How much should it cost?

I don't know about a Taurus, but our 2002 V-6 Camry cost us over $200 for plugs. The front three are easy. It's the ones in the back that require half the engine to be taken apart to gain access.

Engineering things to cost so much is reprehensible. To change headlight bulbs in a Renault now requires taking most of the front end off, and tools only the Renault garage has.

Engineering things to cost so much is reprehensible. To change headlight bulbs in a Renault now requires taking most of the front end off, and tools only the Renault garage has.
I had a '76 Camaro and the plug on the right side next to the firewall required a special plug wrench. From day one till 4 years later the plug had never been replaced and I found out about it when I tried to change the plug. In 1980 I spent around $75 for a stupid wrench.

Two hours. I've always done them myself but today with one hundred thousand miles between changes we've had cars (all American made of course) passed on to our children before we changed them. Anyone here remember setting points and plugs? The big item today with cars is labor costs, as Car dealers make much of their profit on maintenance.

514 to replace coil plugs and fuel filter - Taurus Car Club of America Ford Taurus Forum

My Mechanic wants 400.00 to change my spark plugs and wires Yahoo Answers

To change spark plugs in a 2004 ford tauris v-6?

Should cost 2.4 hours for a tune up @ whatever your mechanic charges per hour + parts. Figure $10 each for double platinum plugs and $50 for ignition coil boots. Change the air filter and fuel filter while you're there.

I don't know about a Taurus, but our 2002 V-6 Camry cost us over $200 for plugs. The front three are easy. It's the ones in the back that require half the engine to be taken apart to gain access.

What ? Not true on that particular engine. Toyota actually made space to be able to get your hands on the back spark plugs without removing the intake manifold. Not all cars are that fortunate though. ANd if you DO have it done, Do NOT reuse the intake manifold gasket. Spend the $30 or so and get a new one.

In NY you can take your car to one of the school system's vocational training centers and they'll do the job for the cost of the parts, no labor charge,

as part of the auto tech classes.

Forum List

Back