How much debt did GWB add? the truth

Still, the dipshit in office now has added more than any other pres. in history. It does not matter what GWB did or did not do, this is all dipshits in office now problem.
noooooo, he hasn't....i proved such but YOU and others like you refuse to make yourselves knowledgeable.

per our Treasury, so far under Obama's fiscal reign, oct 1, 2009(his first fiscal budget) through july 21, 2011,(most recent national debt numbers) $2.4 trillion has been added to the national debt.

only in your dreams is $2.4 trillion MORE than $6.1 trillion:cuckoo:

obama is ''trending'' at a rate that will eventually outdo the debt added under president bush, but by NO WAY does it beat the national debt added under pres. bush, not by a long shot, at least not yet!

Why do you keep doing this?
UPDATE: This graph is now over one year old. For up to date information see this post: Budget 2011: Past Deficits vs. Obama’s Deficits in Pictures

President Barack Obama has repeatedly claimed that his budget would cut the deficit by half by the end of his term. But as Heritage analyst Brian Riedl has pointed out, given that Obama has already helped quadruple the deficit with his stimulus package, pledging to halve it by 2013 is hardly ambitious. The Washington Post has a great graphic which helps put President Obama’s budget deficits in context of President Bush’s.
What’s driving Obama’s unprecedented massive deficits? Spending. Riedl details:
President Bush expanded the federal budget by a historic $700 billion through 2008. President Obama would add another $1 trillion.
President Bush began a string of expensive finan*cial bailouts. President Obama is accelerating that course.
President Bush created a Medicare drug entitle*ment that will cost an estimated $800 billion in its first decade. President Obama has proposed a $634 billion down payment on a new govern*ment health care fund.
President Bush increased federal education spending 58 percent faster than inflation. Presi*dent Obama would double it.
President Bush became the first President to spend 3 percent of GDP on federal antipoverty programs. President Obama has already in*creased this spending by 20 percent.
President Bush tilted the income tax burden more toward upper-income taxpayers. President Obama would continue that trend.
President Bush presided over a $2.5 trillion increase in the public debt through 2008. Setting aside 2009 (for which Presidents Bush and Obama share responsibility for an additional $2.6 trillion in public debt), President Obama’s budget would add $4.9 trillion in public debt from the beginning of 2010 through 2016.
UPDATE: Many Obama defenders in the comments are claiming that the numbers above do not include spending on Iraq and Afghanistan during the Bush years. They most certainly do. While Bush did fund the wars through emergency supplementals (not the regular budget process), that spending did not simply vanish. It is included in the numbers above. Also, some Obama defenders are claiming the graphic above represents biased Heritage Foundation numbers. While we stand behind the numbers we put out 100%, the numbers, and the graphic itself, above are from the Washington Post. We originally left out the link to WaPo. It has now been added.
CLARIFICATION: Of course, this Washington Post graphic does not perfectly delineate budget surpluses and deficits by administration. President Bush took office in January 2001, and therefore played a lead role in crafting the FY 2002-2008 budgets. Presidents Bush and Obama share responsibility for the FY 2009 budget deficit that overlaps their administrations, before President Obama assumes full budgetary responsibility beginning in FY 2010. Overall, President Obama’s budget would add twice as much debt as President Bush over the same number of years.

GWB ADDED ABOUT 3 TRILLION, MAYBE LESS, MAYBE MORE
INTEREST ON THE DEBT HE INHERITED FROM OTHERS ADDED THE REST
OBAMA HAS COME CLOSE TO EQUALING THAT IN HIS FIRST 30 MONTHS

Bush Deficit vs. Obama Deficit in Pictures
JRK, one of the quotes linked me to the Obama.gov figures, which Trajan used. He's going the safe route, which cannot be disputed by Obama's supporters, even if the numbers are potentially not as correct as they could be or even cooked to make Obama look good. That's what I linked to earlier to compute the differences in terms of annual spending differences.

