How much of Trump's adoration is based on pure celebrity?

Yep. That's why people from across the political spectrum just don't understand the psychology of this adoration, and are trying to.

The funny (kind of) thing here is that these folks think I'm talking about Trump. They always do. They don't see it.
“Adoration” - when your political opponents support a candidate and you need to call that support something with unhealthy negative insinuations..,

So lame

It (celebrity status) has nothing to do with it for me. I never watched "The Apprentice" I can't stand reality shows. I never followed up on him or his life, I do remember him being handsome. When he did the debates, you really got a sense of things and he hated Hillary as much as I do. I have hated her since the 1990's. So when he ran, I thought, why not? I like this man and he was very good at speaking to the public. As I got to know him and noticed the Liberals hated his guts because they were afraid of him, he was my MAN! :)

Yep. That's why people from across the political spectrum just don't understand the psychology of this adoration, and are trying to.

The funny (kind of) thing here is that these folks think I'm talking about Trump. They always do. They don't see it.
:cuckoo:

It (celebrity status) has nothing to do with it for me. I never watched "The Apprentice" I can't stand reality shows. I never followed up on him or his life, I do remember him being handsome. When he did the debates, you really got a sense of things and he hated Hillary as much as I do. I have hated her since the 1990's. So when he ran, I thought, why not? I like this man and he was very good at speaking to the public. As I got to know him and noticed the Liberals hated his guts because they were afraid of him, he was my MAN! :)
I never liked Trump when he was doing his Apprentice gig so his celebrity meant nothing to me.

We know that anything critical said of Donald Trump will be met with screams of TDS! so that the question will be avoided, and that's fine. For the rest of us:

America is clearly a celebrity-driven country. We know that people like Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian and zillions of YouTubers and TickTockers and InstaGrammers have achieved great wealth and fame and wide acceptance while demonstrating essentially zero actual talent, zero intellect, and zero actual utility. And importantly, some of these people are essentially playing "the bad guy", an anti-hero who people love because their behaviors are anti-social and negative.

This is a terribly shallow way to achieve success, but it sure does work. In America.

At the same time, there is a significant percentage percentage of this country which, literally, loves him. This appears to be a real love, a personal adoration, something that is deep and emotional and real. He's a part of their lives that appears to be at least as important to them as their family and their religion. And while anyone who can't understand this is attacked, it's still fair to wonder about it.

So here's my question: Surely there is an element of celebrity in this adoration. To what degree does celebrity play in this intense love for such a person? Is he the anti-hero, like a pro wrestling star? And not coincidentally, he has "performed" at pro wrestling events. Thoughts?
None. It’s based on the fact that he rationalizes cruelty and makes the hateful feel good about being hateful.

How much of Trump's adoration is based on pure celebrity​

I would guess very little.

those tens of a million dont care if food prices are high in other countries.....they see what they see at the check out line at the store.....a few short years ago this country used to feed the world as well as ourselves,what happened?....its called incompetence with those who are in charge....
Greedy Capitalists are in charge. Next?

No, people are obsessed because Trump is a bloviating lair and he never met a microphone he didn't like.

You got that right, it's a cult and Trump knows his cult.

Like I said THAT isn't going to happen.

Fox News Hosts Fawn Over Trump Debate Performance

View attachment 828279
Mediaite
https://www.mediaite.com › TV
Sep 30, 2020 — President Donald Trump received broad criticism for his loud and interrupting behavior during the first presidential debate of 2020.

Criminals usually do get "Hate-fueled obsession"

Sure................Like teabaggers are over Biden?

Impeachment, government shutdown threats loom over ...

View attachment 828281
CNN.com
https://www.cnn.com › 2023/09/11 › politics › impeach...
23 hours ago — ... growing calls on the right to impeach President Joe Biden, ... at the US Capitol Building on July 14, 2023, in Washington, DC.

But...but...but Biden`s kid owns a laptop! :abgg2q.jpg:

I almost feel bad for you Mac/Gigi. I voted for Trump twice and it looks like I will vote for him again, yet I don't give him the scintilla of attention that you do.

My post history vs. yours here confirms this. I would never, have never that I remember, written a "think piece" like this about Trump. For pity's sake. Throughout my day I hardly give him a thought. While you seem OBSESSED.

Your lack of awareness is both sad and funny.
Funny shit. You never think about Trump but you”ll obediently vote for him as you did in the past.

That’s cult behavior NotSoSweetSue

And as to how much of this adoration is because of his celebrity status?

Most. At least in the beginning. Now it’s cult like

Last edited:
Post 150, you dense moron.

YOU- "Democrats convince you you need Government to succeed. Of course you are talking about Trump it's in the title of the thread".

My response- www.huffpost.com › entry › biden-maui-wildfiresGOPers Rip Biden's Maui Wildfire Response. They All Opposed ...

Forum List

Back