How should the U.S. deal with illegal Immigration?

And so is jaywalking....

If it's not a concern to you that is just an indication of your own ignorance, and you are in a very small minority.

I see so according to you me not wishing and wanting other people to be poor and have shitty lives is me being ignorant.
I realize you are a conservative and therefor do not think but at least try

Do you have any doors and windows on your house?

If it's not a concern to you that is just an indication of your own ignorance, and you are in a very small minority.

I see so according to you me not wishing and wanting other people to be poor and have shitty lives is me being ignorant.
I realize you are a conservative and therefor do not think but at least try

Do you have any doors and windows on your house?
Just a slit to pass in his tray but he's got lovely padding on the walls.

A couple of things: Heavily revamp surveillance, personnel, and other resources at the border (taking that away from the military budget to make it deficit neutral), give amnesty to the illegals already here and register them, expand temporary guest worker programs and in general just streamline and quicken the migration process: migrants are a huge economic plus and are one of the things that keep the US economy young and vibrant unlike the moribund demographics of Europe and Japan.

Several times in the past we've given amnest to illegals already here. You know what happened? Yeah, MORE illegals streamed accross the border to get in on the next amnesty. What do you call someone who does the same thing over and over again and expects different results?

Amnesty doesn't work. Ship all illegal who are caught here back home. Make e-verify mandatory. Fine and jail their employers and their landlords and anyone providing them shelter. Any illegal caught using someone's social security number should do prison time before they are shipped home.

Illegals take our jobs and keep our wages low. They ship home as much of their pay as they can and they collect as much welfare as they can, they have a negative affect on the economy, not a possitive one.

No guest workers unless there are no Americans looking for jobs.....

Giving amnesty to any illegal is a slap in the face to all the legal immigrant that followed our laws, got their background checks, their medical checks and sponsors to come here legally...it's even worse to the millions of people who've been denied entry into our country and never came illegally.

You want the illegals to be legally, how about YOU sponsor a family to come here legally?

BTW, Japan doesn't exactly take in immigrants...they have a lot of foreign workers...but you can't get into their country and become a Japanese citizen, they don't let you do that. My brother was born there and he's not a Japanese citizen. You actually have to be Japanese to be a Japanese citizen...shocking, isn't it?

[

BTW, Japan doesn't exactly take in immigrants...they have a lot of foreign workers...but you can't get into their country and become a Japanese citizen, they don't let you do that.

Well, that's not exactly true, but it is rather difficult.

Public hangings of illegal immigrants would be quite a deterrent....:lol:

Rainey_Bethea_hanging_big.jpg

This one drew a huge crowd!! Rainey Bathea was the last man hung in America...that was 1936.

So many people stream across our border illegally and our government struggles to do any thing about it.

So obviously it needs fixing.
What are some ideas you all have as to how they could fix it?

I think we should treat it the same way they do area 51, post signs in every language that state if you get within a certain distance you'll be shot. Only an desperate idiot or a terrorist would try to cross with those signs up. We could build sniper towers and post highly trained special opps to patrol our border. I am not saying each and every person trying to cross would die, but if they didn't listen to reason they would get an arm or a leg blown off.

let them come. If they pass a background check for no criminal record (other than being here illegally, or using a SSN for employment purposes only) let them stay. I'm good with that. :eusa_angel:

A couple of things: Heavily revamp surveillance, personnel, and other resources at the border (taking that away from the military budget to make it deficit neutral), give amnesty to the illegals already here and register them, expand temporary guest worker programs and in general just streamline and quicken the migration process: migrants are a huge economic plus and are one of the things that keep the US economy young and vibrant unlike the moribund demographics of Europe and Japan.

Several times in the past we've given amnest to illegals already here. You know what happened? Yeah, MORE illegals streamed accross the border to get in on the next amnesty. What do you call someone who does the same thing over and over again and expects different results?

Yes, it has happened in the past - but hey, the US underwent a very strong period of high growth after that, drawing more in, something unlikely to happen again. :) Besides, like I said before, high migration is both a symptom of a healthy economy as well as a driver of it.