Trajan the wise was doing his best to have an irrefutable post, as he is very careful with his figures. To err on the side of caution is wise.
My guess is he knows a good CPA and has learned from one of the best not to ever even remotely lie with numbers when figures thrown out to the public are involved.

He's professionally wise.

See what I mean? http://www.usmessageboard.com/3910653-post61.html

Last edited:
well, what you are getting is wrong, why give boooooosh a pass? :lol:

from a post 20 minutes a head of your on the same page (1);

September 29, 2008 12:20 PM

Bush Administration Adds $4 Trillion To National Debt

By
Mark Knoller

It's the biggest increase under any president in U.S history.

On the day President Bush took office, the national debt stood at $5.727 trillion. The latest number from the Treasury Department shows the national debt now stands at more than $9.849 trillion. That's a 71.9 percent increase on Mr. Bush's watch.

more at-

Bush Administration Adds $4 Trillion To National Debt - Couric & Co. - CBS News

Now, even f they did not add iraq or afghan. which they do not say or not,

they came to; approx. 850 Billion.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL33110.pdf

so lets call it 5.5 and not quibble.

All this caterwauling about Bush is silly. I did a little figuring from the link you provided, and barring a glaring math error, my calculations were:

Obama Treasury Depart Information

Clinton, 12/29/2000----------$5,662,216,013,697.37 - 8 years

Bush, 12/31/2008------------$10,699,804,864,612.13 - 8 years

Obama, 7/21/2010-----------$14,342,884,944,996.28 - 2.84 years

Bush, per annum.................$5.037,588,850,914/8 = $629,698,606.364./annum

Obama, per annum..............Error on this line see post I didn't delete, above, please.

I took the liberty of taking out the pennies. Our WTC was devastated on 9/11/2001, just a few months after Bush took office. He spent the duration of his presidency ensuring the safety of the American people. For it, people complain about the cost. So I'm not posting to cast any aspersions on anyone, I'm just saying Bush held the line on overspending. Obama is just out there on his bully pulpit every day, using it to damage the reputations of Republicans trying to pull in some of the spending. It's troubling to me they're still beating up on Bush three years into this administration. Enough is enough.
becki, YOU are using the WRONG start and stop dates.

clinton's FIRST fiscal budget began oct 1, 1993 and his LAST FISCAL budget ENDED sept 30, 2001. THOSE are the 8 fiscal years attributed to president clinton....in every history book or economics book or stat book you read will list those dates as his fiscal responsibility.

SO if you take it from there, president bush's FIRST FISCAL budget began for him, oct 1, 2001 and ended for his 8 fiscal years, sept 30, 2009

and that means with obama his first fiscal budget began oct 1, 2009, and will end, if he gets 8 years, sept 30, 2017.

use the dates above, WHICH ARE THE ACCURATE fiscal years attributed to each one of those presidents, your numbers will be accurate...and match the writen history.

Care4All I have been trying to fix my post. I used info based on what was available at the website Trajan posted, which didn't start on Clinton's first day in office. I'm sorry for my math errors, too. When I was editing, and entered my edit, it wound up as a double post later. I have no idea why. To make matters worse, my husband is pressuring me to go to lunch right now. So sorry, I'll have to come back later. I ran my computer through my antivirus before I got here. It picks up over 50 threats per visit here. It never stops, but something is going on at this website, and I'm not enough of a computer geek to figure out why my computer is being tracked and attacked almost constantly here.

Still, the dipshit in office now has added more than any other pres. in history. It does not matter what GWB did or did not do, this is all dipshits in office now problem.
noooooo, he hasn't....i proved such but YOU and others like you refuse to make yourselves knowledgeable.

per our Treasury, so far under Obama's fiscal reign, oct 1, 2009(his first fiscal budget) through july 21, 2011,(most recent national debt numbers) $2.4 trillion has been added to the national debt.

obama is ''trending'' at a rate that will eventually outdo the debt added under president bush, but by NO WAY does it beat the national debt added under pres. bush, not by a long shot, at least not yet!

