Social Security disability on verge of insolvency!

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
Social Security disability on verge of insolvency -- GazetteXtra

I think letting the payroll tax (Social Security Tax) on workers rise is a good idea or maybe we can move the retirement age to 80 (Sarcasm about the age).

"At issue is a tax that the vast majority of workers pay, but many don't recognize because they don't read, or don't understand their pay stubs. Workers normally pay 6.2 percent of their wages toward a tax designated for Social Security. Their employer pays an equal amount, for a total of 12.4 percent per worker.

As part of a bipartisan spending deal last December, Congress approved Obama's request to reduce the workers' share to 4.2 percent for one year; employers' rate did not change. Obama wants Congress to extend the reduction for an additional year. If not, the rate will return to 6.2 percent on Jan. 1."

National and World -- GazetteXtra

Last edited:
Social Security disability on verge of insolvency -- GazetteXtra

I think letting the payroll tax (Social Security Tax) on workers rise is a good idea or maybe we can move the retirement age to 80.

"At issue is a tax that the vast majority of workers pay, but many don't recognize because they don't read, or don't understand their pay stubs. Workers normally pay 6.2 percent of their wages toward a tax designated for Social Security. Their employer pays an equal amount, for a total of 12.4 percent per worker.

As part of a bipartisan spending deal last December, Congress approved Obama's request to reduce the workers' share to 4.2 percent for one year; employers' rate did not change. Obama wants Congress to extend the reduction for an additional year. If not, the rate will return to 6.2 percent on Jan. 1."

National and World -- GazetteXtra
Yep. I had intended on starting a thread on this very issue.
Here is the link I read from

Social Security disability on verge of insolvency - Yahoo! NewsNow watch the bullshit fly from those on the left.

Last edited:
First off -- ALL of Social Security went INSOLVENT in 2010.. Hate to break the news here, but the article repeats the same lie about taking "funds out of the Trust Fund until 2017".. THERE IS NOTHING OF VALUE in the trust fund and Soc Sec paid out MORE in 2010 than it took in.. NO MORE SURPLUS...

That is -- thanks to Obama and progressives reaching deep to find the ONLY TAX CUT that would apply to all workers.. Which was to raid the premiums for SS at a time when the fund was going into an early coma. That and continued sucky economy..

FIRST washington steals $3Trill over 25 years in SS surplus and puts worthless IOUs in the "trust fund".
NOW they are stealing from current premiums..
NEXT they have UNIVERSAL health care to sell us -- because we TRUST THEM SO DAMN much.. (Yes I'm angry)

BTW: As all self-employed and small business owners do -- I get to pay the entire 12.6% MYSELF. What an 'f-in' bargain eh??

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
First off -- ALL of Social Security went INSOLVENT in 2010.. Hate to break the news here, but the article repeats the same lie about taking "funds out of the Trust Fund until 2017".. THERE IS NOTHING OF VALUE in the trust fund and Soc Sec paid out MORE in 2010 than it took in.. NO MORE SURPLUS...

That is -- thanks to Obama and progressives reaching deep to find the ONLY TAX CUT that would apply to all workers.. Which was to raid the premiums for SS at a time when the fund was going into an early coma. That and continued sucky economy..

FIRST washington steals $3Trill over 25 years in SS surplus and puts worthless IOUs in the "trust fund".
NOW they are stealing from current premiums..
NEXT they have UNIVERSAL health care to sell us -- because we TRUST THEM SO DAMN much.. (Yes I'm angry)

BTW: As all self-employed and small business owners do -- I get to pay the entire 12.6% MYSELF. What an 'f-in' bargain eh??

So take a bigger cut on schedule K-1 (draw) and you won't have to pay it at all.

But remember, you won't get anything back later when you may need it.

New congressional estimates say the trust fund that supports Social Security disability will run out of money by 2017, leaving the program unable to pay full benefits, unless Congress acts. About two decades later, Social Security's much larger retirement fund is projected to run dry as well.

Social Security disability on verge of insolvency - Yahoo! News

So SS disability insolvent in 2017 and SS retirement funds insolvent in 2037.

...in 2017....

Paying off unions doesnt get it done fool. Saving bloated government doesnt get it done.

You havent had a plan worth the paper it was written on. But instead of trying to strengthen the job market you fucking clowns keep adding regulation.

FICA taxes are a huge windfall for the federal government. They realized that way back in FDR's day while politicians were stealing the money. LBJ made it "legal" by officially designating FICA taxes as the property of the federal government and from then on there was no pretending about a social security "locked box". There ain't no money because there never was anything but a promise to pay it back.

2017 is the date that the disability trust fund runs dry the retirement trust fund is good for 20 years beyond that.

2017 is the date that the disability trust fund runs dry the retirement trust fund is good for 20 years beyond that.

Only on paper. Remember the president couldnt guarantee checks would go out.

Why? because it is only debt.

I do however believe that the temp withholding reduction should go back to what it was and the ceiling wages on withholding should be raised.
And probably the retirement ages should be raised for those under say 45-50.
And a qulaifier should be in place to recieve SS beneifts.
Ie if you make 100k per year you get no SS. 100k is just a number i pulled out of the air.

And congress needs to be prohibited from spending any of the future surpluses.

And like Douger I have no personal reason to worry about SS.

I do however believe that the temp withholding reduction should go back to what it was and the ceiling wages on withholding should be raised.
Ie if you make 100k per year you get no SS. 100k is just a number i pulled out of the air.

So if I make over 100k and wont be getting the SS I am paying in. Can I stop paying in?

lol

Is SS a pay as you go Retirement Plan? Or Welfare?

Can't have it both ways people.

So if I make over 100k and wont be getting the SS I am paying in. Can I stop paying in?

lol

It is an insurance policy. Term type.
How do you kow you will be making 100k when you retire?

Some of you brainwashed right-wingers are so crazy you seem almost ecstatic about the doom scenario you're gushing about here. It appears you will be disappointed if it doesn't come true.

That's how crazy you are. And I'm not kidding or tossing spitballs.

lol

It is an insurance policy. Term type.
How do you kow you will be making 100k when you retire?

Well it was sold to the American People, and passed as a pay as you go Retirement plan. That's the Problem with these Programs. They never turn out to be what we are told they will be, and they always cost far more than Projected.

Some of you brainwashed right-wingers are so crazy you seem almost ecstatic about the doom scenario you're gushing about here. It appears you will be disappointed if it doesn't come true.

That's how crazy you are. And I'm not kidding or tossing spitballs.

Some of you Lefties in here seem like Ostriches Sticking your head in the sand and denying there is a problem at all. That's how Ignorant you people are.

And I am not kidding or tossing spitballs either.

Forum List

Back