2. He also died young. Now enlighten me and all other people in the world too: What said Prof. Powlawski - ah sorry: Poplawski - from the university Newhaven about this interesting "problem" here?

Last edited:
Hey Goofy!
Let us know when you can show us evidence of any 'god.'
And I sure hope he's yours, but the odds aren't good.
At least 75% of religions/'gods' will be wrong about which/Witch one.
`

Hey asshole, show me how the universe magically made itself out of nothing.

Logically: Because this nothing tried to be an absolute nothing with even no nothing inside and so it became something. Physically: No idea.

His English problem is not physics - his problem is his belief in atheism and his will to try to dominate everyone and everything. He is not able to imagine that god is everywhere all around and also in places which are far from our experiences. He likes to make out of physics a structure without belief - because he believes not to belief. But physicists follow just simple the philosophy empirism. Empirism is their belief, mathematics their spiritual way and the experiment their god. And this is totally okay because physics says only something about the physis of the world(s). Natural science is not able to be a religon, to be a rebound in god. But it's interesting to see how god made it. This gives us a sense about the creator. Everyhing in the universe is for example always in the middle - because it expands. Typically god, isn't it?

The problem in this context: Meanwhile physics loses its self-chosen boundary. For example: A short time ago three physicists got some million dollar as a price for the discovery of super-gravitation. Good phycisists. Wonderful price. Honorful activity. ... The only problem: no one knows whether super-gravitation exists or not. No experiment ever showed this. It's "only" mathematics. But everyone could also make a nice piece of mathematics, which shows, that the Earth is a cube ... or a mathematics, which shows that it exists an endless number of shortest ways between two points. I guess it could be, that in a parallel universe the Earth is a cube, but - and that's a very big but - this shows us only the spiritual method "mathematics". If parallel universes should exist, then they are only connected with "thoughts". ... It's by the way not clear whether mathematics is a creation of god or a creation of human beings. Looks like everywhere exists spirit and we are spirit on our own too. But this means not we have no choice between right and wrong.

Herbstgewitter über Dächern
Schneegestöber voller Zorn
Frühjahrssturm im Laub vom Vorjahr
Sommerwind in reifem Korn
Hätt' ich all das nie gesehen
Säh' für alles andere blind
Nur den Wind in deinen Haaren
Sagt' ich doch, ich kenn' den Wind

Straßlärm und Musikboxen
Weh'n ein Lied irgendwo her
Düsengrollen, Lachen, Rufen
Plötzlich Stille ringsumher
Hätt' ich all das nie vernommen
Wär für alles taub und hört'
Nur ein Wort von dir gesprochen
Sagt' ich doch, ich hab' gehört

Bunte Bänder und Girlanden
Sonne nach durchzechter Nacht
Neonlicht im Morgennebel
Kurz bevor die Stadt erwacht
Wär' mir das versagt geblieben
Hätte ich all das nie geseh'n
Schließ' ich über dir die Augen
Sagt' ich doch, ich hab' geseh'n

Warten, Hoffen und Aufgeben
Irren und Ratlosigkeit
Zweifeln, Glauben und Verzeihen
Freudentränen, Trunkenheit
Hätt' ich all das nie erfahren
Hätt' ich all das nie erlebt
Schlief' ich ein in deinen Armen
Sagt' ich doch, ich hab' gelebt

Reinhard Mey

Last edited:
abu afak

You are a good example for the anglo-american sickness to know less than nothing very loud. You don't have to believe in god - but this makes nothing true what you don't say but agitate. Start to learn what the word "funny" means. I don't know how often I have to say this to you, until you will finally start to do so. That's not so difficult. Ah yea ... and let it be to use alcohol and/or drugs. Perhaps this is your deeper problem.

Last edited:
... As if no Poles moved to the USA, or Germany.
Wow, what idiocy.

Don't forget Russia. Boris Johnson-Cummings ... ah sorry: Boris Julianowitsch Poplawski for example (I used the German form to write this name now) was a Russian author. He died young in 1935. ¿Stalin? ... And I also don't ask whether a black hole has a link to Stalin and this makes our galaxy warp and twisted. Such an hypothese sounds not very plausible in my ears. Although Mr. Schwarzschild (German, verbally "black shield") defined theoretically a black hole and the event horizon the first time of history of all mankind during world war 2. He also died young. Now enlighten me and all other people in the world too: What said Prof. Powlawski - ah sorry: Poplawski - from the university Newhaven about this interesting "problem" here?

Boris Poplawski had a Polish heritage.

Forum List

Back