UPDATE: This graph is now over one year old. For up to date information see this post: Budget 2011: Past Deficits vs. Obama’s Deficits in Pictures

President Barack Obama has repeatedly claimed that his budget would cut the deficit by half by the end of his term. But as Heritage analyst Brian Riedl has pointed out, given that Obama has already helped quadruple the deficit with his stimulus package, pledging to halve it by 2013 is hardly ambitious. The Washington Post has a great graphic which helps put President Obama’s budget deficits in context of President Bush’s.
President Bush expanded the federal budget by a historic $700 billion through 2008. President Obama would add another $1 trillion.
President Bush began a string of expensive finan*cial bailouts. President Obama is accelerating that course.
President Bush created a Medicare drug entitle*ment that will cost an estimated $800 billion in its first decade. President Obama has proposed a $634 billion down payment on a new govern*ment health care fund.
President Bush increased federal education spending 58 percent faster than inflation. Presi*dent Obama would double it.
President Bush became the first President to spend 3 percent of GDP on federal antipoverty programs. President Obama has already in*creased this spending by 20 percent.
President Bush tilted the income tax burden more toward upper-income taxpayers. President Obama would continue that trend.
President Bush presided over a $2.5 trillion increase in the public debt through 2008. Setting aside 2009 (for which Presidents Bush and Obama share responsibility for an additional $2.6 trillion in public debt), President Obama’s budget would add $4.9 trillion in public debt from the beginning of 2010 through 2016.
UPDATE: Many Obama defenders in the comments are claiming that the numbers above do not include spending on Iraq and Afghanistan during the Bush years. They most certainly do. While Bush did fund the wars through emergency supplementals (not the regular budget process), that spending did not simply vanish. It is included in the numbers above. Also, some Obama defenders are claiming the graphic above represents biased Heritage Foundation numbers. While we stand behind the numbers we put out 100%, the numbers, and the graphic itself, above are from the Washington Post. We originally left out the link to WaPo. It has now been added.
CLARIFICATION: Of course, this Washington Post graphic does not perfectly delineate budget surpluses and deficits by administration. President Bush took office in January 2001, and therefore played a lead role in crafting the FY 2002-2008 budgets. Presidents Bush and Obama share responsibility for the FY 2009 budget deficit that overlaps their administrations, before President Obama assumes full budgetary responsibility beginning in FY 2010. Overall, President Obama’s budget would add twice as much debt as President Bush over the same number of years.

all you are doing is quoting MANIPULATED bull crap....

WHY do you keep doing that, huh?n Why?

There is no getting around this, NONE.

President clinton's fiscal years of responsibility ran 10/1/1993- 9/30/2001

Why in the heck are you not saying that President Bush made changes to affect Clinton's last budget and make bush take credit for reducing the size of our surplus by BILLIONS, due to the tax breaks and stimulus checks he sent out to us that august, and the 15 billion given to the airlines right after 9/11....ALL before Clinton's fiscal end?

It doesn't matter what Bush did to affect Clinton's last year of fiscal responsibility!!!

Just like it does not matter what minor things Obama did to affect the last fiscal year of President Bush......YOU CAN'T change the rules midstream....no matter how much you try...

ALL HISTORY BOOKS will attribute fiscal 2009 to President Bush, and NOT to President Bush and Obama, but solely to President Bush....it is HIS FISCAL YEAR, period.

As a matter of discussion, we can say what Bush spent under the last fiscal year of Clinton's, and as a matter of discussion we can say what we think Obama added to President Bush's last fiscal year, but when all is said and done the 2001 budget still goes to Clinton and the 2009 budget still goes to Pres. Bush.

And according to the budget that President Bush turned in to congress for his last fiscal year, fiscal 2009....his budget would have had a $1 trillion dollar deficit, due to tax revenues not coming in as President bush had planned in his budget. then you take that fact that we had the financial collapse which WAS NOT in his budget projection that he turned in to congress, and the tarp and fannie and freddie bailouts that were also not in his budget calculations, and you add in the Obama actions that did make it in to the 2009 budget of about 200 billion, and it comes to the nearly $1.5 deficit for 2009....

if you want to pretend that it does not work this way and want to pretend you can split up fiscal year obligations among 2 different presidents then President Bush added 1.3 trillion to the national debt for 2009 and obama contributed 200 billion towards it....

