How much is gas where you are at..

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
Ours is 3.57 a gallon. In the past two weeks our gas has went up 2x , 10 cents each pop.. I guess that 4.00 a gallon by spring is true. I heard on the radio they are predicting 5.00 a gallon by the end of Oct.. This is crazy .. We need to ok the pipeline and start more drilling in Alaska and the gulf. China is already going to start drilling right off of FL so what is the difference to the environmentalist if we also do it. Because if China makes a mistake its still going on our shores

I bought it at $3.349 today. It always goes up 30 or 40 cents at a time and then takes a week and half to get back down a little at a time. Last Feb 9, 2011 I paid $3.039 so I paid 31 cents more a gallon this year. Remember 5 cents or so of that increase is because of the abolition of the ethanol subsidy Congress did away with last year.

If it is a politically stable year (does not look that way) the price will rise about $1- $1.50 this spring and summer because of supply and demand and the natural cost of adding the summer blend chemicals to gas. If there is trouble in the oil producing regions and/or a major hurricane in the Gulf look out for $5 a gallon or higher.

When you include the tax breaks for the oil companies, the environment damage done by fossil fuels, and the trillions we spend in the Middle East protecting the oil supply with our military, the real cost of a gallon of gas is probably closer to $18.

If we switched to alternative energy and conservation, we wouldn't have all these additional costs.

Current price of a gallon of gasoline: $3.70

+ Known Off-Balance Sheet Costs:

1. The “Security Premium,” or military spending. ($700bn – 1 Trillion): +$4-6/gal

2. Externalized pollution costs on human mortality ($345 billion according to the Union of Concerned Scientists) : +$2-3/gal

3. Gov’t subsidies, traffic, accidents, free parking ($200-400bn via Center for Technology Assessment), etc: +$1-3/gal

Actual cost of a gallon of gas = $10.70 to $15.70

What’s The Real Cost of Gas in America? | Dylan Ratigan

Ours is 3.57 a gallon. In the past two weeks our gas has went up 2x , 10 cents each pop.. I guess that 4.00 a gallon by spring is true. I heard on the radio they are predicting 5.00 a gallon by the end of Oct.. This is crazy .. We need to ok the pipeline and start more drilling in Alaska and the gulf. China is already going to start drilling right off of FL so what is the difference to the environmentalist if we also do it. Because if China makes a mistake its still going on our shores

...where you are at?

But at least in densely populated locales you have the option of walking.

Imagine the nightmare for people who live in rural areas, who have to drive miles and miles to even reach a store......

Obama's lovely policies meant to force those that survive them to the metropolis...isn't life grand...

$3.43 here, more or less. And I'm thankful that I live within walking distance to work and the kids' school.

Forum List

Back