How much of your paycheck do you want the US to spend on Israeli defense?

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
I see a lot of people on here wanting the US to run it's foreign policy on what's the best way to defend Israel.

So that leads me to ask, what percentage or how much do you WANT taken out of your check to pay for their country's defense?

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Give me a number, I want a number that would make you look at your paycheck and say "Gee, I'm sure glad I don't have that money to spend on my own free will and that it'll be used to protect a foreign country I like even though they have their own taxes and defense."

10%?

$200 a month?

What is it?

I see a lot of people on here wanting the US to run it's foreign policy on what's the best way to defend Israel.

So that leads me to ask, what percentage or how much do you WANT taken out of your check to pay for their country's defense?

ZERO. We can't even afford to defend our own country....

ZERO. We can't even afford to defend our own country....

Well I hear a lot of people who sound more concerned with Israel's defense than our own so I figured it was a valid question.

Let's see the contestants choices Dan! Is it behind door number one, door number two or door number three?
(And don't forget, all contestants receive a home version of Pick That Number!)

NONE. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

HOWEVER, I also believe that means we no longer have the right to hold the leash on Israel's military when they decide to smoke that new nuclear reactor in Iran or to turn the Egyptian military into a smoldering pile of rubbish the first time the new Egyptian government turns a wayward eye towards the border.

NONE. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

HOWEVER, I also believe that means we no longer have the right to hold the leash on Israel's military when they decide to smoke that new nuclear reactor in Iran or to turn the Egyptian military into a smoldering pile of rubbish the first time the new Egyptian government turns a wayward eye towards the border.

I'm doubting Israel would choose to have a war with every middle eastern country around it and a heightened potential of an internal revolution.

You're right though, we should start respecting Israel's independence instead of pretending it's the 51st state of our union.

None. If I could chose, my taxes would go to rebuilding our nations infrastructure, providing preventative healthcare to all citizens and securing/defending our borders.

I do not want the federal government to spend a single penny on any country other than our own. We have too many things to do in our country to provide for our own people.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
If I still lived there and had a choice ?
I'd tell them to give half of my tax payments..........................................................to Amadinejad !
Fuck IsntReal
Every problem the world now has, began there.

I'm doubting Israel would choose to have a war with every middle eastern country around it and a heightened potential of an internal revolution.

You're right though, we should start respecting Israel's independence instead of pretending it's the 51st state of our union.

That's where we'll disagree. I have no doubt that Israel is both ready and willing to take on all comers, militarily. I'm also quite sure they couldn't care any less about the "international community".

In reality the only way for the Middle East to finally settle down will be for Israel to once again kick the ass of all comers and finally drill it into the heads of their enemies that they're not going away. Only then will these other countries begin to normalize relations with Israel.

That's where we'll disagree. I have no doubt that Israel is both ready and willing to take on all comers, militarily. I'm also quite sure they couldn't care any less about the "international community".

In reality the only way for the Middle East to finally settle down will be for Israel to once again kick the ass of all comers and finally drill it into the heads of their enemies that they're not going away. Only then will these other countries begin to normalize relations with Israel.

I think them battering the poor and destitute people of Palestine has given you a false sense of their military prowess. The United States was defeated by Vietnam because the people of Vietnam were willing to fight with their bare hands until none of them were left. You'd see the same thing with regards to pretty much the entire middle east in terms of Israel.

By "normalize" you mean submit, right?

I think them battering the poor and destitute people of Palestine has given you a false sense of their military prowess. The United States was defeated by Vietnam because the people of Vietnam were willing to fight with their bare hands until none of them were left. You'd see the same thing with regards to pretty much the entire middle east in terms of Israel.

Hopefully you're just young and naive, and not as dumb as this post implies.

We were not defeated in Vietnam numb nuts. Essentially, th anti-war crowd was successful in defunding the war effort which made fighting it fruitless. Tet was a major military defeat for the Commies, but solidified the anti-war base at home.

Oh, and btw... Cronkite was a shitbag. Thanks Walter for the slanted reporting.
Buh bye.

Oh boy, a "I hate the jews" thread!!!!!

I'll give this board credit, in other forums it usually takes less than 15 posts before you get someone doing their best Jesse Jackson impersonation and pathetically pulling the race/religion card as fast as they can.

Oh boy, a "I hate the jews" thread!!!!!

Why is it hatred of Jewish people just to not want one's country to put Israel before itself? Any time that someone says the US should help its own people before helping Israel, I never take it as an indication that the speaker hates me. I just take it as an opinion about foreign policy and tax expenditures.

Hopefully you're just young and naive, and not as dumb as this post implies.

We were not defeated in Vietnam numb nuts. Essentially, th anti-war crowd was successful in defunding the war effort which made fighting it fruitless. Tet was a major military defeat for the Commies, but solidified the anti-war base at home.

Oh, and btw... Cronkite was a shitbag. Thanks Walter for the slanted reporting.
Buh bye.

Ok we fought in a war, didn't win and the other side got everything they wanted, you can attach whatever verbage you want to that. I couldn't care less.

Forum List

Back