Like I said, if you want to PLAY 'PRETEND'.....

but for those of us who do not PLAY "PRETEND" the entire fiscal 2009 sits in President Bush's court.

I suggest others go to the link provided in the OP and read about this source, the blogs author and his some background. A quick perusal reveals this quote by the author:

"I previously served as Executive Director of the Conservative Victory Fund; Director of Public Affairs for the National Republican Congressional Committee; and as the Republican National Committee’s liaison to the White House Political Affairs Office during the Reagan Administration. I also wrote a full page political column for the conservative weekly Human Events, and a front page article in the Washington Post described me as one of the eight leading activists in the New Right."

In that case it ought to be easy for you to point out the fallacies and mis-statements.

But you can't. Because it is the truth.

Anyone remember the US being put on watch for downgrade by any agency? Even back in the 1990s when the gov't shut down?
No, I don't either.

Rabbi thats part of my point. The only people in the media providing the truth are conservatives. So when they do provide it, it is taken as partisan.
....Primarily because "conservatives'" Conclusion(s) always entitle them to live tax-free.

Funny how that always works-out.....

handjob.gif

all you are doing is quoting MANIPULATED bull crap....

WHY do you keep doing that, huh?n Why?

There is no getting around this, NONE.

President clinton's fiscal years of responsibility ran 10/1/1993- 9/30/2001

Why in the heck are you not saying that President Bush made changes to affect Clinton's last budget and make bush take credit for reducing the size of our surplus by BILLIONS, due to the tax breaks and stimulus checks he sent out to us that august, and the 15 billion given to the airlines right after 9/11....ALL before Clinton's fiscal end?

It doesn't matter what Bush did to affect Clinton's last year of fiscal responsibility!!!

Just like it does not matter what minor things Obama did to affect the last fiscal year of President Bush......YOU CAN'T change the rules midstream....no matter how much you try...

ALL HISTORY BOOKS will attribute fiscal 2009 to President Bush, and NOT to President Bush and Obama, but solely to President Bush....it is HIS FISCAL YEAR, period.

As a matter of discussion, we can say what Bush spent under the last fiscal year of Clinton's, and as a matter of discussion we can say what we think Obama added to President Bush's last fiscal year, but when all is said and done the 2001 budget still goes to Clinton and the 2009 budget still goes to Pres. Bush.

And according to the budget that President Bush turned in to congress for his last fiscal year, fiscal 2009....his budget would have had a $1 trillion dollar deficit, due to tax revenues not coming in as President bush had planned in his budget. then you take that fact that we had the financial collapse which WAS NOT in his budget projection that he turned in to congress, and the tarp and fannie and freddie bailouts that were also not in his budget calculations, and you add in the Obama actions that did make it in to the 2009 budget of about 200 billion, and it comes to the nearly $1.5 deficit for 2009....

if you want to pretend that it does not work this way and want to pretend you can split up fiscal year obligations among 2 different presidents then President Bush added 1.3 trillion to the national debt for 2009 and obama contributed 200 billion towards it....

Like I said, if you want to PLAY 'PRETEND'.....

but for those of us who do not PLAY "PRETEND" the entire fiscal 2009 sits in President Bush's court.

what history books will credit 2009 budget to GWB?
he didn't even sign the budget
Chill out, to start with
I do not understand what Clitnon has to do with me
I never have claimed Clinton did not have a surplus, really it was he GOP congress that had the surplus
Now thats with no Interest and for the year(s) not the total
the claim that Clinton left GWB with a surplus is Bull shit
he left him with a recession and then came along 9-11

Besides that whats with the denial?
tarp
stimulus
signing the budget into law march 2009
National Coalition for Homeless Veterans - President Obama Signs FY 2009 Budget into Law
I never tried to claim otherwise
do you not read my threads?