Sure, you argue that illegals drain public finances. That could be true, but does that outweight other benefits that they provide? If one believes in free market theory, the fact that there are people demanding this labor as well as providing it, voluntarily, would indicate that it is mutually beneficial trade: the basis of capitalism - indeed, free migration flows is part and parcel of a free market, just as capital flows are [and which most people do not complain about].

Not only this, but illegals do jobs that Americans won't do - at that wage. The lower cost of production inputs (in this case labor), in theory, should spur production of whichever industry was utilizing these lower cost resources. Furthermore, illegals are often poor, and the poor have a higher marginal propensity to consume - this means that they spend a proportionally larger part of their income on consumption (even if they are saving for remittances), which is taxed [indeed, one of the taxes that the poor must pay - since illegals are often poorer, they would likely not pay much in income or capital gains taxes, meaning they do not scheme the system as it would appear at first glance].

Lastly, there's remittances, which provide a more indirect bonus; kind of "free foreign aid" not paid by the state but with similar longer-term benefits inherent in helping poorer countries in the region - after all US companies sell many US-made products their goods in these markets . Indeed, Latin America imports proportionally more from the United States than from anywhere else, and maintains a high trade deficit with the US (US sells more products to us, than we sell to the US).

Amnesty doesn't work. Ship all illegal who are caught here back home. Make e-verify mandatory. Fine and jail their employers and their landlords and anyone providing them shelter. Any illegal caught using someone's social security number should do prison time before they are shipped home.

That's a little extreme.

BTW, Japan doesn't exactly take in immigrants...they have a lot of foreign workers...but you can't get into their country and become a Japanese citizen, they don't let you do that. My brother was born there and he's not a Japanese citizen. You actually have to be Japanese to be a Japanese citizen...shocking, isn't it?

Yes, that is why Japan is currently shrinking in population, and why their age pyramid will suffocate their social security system in the coming decades. The shrinkage of Japan is one of that country's most serious long-term problems. Japan is losing around one million people a year despite having one of the highest life expectancies; a similar occurrence is happening in Russia and much of Europe. Some like the (US, Canada, Australia, and Britain) have maintained healthy replacement levels of population growth thanks to open immigration. Again, I have no way to say that immigration does not have any problems, but the effect is very mixed, and should theoretically be beneficial.

So many people stream across our border illegally and our government struggles to do any thing about it.

I think we should treat it the same way they do area 51, post signs in every language that state if you get within a certain distance you'll be shot. Only an desperate idiot or a terrorist would try to cross with those signs up. We could build sniper towers and post highly trained special opps to patrol our border. I am not saying each and every person trying to cross would die, but if they didn't listen to reason they would get an arm or a leg blown off.

let them come. If they pass a background check for no criminal record (other than being here illegally, or using a SSN for employment purposes only) let them stay. I'm good with that. :eusa_angel:

Well, the rest of the citizens aren't "good with that." In fact, the country itself isn't "good with that."

Well, the rest of the citizens aren't "good with that." In fact, the country itself isn't "good with that."

Agreed Unkotare. What part of "illegal" is hard to understand, I say let the people who belive it's OK to just "be here" pay for those to "be here" The left wants the hispanic vote base, and they are playing the game. I live in the people's republic of Maryland, where we already give illegals drivers licenses and in state tuition for college. Now the mayor of Baltimore has told law enforcement that they can't even question a person's legal status, even when arrested for a crime. makes me sick...
Mayor seeks to allay immigrant fears - baltimoresun.com

Not only this, but illegals do jobs that Americans won't do - at that wage. .

You don't even understand what you wrote there, do you? That's sad.

Sounds a little unclear, maybe, but it's understandable. There is no doubt that the average American would do some back-breaking fruit-picking. But they won't do so at the wage that an illegal will. I write that because it's not entirely correct when people say they do "Americans won't do." They will do them, but only at a higher - and likely uncompetitive - wage.

Feel free to respond to the rest of my post.

