How the GOP Can Slaughter Obama

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
Obama is so vulnerable right now that 2012 is the GOP's race to win or lose. If they manage things even fairly well, they own him. All they have to do is coordinate a decent strategy and avoid some mistakes. Right now, they seem determined to f*ck this up but once they have their nominee that will hopefully change.

1. Realize who already has title on what real estate and go for the open land.

The GOP is going to get the Conservative vote no matter what. Even if the economy surges, all wars end, unemployment goes to zero and angels come down singing Obama's name, they will vote against him. This includes the vast majority of Tea Partiers and Libertarians.
Obama is going to get the TrueBlue Dems, Far Left Liberals, Union Workers, Gay and Black vote. Period.

That leaves Reagan Democrats, Moderates, Independents and maybe the Hispanic vote up for grabs.

So they can almost ignore their base and they should. Tea Partiers can claim they'll refuse to vote if the GOP goes with Romney (and several here have!) but come election day, are they going to give Obama another term out of spite? Doubtful.

They need to end this war that Conservatives have declared on all those Independents, Moderates etc... who are not "Conservative Enough" (i.e. agrees with them on absolutely everything) if they want to win. This means that Bachman can't be on the ticket. Paul is great. He's honest. And he's unelectable. Perry would be okay but he has some HUGE challenges that might drive away the very folks needed to win an election. The only people who don't / wouldn't see the Reincarnation of "W" in Perry, are people who would already vote GOP anyway.
Romney would be the smartest choice so far but of GEEZ wouldn't it be great if they could come up with a last minute entry that was better. Oh well.
For now, Romney would be the smartest choice.

2. Get Smart on VP. McCain actually had the right idea with Palin, he just had the wrong candidate. How many Dems, Libs, Mods & Indies think Bachmann or Palin are genuinely intelligent? None I know of. They're probably out there but they're the minority. The only people who love Palin or Bachmann are smart, are people whose vote is 100% guaranteed GOP anyway.
But look at Susana Martinez of NM. She actually is smart! She's strong, talented, was prosecutor of the year, so Conservative that the Tea Partiers would drink her like kool-aid and Hispanic. Okay, she's light on experience but that doesn't seem to be a big deal to Palin supporters and obviously wasn't to Obama supporters. Someone like Martinez would bring in women, Hispanics, Conservatives and a lot of Independents.

3. Gay marriage? Abortion? Gun laws? Who Cares! One of the biggest mistakes a couple of GOP candidates are making right now, is focusing on social issues. People who are out of work, could give a flying fartsicle about gay marriage. It's the economy stupid. They need to focus on that one thing like a laser.

4. Don't Excuse Bush. Right now, Obama is doing a great job of deflection. According to several polls, over 60% of the country still believes the Bush and the GOP are major contributing facotrs to the current situation. I'm surprised but oh well. So instead of blaming Obama, they would do better to flow with it. Something along the lines of:
"Well sure, President Obama was left a challenging situation. Obviously he wasn't the right guy to handle it because he's just made it worse. So as your next president, it will be my job to show you how we can turn things around."

5. Poach From His Previous Voters. One of the areas in which Obama is most vulnerable, is that he hasn't been Liberal enough. Now that OBL is out, why are we still in Afghanistan? I sure as hell don't support this. Or Iraq. Find the issues that even Conservatives could stomach and capitalize on them.
"I've supported our troops but now we've done what we need to do. We don't need to stay there and spend all that money, just to make an inexperienced president look more presidential.

If the GOP can avoid going with Bachmann or some other disaster candidate, pick a good VP, stop alienating everyone who isn't a Rush listener, avoid making this about social issues and focus on what people care about - the economy, then the WH should easily be theirs for the taking.

We'll see.

Obama is so vulnerable right now that 2012 is the GOP's race to win or lose. If they manage things even fairly well, they own him. All they have to do is coordinate a decent strategy and avoid some mistakes. Right now, they seem determined to f*ck this up but once they have their nominee that will hopefully change.

The GOP is going to get the Conservative vote no matter what. Even if the economy surges, all wars end, unemployment goes to zero and angels come down singing Obama's name, they will vote against him. This includes the vast majority of Tea Partiers and Libertarians.
Obama is going to get the TrueBlue Dems, Far Left Liberals, Union Workers, Gay and Black vote. Period.

That leaves Reagan Democrats, Moderates, Independents and maybe the Hispanic vote up for grabs.

So they can almost ignore their base and they should. Tea Partiers can claim they'll refuse to vote if the GOP goes with Romney (and several here have!) but come election day, are they going to give Obama another term out of spite? Doubtful.