CHILL OUT

The Chart That Should Accompany All Discussions of the Debt Ceiling - James Fallows - Politics - The Atlantic

The Chart That Should Accompany All Discussions of the Debt Ceiling

Bush added 5.07 Trillion
Obama added 1.44 Trillion, including MORE tax breaks to working people than Bush!

STUDY IT!

Study what?
you will ignore the facts, why keep debating with people who have lost there minds?

What is wrong with you people
GWB did not even sign the 09 budget
you know why?
National Coalition for Homeless Veterans - President Obama Signs FY 2009 Budget into Law

GWB added less than 3 trillion
Obama had added over 2 in 30 months
with tarp and the failed stimulus thats 800 billion to 1 trillion alone
If you want to add interest, fine
that makes Clintons legacy go to crap and Obama has added about 4 trillion

Last edited:
The Bush Deficit, the Clinton Surplus and TARP by Gregory Hilton | The DC World Affairs Blog

Auditor 00007 just called me a liar on another thread when I stated how much debt GWB added without intrest from the total
09 is open for debate and to be honest the last GOP budget was 07
But thru 08 it was well below 2.5 trillion
thats the number I used
If we are to give 1/2 of 09 (he did not sign the 09 budget) to GWB then it would be close to 2.5 trillion

any-one want to contest the link I have?
Being called a liar is something I do not take lightly
BULLSHIT!!!!!! You LIAR!!!!!

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2010

Total National Debt
09/30/2008 - $10,024,724,896,912.49
09/30/2001 - $5,807,463,412,200.06

Aww go eassy on him he just can't do math.

The Chart That Should Accompany All Discussions of the Debt Ceiling - James Fallows - Politics - The Atlantic

The Chart That Should Accompany All Discussions of the Debt Ceiling

Bush added 5.07 Trillion
Obama added 1.44 Trillion, including MORE tax breaks to working people than Bush!

STUDY IT!

Study what?
you will ignore the facts, why keep debating with people who have lost there minds?

What is wrong with you people
GWB did not even sign the 09 budget
you know why?

GWB added less than 3 trillion
Obama had added over 2 in 30 months
with tarp and the failed stimulus thats 800 billion to 1 trillion alone
If you want to add interest, fine
that makes Clintons legacy go to crap and Obama has added about 4 trillion

Aww I thought you were just math challenged, it turns out you are a full fledged idjit.

there comes a point in time were one just says it has reached a point og agreeing to disagree
Obama’s July Deficit More Than Bush’s Deficit for 2007 | Impeach Obama Campaign
this link shows the defict for 2007
we had a dem controlled houde snd senate in 07- present with very close to a super majority in 09 when BHO signed the 09 budget

I guess that GWB should be held in account for a year that he did sign for an d the GOP had little or nothing to do with the final product
I ask a simple question and have peovided links that have information that has come from reputable sources

we can blame every president for the debt he inherited or we can judge that person on his or her performance
We wonder why our country faces the troubles it is facing today

Jrk, this is an article from Breibart that ran in JANUARY of 2009....
2009 budget deficit is estimated at $1.2 trillion

Jan 7, 2008 10:08 AM US/Eastern

WASHINGTON (AP) - The federal budget deficit will hit an unparalleled $1.2 trillion for the 2009 budget year, according to a Capitol Hill aide briefed on new Congressional Budget Office figures. The aide says the CBO also sees a $703 billion deficit for 2010.
The dismal figures come a day after President-elect Barack Obama warned of "trillion-dollar deficits for years to come."
CBO's figures don't account for the huge economic stimulus bill that Obama is expected to propose soon to try to jolt the economy. At the same time, they do not reflect the immediate cost of the Wall St. bailout.
The shrinking economy has led to a sharp drop in tax revenues, which is largely responsible for the deficit, along with about $350 billion in spending so far for the Wall St. bailout.
Obama and Congress are promising quick enactment of the economic recovery plan, which will blend up to $300 billion in tax cuts with big new spending programs and could cost up to $775 billion over the next few years.
The flood of red ink probably won't affect that measure but could crimp other items on Obama's agenda.
The $1.19 trillion 2009 figure shatters the previous record of $455 billion, set only last year. It also represents about 8 percent of the size of the economy, which is higher than the deficits of the 1980s. The 2009 budget year began last Oct. 1.
Obama was in office for 1 DAY and the estimated budget deficit for president Bush's last fiscal year budget, 2009 was already 1.2 trillion and NOT all of president Bush's TARP was calculated in the estimate, nor was the stimulus that Obama was told to have by president Bush and his economic gurus....and by other economic gurus as well!