Not only this, but illegals do jobs that Americans won't do - at that wage. .

You don't even understand what you wrote there, do you? That's sad.

Sounds a little unclear, maybe, but it's understandable. There is no doubt that the average American would do some back-breaking fruit-picking. But they won't do so at the wage that an illegal will. I write that because it's not entirely correct when people say they do "Americans won't do." They will do them, but only at a higher - and likely uncompetitive - wage.

Feel free to respond to the rest of my post.

Holy shit you're stupid.

And why is the wage so low....? :rolleyes:

Nothing you can do ,your government could give a fuck about illegals,If they did they would not be here.....its the next generation of worker bees,any chance of change would be to get rid of what we got for a president.....:cuckoo::cuckoo:

So, you support identity theft? Is that for everyone, or just illegal immigrants?

How would you feel if your social security retirement was stopped because they decided suddenly that your husband was alive and working in California and you had no money to hire or lawyer or get to California to prove it wasn't your husband?

Social Security fraud is not a victimless crime.

Nothing you can do ,your government could give a fuck about illegals,If they did they would not be here.....its the next generation of worker bees,any chance of change would be to get rid of what we got for a president.....:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Republican or Democrat, politicians are all in favor of illegals, against the wishes of the people and the health of the country.

It's about time for a 2nd revolution. We are no longer being represented by our government and according to the Declaration of Independence that gives us not only the right, but the duty to change our government.

Turn the country into a giant stockade with sniper towers and special opp troops stationed on a 2000 mile border? Thankfully your solution will go nowhere.

Republican or Democrat, politicians are all in favor of illegals, against the wishes of the people and the health of the country.

It's about time for a 2nd revolution. We are no longer being represented by our government and according to the Declaration of Independence that gives us not only the right, but the duty to change our government.

Not sure what the agenda is, but the white man will be pushed out for sure , then it will become one giant toilet......:eusa_whistle:

Agreed Unkotare. What part of "illegal" is hard to understand, I say let the people who belive it's OK to just "be here" pay for those to "be here" The left wants the hispanic vote base, and they are playing the game. I live in the people's republic of Maryland, where we already give illegals drivers licenses and in state tuition for college. Now the mayor of Baltimore has told law enforcement that they can't even question a person's legal status, even when arrested for a crime. makes me sick...
Mayor seeks to allay immigrant fears - baltimoresun.com

Well that's nice Unkotare - except it isn't true. There's a guy in Sugar Land, Texas who is of the exact same opinion. And another guy in La Jolla, California. So that's three of us right there! Hell, I'd bet there may be even more than three people in the USA who feel the same way.
So you're wrong when you say "the rest of the citizens" and "the country itself isn't good with that." Shockingly, not everyone in the entire USA agrees with you. Oh well. They don't all agree with me either.

I just rendered my opinion and I stand by it. Instead of banal generalities, would you like to tell my why you are of a different opinion?

So, you support identity theft? Is that for everyone, or just illegal immigrants?

How would you feel if your social security retirement was stopped because they decided suddenly that your husband was alive and working in California and you had no money to hire or lawyer or get to California to prove it wasn't your husband?

Social Security fraud is not a victimless crime.

Hmmm. I hadn't considered the effect on SSI etc... I thought they just used the number to get a paycheck but unlike all the "internet people", I don't claim to be any expert on everything.
Okay. So if they used someone's SSN, they would have to compensate them for any damages done and apologize, or leave. Otherwise, I'm fine with full amnesty for anyone who can pass a background check. I think it would be nice if we gave them a welcome package of some kind too! Maybe the University of Chicago's Spanish / English dictionary and some Rosetta Stone CD's!

[

BTW, Japan doesn't exactly take in immigrants...they have a lot of foreign workers...but you can't get into their country and become a Japanese citizen, they don't let you do that.

Well, that's not exactly true, but it is rather difficult.

It's true according to the Japanese teachers I spoke to...did they change the law?

No change. There have always been procedures for applying for Japanese citizenship, they are just really tough and not approved so very often.

Forum List

Back