They need to end this war that Conservatives have declared on all those Independents, Moderates etc... who are not "Conservative Enough" (i.e. agrees with them on absolutely everything) if they want to win. This means that Bachman can't be on the ticket. Paul is great. He's honest. And he's unelectable. Perry would be okay but he has some HUGE challenges that might drive away the very folks needed to win an election. The only people who don't / wouldn't see the Reincarnation of "W" in Perry, are people who would already vote GOP anyway.
Romney would be the smartest choice so far but of GEEZ wouldn't it be great if they could come up with a last minute entry that was better. Oh well.

2. Get Smart on VP. McCain actually had the right idea with Palin, he just had the wrong candidate. How many Dems, Libs, Mods & Indies think Bachmann or Palin are genuinely intelligent? None I know of. They're probably out there but they're the minority. The only people who love Palin or Bachmann are smart, are people whose vote is 100% guaranteed GOP anyway.
But look at Susana Martinez of NM. She actually is smart! She's strong, talented, was prosecutor of the year, so Conservative that the Tea Partiers would drink her like kool-aid and Hispanic. Okay, she's light on experience but that doesn't seem to be a big deal to Palin supporters and obviously wasn't to Obama supporters. Someone like Martinez would bring in women, Hispanics, Conservatives and a lot of Independents.

3. Gay marriage? Abortion? Gun laws? Who Cares! One of the biggest mistakes a couple of GOP candidates are making right now, is focusing on social issues. People who are out of work, could give a flying fartsicle about gay marriage. It's the economy stupid. They need to focus on that one thing like a laser.

4. Don't Excuse Bush. Right now, Obama is doing a great job of deflection. According to several polls, over 60% of the country still believes the Bush and the GOP are major contributing facotrs to the current situation. I'm surprised but oh well. So instead of blaming Obama, they would do better to flow with it. Something along the lines of:
"Well sure, President Obama was left a challenging situation. Obviously he wasn't the right guy to handle it because he's just made it worse. So as your next president, it will be my job to show you how we can turn things around."

5. Poach From His Previous Voters. One of the areas in which Obama is most vulnerable, is that he hasn't been Liberal enough. Now that OBL is out, why are we still in Afghanistan? I sure as hell don't support this. Or Iraq. Find the issues that even Conservatives could stomach and capitalize on them.
"I've supported our troops but now we've done what we need to do. We don't need to stay there and spend all that money, just to make an inexperienced president look more presidential.

If the GOP can avoid going with Bachmann or some other disaster candidate, pick a good VP, stop alienating everyone who isn't a Rush listener, avoid making this about social issues and focus on what people care about - the economy, then the WH should easily be theirs for the taking.

We'll see.

:clap2::clap2::clap2: Very well put together.

The OP is baloney - the GOP doesn't need to go after the "moderates". People's lives are being destroyed in a way not seen for 80 years - voters will give obama and his leftwing entourage the boot just as a matter of survival.

The OP is baloney - the GOP doesn't need to go after the "moderates". People's lives are being destroyed in a way not seen for 80 years - voters will give obama and his leftwing entourage the boot just as a matter of survival.

Spoken like a true, well, never mind. Of course. You're absolutely right. Independents, Moderates etc... never decide elections. You betcha!

Thanks. As an Independent, I'd love to see the GOP take this idiot down.
This is year has been a real head scratcher for me though. The Tea Party could very well have a Ross Perot effect if the GOP isn't careful. I mean, could you imagine if they were able to push the GOP into getting Bachmann on the ticket??? Huge numbers of Independent, Moderate and even a lot of Republicans, would vote Obama just to keep her out (including me). She definitely hands Obama the entire Hispanic vote. La Raza and even Somos Republicans (We are Republicans, the Hispanic political group) have already made it clear that if she's anywhere near the ticket, they hand their votes to the Dems.
So basically, you're left with lots of nice, white, Conservatives - the people who will vote GOP anyway and a close defeat for the GOP. It amazes me that there are so many people who think that will be enough. Let's hope they don't influence the nomination too heavily.

Obama will pull it out at the end with a movie about how he killed the most dangerous terrorist in the world. Starring himself, playing himself, directed by himself, produced by himself, for which he will win an Oscar as Best Actor, Best Director, Best original story, Best film,....

Gladiator......pfffft.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
Obama will pull it out at the end with a movie about how he killed the most dangerous terrorist in the world. Starring himself, playing himself, directed by himself, produced by himself.....

Gladiator......pfffft.

He won't need it, he will win easily.

Republicans need to focus on the economy with both their policies. Tax breaks for the rich and subsidies for corporations.

They can use, "Government can't make jobs" as their slogan.

Sounds like a "winner".

Republicans need to focus on the economy with both their policies. Tax breaks for the rich and subsidies for corporations.

Sounds like a "winner".

Okay, I'm an idiot. I'm just sure there's sarcasm or irony or something in your post but am obviously too daft to get it. 'Splain Lucy!

Sounds like a "winner".

Okay, I'm an idiot. I'm just sure there's sarcasm or irony or something in your post but am obviously too daft to get it. 'Splain Lucy!

Its sarcasm.