JRK, I am not a big fan of Obama's, I did not and could not vote for him in 2008 because I was a huge Hillary fan, and whether I am right or wrong.... I felt she was dicked royally by the DNC and the obama campers.... I have no stake in making him look better....

I am a numbers person though....and have been for most of my career....crunching and analyzing numbers and trends and1 year and 5 year budgets and spending and cash flows and mark ups and gross profit and ROI's and turn rates.....fyi-this is why I am standing so firm on my position of this argument.

we must always compare and analyze APPLES TO APPLES....or whatever analysis done will not be meaningful or accurate.

We can NOT attribute only 7 fiscal years of responsibility to president Bush when he served 8 fiscal years, and then try to give the next president 9 years of fiscal budgets if he serves 8 years.

This is what it appears you are doing.

President Bush's first fiscal year of responsibility began october 1, 2001 with his 2002 fiscal budget.

FISCAL 2002-2009 ARE BUSH'S 8 YEARS of fiscal responsibility

if Obama serves 8 years his will be

FISCAL 2010-2017 are Obama's 8 years of fiscal responsibility. if you add 2009 to that as obamas then you are giving president bush 7 years of fiscal responsibility and giving Obama 9 years of fiscal responsibility....

it just does not work that way, and NEVER WILL work that way.....can you understand that?

you can see above what president is responsible for what fiscal years.

Also this could help you in understanding the differences of a budget deficit, national debt, public debt etc

The annual budget deficit is the difference between actual cash collections and budgeted spending (a partial measure of total spending) during a given fiscal year, which runs from October 1 to September 30. Since 1970, the U.S. Federal Government has run deficits for all but four years (1998–2001)[49] contributing to a total debt of $14.0 trillion as of December 2010.[50]
The U.S. Federal Government collected $2.52 trillion in FY2008, while budgeted spending was $2.98 trillion, generating a total deficit of $455 billion. However, during FY2008 the national debt increased by $1,017 billion, much more than the $455 billion deficit figure. This means actual expenditure was closer to $3.5 trillion (the $2.52 trillion in collections, all of which was spent, plus $1.0 trillion debt increase). The national debt represents the outstanding obligations of the government at any given time, comprising both public and intra-governmental debt. Differences between the annual deficit and annual change in the national debt include the treatment of the surplus Social Security payroll tax revenues (which increase the debt but not the deficit), supplemental appropriations for the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and earmarks.
United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WASHINGTON (AP) - The federal budget deficit will hit an unparalleled $1.2 trillion for the 2009 budget year, according to a Capitol Hill aide briefed on new Congressional Budget Office figures. The aide says the CBO also sees a $703 billion deficit for 2010.
The dismal figures come a day after President-elect Barack Obama warned of "trillion-dollar deficits for years to come."
CBO's figures don't account for the huge economic stimulus bill that Obama is expected to propose soon to try to jolt the economy. At the same time, they do not reflect the immediate cost of the Wall St. bailout.
The shrinking economy has led to a sharp drop in tax revenues, which is largely responsible for the deficit, along with about $350 billion in spending so far for the Wall St. bailout.
Obama and Congress are promising quick enactment of the economic recovery plan, which will blend up to $300 billion in tax cuts with big new spending programs and could cost up to $775 billion over the next few years.
The flood of red ink probably won't affect that measure but could crimp other items on Obama's agenda.
The $1.19 trillion 2009 figure shatters the previous record of $455 billion, set only last year. It also represents about 8 percent of the size of the economy, which is higher than the deficits of the 1980s. The 2009 budget year began last Oct. 1.
Obama was in office for 1 DAY and the estimated budget deficit for president Bush's last fiscal year budget, 2009 was already 1.2 trillion and NOT all of president Bush's TARP was calculated in the estimate, nor was the stimulus that Obama was told to have by president Bush and his economic gurus....and by other economic gurus as well!

JRK, I am not a big fan of Obama's, I did not and could not vote for him in 2008 because I was a huge Hillary fan, and whether I am right or wrong.... I felt she was dicked royally by the DNC and the obama campers.... I have no stake in making him look better....

I am a numbers person though....and have been for most of my career....crunching and analyzing numbers and trends and1 year and 5 year budgets and spending and cash flows and mark ups and gross profit and ROI's and turn rates.....fyi-this is why I am standing so firm on my position of this argument.

we must always compare and analyze APPLES TO APPLES....or whatever analysis done will not be meaningful or accurate.

We can NOT attribute only 7 fiscal years of responsibility to president Bush when he served 8 fiscal years, and then try to give the next president 9 years of fiscal budgets if he serves 8 years.

President Bush's first fiscal year of responsibility began october 1, 2001 with his 2002 fiscal budget.

FISCAL 2010-2017 are Obama's 8 years of fiscal responsibility. if you add 2009 to that as obamas then you are giving president bush 7 years of fiscal responsibility and giving Obama 9 years of fiscal responsibility....

it just does not work that way, and NEVER WILL work that way.....can you understand that?

Also this could help you in understanding the differences of a budget deficit, national debt, public debt etc

The annual budget deficit is the difference between actual cash collections and budgeted spending (a partial measure of total spending) during a given fiscal year, which runs from October 1 to September 30. Since 1970, the U.S. Federal Government has run deficits for all but four years (1998–2001)[49] contributing to a total debt of $14.0 trillion as of December 2010.[50]
The U.S. Federal Government collected $2.52 trillion in FY2008, while budgeted spending was $2.98 trillion, generating a total deficit of $455 billion. However, during FY2008 the national debt increased by $1,017 billion, much more than the $455 billion deficit figure. This means actual expenditure was closer to $3.5 trillion (the $2.52 trillion in collections, all of which was spent, plus $1.0 trillion debt increase). The national debt represents the outstanding obligations of the government at any given time, comprising both public and intra-governmental debt. Differences between the annual deficit and annual change in the national debt include the treatment of the surplus Social Security payroll tax revenues (which increase the debt but not the deficit), supplemental appropriations for the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and earmarks.

*sigh*..so where does that leave us, I'll stand by 5.5 trillion aw hell make it 6 trillion.....

???

*sigh*..so where does that leave us, I'll stand by 5.5 trillion aw hell make it 6 trillion.....

???
to the penny it was 6.1 trillion added to the national debt under president bush's 8 years of fiscal responsibility.

in less than 2 years completed of obama's fiscal reign, he has added 2.4 trillion to the national debt....the debt figures go through last friday, but the fiscal year end of 2011 is not until sept 30,2011 so it could be as much as 2.6 to 3.0 in the full 2 years is my best guess.

Comparing the Bush debt to the Obama debt is like somebody saying that Keira Knightly's boobs are far bigger than Pam Andersons......C'mon..........and I dont even think that kind of analogy is an accurate illustration.

Anyway.......only the k00ks on internet nether-regions care about the Bush debt.

Don't forget that the 2009 deficit was Bush's. From the Cato Institute.
Don’t Blame Obama for Bush’s 2009 Deficit | Cato @ Liberty

200911_blog_mitchell2.jpg

That is modern day conservatism for you. They expand and bloat the government and then they bitch about it when they lose power and blame other people for the hole that they dug. The party of personal and fiscal responsibility shirk both.