The OP is right though, it is the GOP's race to lose. If I'm given a reasonable candidate I know I'll vote against Obama.

Sounds like a "winner".

Its sarcasm.

The OP is right though, it is the GOP's race to lose. If I'm given a reasonable candidate I know I'll vote against Obama.

:lol: You want a reasonable candidate?

Immie

If the Republicans go with 'same-old, same-old' (Romney, Perry, etc..) they'll lose most Libertarians and a large chunk of the Tea Party. Libertarians, in particular, aren't as susceptible to the 'lesser-of-two-evils' crap and will happily vote independent or Libertarian if they are snubbed with a commercial candidate (which will almost certainly happen).

I think the Republicans have real problems because, short of nominating Ron Paul or Gary Johnson, they aren't going to offer anything much different than Obama - who didn't offer anything much different than Bush.

Actually, the GOP is turning Obama into just another one of its victims! The American people aren't collectively dumb enough to believe EVERYTHING is all Obama's fault. He ain't a great president, but he inherited this pile of shit from an even lesser president.

Spoken like a true, well, never mind. Of course. You're absolutely right. Independents, Moderates etc... never decide elections. You betcha!

You missed the point sparky. Even "moderates" are losing their jobs, homes, and 401ks. They will put aside their usual flukey capricious behavior in favor of surviving.

No but I'm flattered that the place you got it, found my post to be worthy of Cut & Pasting! If you click the bottom of the page you linked (where it says "read more..."), guess whose avatar you see! :)

However, I'm on two boards and did Cut & Paste this post onto the other one after I wrote it - which is where your link is sourced from.

Last edited:

You missed the point sparky. Even "moderates" are losing their jobs, homes, and 401ks. They will put aside their usual flukey capricious behavior in favor of surviving.

Well, let's put that to the test. How many Independents & Moderates here would vote for Bachmann over Obama?

1st vote is mine: Nope. There are a couple of other people here who are Independents and Moderates - you know, the people you call "Secret Agent Liberals" or whatever? Wanna bet they would go out to vote for Obama, just to make sure Bachmann wouldn't get in?
But of course, as has been displayed by your posts, your defitiniton of a "Liberal" is anyone who doesn't absolutely agree with you on 100% of issues, candidates etc... I believe you have even called me "leftist", "Liberal" or whatever...

Actually, the GOP is turning Obama into just another one of its victims! The American people aren't collectively dumb enough to believe EVERYTHING is all Obama's fault. He ain't a great president, but he inherited this pile of shit from an even lesser president.

Okay, let's say for argument's sake you're right. He inherited a pile of shit. What did he do about it? Wrote checks to banks, without doing anything about the "too big to fail" situation - so he solved nothing and did nothing to prevent it from happening again. Fail.
Gave checks to the auto company. Same as above. Fail.
Spent 18 months on a Health Care policy that was SO bad, his own party members avoided it like the plague during mid-terms. Fail.
Came up with a budget that was so bad, it got shot down 97 - 0. And then failed to produce anything to replace it for months. So the only budget presented by anyone, was the Ryan plan. Fail.
It's not ALL Bushes fault. That one's getting old to Independents. He sucks.

We'll see.

Well thought out post...

I do disagree on some things though. I think the key to the 2012 race will be whether or not Barack Obama can get out the black and youth vote in even close to the same numbers he did in 2008. If he doesn't then he's toast and I have my doubts that he can energize them this time. The Obama economy has been hardest on two demographics...blacks and as Joe Pesci would put it "utes". In 2008 they were mesmerized by the whole "Hope and Change" thing. They really thought that Obama was going to do all of the things he promised when he was campaigning. They thought that...and they got burned when he didn't do anything he promised. I'm sorry but I think that a HUGE number of those two groups will be sitting this one out.

As far as a VP candidate goes? I'd lean towards Marco Rubio from Florida...he's Hispanic, he's conservative, he's from a blue collar family, he's smart and handles himself well in debates. Florida is a key swing State...New Mexico not so much.

I agree 100% on social issues. The Democrats will try to emphasize these because any debate on the economy is obviously a loser for them. Downplay everything except for the economy and jobs. The American people really don't care about "side issues" at this point...they want someone who can put people back to work.

As far as Bush goes? His biggest failing was that he wasn't a fiscal conservative, especially in the last two years of his second term. Don't defend the reckless spending that Bush signed off on. It was wrong when he did it and it was even more wrong when Obama took the reckless spending to epic heights. Don't get caught up in the whole...well Bush did it too game...admit that Republicans were wrong to spend so much and promise that 2008 and 2010's elections taught a lesson about what the American people want.

I wouldn't even focus on foreign policy differences. To be honest I don't think anyone KNOWS what Barack Obama's foreign policy is...including Barack Obama. He hasn't really DONE anything which is par for the course with him. Again...focus on the economy.

Forum List

Back