So you have part of the stimulus
part of tarp
you have close to a super majority in both the houses
and BHO signs the budget into law march of 2009

sure its Bushes
The diff with the lib and I?
Part of it is GWB. How much is too debate
50% seems to be the agreement with us rational people

JRK, one of the quotes linked me to the Obama.gov figures, which Trajan used. He's going the safe route, which cannot be disputed by Obama's supporters, even if the numbers are potentially not as correct as they could be or even cooked to make Obama look good. That's what I linked to earlier to compute the differences in terms of annual spending differences.

Trajan the wise was doing his best to have an irrefutable post, as he is very careful with his figures. To err on the side of caution is wise.
My guess is he knows a good CPA and has learned from one of the best not to ever even remotely lie with numbers when figures thrown out to the public are involved.

He's professionally wise.

See what I mean? http://www.usmessageboard.com/3910653-post61.html

The question was not how much the total deficit grow
the question was how much did GWB add to it
There is a huge difference, about 50% of the total debt

2009 and who owns that debt is debatable
A dem congress wrote it
BHO signed it
His portion of tarp is in part within it
part of the failed job stimulus is in it

I have not lied, I have ask one simple question and his response is 100% deception
If your going to see ones debt the way he sees it
then part of that 5 trillion is Clinton's
W-1
RR
and Jimmy Cs

That is modern day conservatism for you. They expand and bloat the government and then they bitch about it when they lose power and blame other people for the hole that they dug. The party of personal and fiscal responsibility shirk both.

part of tarp

sure its Bushes

I look at this chart, and Obama's most rosey projections are still worse than Bush's worst year (2008).

Obama would consider it "progress" if we peel the the deficit back to 600 billion a year.

Here's the real problem. It's not that we aren't taxing the rich enough. Even if you completely repealed the Bush Tax cuts, you'd still have huge deficits. The rich will always find ways to protect and hide their money, which is why the effective tax rate is only about 20% of GDP. You raise taxes on the rich, they find less reasons to employ working folks.

The real problem is that the overall base of taxpayers have been shrinking. With the good manufacturing jobs going away, essentially, you have less revenues coming in. When you are running a trade deficit of 500 Billion a year, as we have been since the mid-90's, that is trillions that is vanishing from the macro-economy. That's why we have huge deficits.

We have been in trade deficit since 1976, and since then, the national debt has gone from a meager 600 Billion for all two hundred years of our history to about 14 TRILLION today.

Both parties are to blame because both of them drink down the "Free Trade" Koolaid that makes an American worker compete with someone in a third world rathole like it's a fair fight.

part of tarp

sure its Bushes

I look at this chart, and Obama's most rosey projections are still worse than Bush's worst year (2008).

Obama would consider it "progress" if we peel the the deficit back to 600 billion a year.

Here's the real problem. It's not that we aren't taxing the rich enough. Even if you completely repealed the Bush Tax cuts, you'd still have huge deficits. The rich will always find ways to protect and hide their money, which is why the effective tax rate is only about 20% of GDP. You raise taxes on the rich, they find less reasons to employ working folks.

The real problem is that the overall base of taxpayers have been shrinking. With the good manufacturing jobs going away, essentially, you have less revenues coming in. When you are running a trade deficit of 500 Billion a year, as we have been since the mid-90's, that is trillions that is vanishing from the macro-economy. That's why we have huge deficits.

We have been in trade deficit since 1976, and since then, the national debt has gone from a meager 600 Billion for all two hundred years of our history to about 14 TRILLION today.

Both parties are to blame because both of them drink down the "Free Trade" Koolaid that makes an American worker compete with someone in a third world rathole like it's a fair fight.

I agree
I also think the entire system is broke. I am for going to a system like Florida and Texas has also
The trade deficit is our own fault
only way to stop that is to stop buying junk made over seas

Hey guys, you do know Barack Obama is in charge now. He's in charge. He's in charge. You must one day FINALLY accept the fact that Barack Obama is in charge. It's HIS watch now. Not Bush's.

But let not the GOP brand forget to keep on blaming Clinton.........and Carter.....but Bush? Free pass!

Forum List

Back