How much debt did GWB add? the truth

Hey NYC -

pull your nose out of Obama's ass for a moment and tell us ........

"How much debt has Obama added?"

A lot, mostly because tax revenues have fallen so far because of the recession and tax policy, and because of increases in federal spending that were triggered by the recession.

I didn't think you'd have a valid answer.

Put your nose back in there.

Resume Bush bashing.

Thanks.

Funny how you never have anything of substance to add. Well, not really that funny...

Ok, So a portion of GWB debt was Clinton,s fault
then Clinton never had a surplus
The Myth of the Clinton Surplus
Fiscal
Year Year
Ending National Debt Deficit
FY1993 09/30/1993 $4.411488 trillion
FY1994 09/30/1994 $4.692749 trillion $281.26 billion
FY1995 09/29/1995 $4.973982 trillion $281.23 billion
FY1996 09/30/1996 $5.224810 trillion $250.83 billion
FY1997 09/30/1997 $5.413146 trillion $188.34 billion
FY1998 09/30/1998 $5.526193 trillion $113.05 billion
FY1999 09/30/1999 $5.656270 trillion $130.08 billion
FY2000 09/29/2000 $5.674178 trillion $17.91 billion
FY2001 09/28/2001 $5.807463 trillion $133.29 billion

Obama's debt is about the same in 2 that GWB was in 8
Policy means nothing
and we grade each president on the policies of the president prior to his taking office

You cannot have it both ways

How can a portion of the debt be Clinton's fault, exactly?

I think he was just pointing out, for the benefit of the terminally stupid, that Clinton did NOT leave Bush a surplus.

According to Bush he did. In fact Bush cited the surplus as the main reason to justify cutting taxes.

Are you saying Bush was full of shit? Are you saying Bush lied to argue for this budget busting tax cuts? Are you saying Bush is an imbecile?

I think he was just pointing out, for the benefit of the terminally stupid, that Clinton did NOT leave Bush a surplus.

If we look at these matters as they relate to real events
The GOP congress for the year 2001 did have a surplus, for that year, that Clinton approved in 2000
As it states above, with interest at no time did Clinton have a surplus and at no time was the country close to a surplus, even if without interest
The interest on the total debt that was left to GWB after Clinton's 8 years is about the same that GWB added
with 9-11
2 wars
adding home land security
2 recessions
6 major hurricanes
Medicare prescription drug program

without 9-11 the last 8 years would have been very close to being balanced

IOW, in a world that never existed, Bush had a balanced budget.

A lot, mostly because tax revenues have fallen so far because of the recession and tax policy, and because of increases in federal spending that were triggered by the recession.

I didn't think you'd have a valid answer.

Put your nose back in there.

Resume Bush bashing.

Thanks.

Funny how you never have anything of substance to add. Well, not really that funny...

Tell us, how DOES Obama's ass taste ?

Your nose is up there all day and night.

Is he your hero?

Neither bush or obama are or were worth a damn as a president and everyone seems to want to argue about which one's shit stinks the least. We need to get rid of ALL current politicians and start over with a group that has no benefits or special treatment, AND are subject to all the legislation they pass and force on us.

Neither bush or obama are or were worth a damn as a president and everyone seems to want to argue about which one's shit stinks the least. We need to get rid of ALL current politicians and start over with a group that has no benefits or special treatment, AND are subject to all the legislation they pass and force on us.

I agree - neither was/is performing as desired, but I would take Bush back in a heartbeat over this clown Obama.

BTW, funny you bringing up who's shit stinks least. I've queried NYC as to how Obama's ass tastes.

Perhaps he'll let us know soon.

Stay tuned.

I agree - neither was/is performing as desired, but I would take Bush back in a heartbeat over this clown Obama.

BTW, funny you bringing up who's shit stinks least. I've queried NYC as to how Obama's ass tastes.

Perhaps he'll let us know soon.

Stay tuned.

I would take bush back over obama also but it would be a case of the lesser of two evils. We need a president we can get behind and respect and I don't see anyone (except Ron Paul) on the horizon that fills that bill. I like Ron Paul but there are too many stupid voters for him to be elected.

President Clinton DID leave President Bush with a BUDGET SURPLUS, which is NOT THE SAME as National DEBT.....

Our surplus social security monies are included in the Budget, PER LAW.

so, to have a budget surplus, yet still be adding to the national debt, is perfectly normal, in the way our gvt has this all set up.

President Clinton and his congress, spent less in his last few years budgets, than what they collected in total revenues....including the surplus SS monies...

.when that happens the legal and technical term, is a "BUDGET surplus".

The reason annual budget deficits are smaller than the actual debt added each year is because social security surpluses included in the budget reduce the size of the budget deficit.....

Ok, So a portion of GWB debt was Clinton,s fault
then Clinton never had a surplus
The Myth of the Clinton Surplus
Fiscal
Year Year
Ending National Debt Deficit
FY1993 09/30/1993 $4.411488 trillion
FY1994 09/30/1994 $4.692749 trillion $281.26 billion
FY1995 09/29/1995 $4.973982 trillion $281.23 billion
FY1996 09/30/1996 $5.224810 trillion $250.83 billion
FY1997 09/30/1997 $5.413146 trillion $188.34 billion
FY1998 09/30/1998 $5.526193 trillion $113.05 billion
FY1999 09/30/1999 $5.656270 trillion $130.08 billion
FY2000 09/29/2000 $5.674178 trillion $17.91 billion
FY2001 09/28/2001 $5.807463 trillion $133.29 billion

Obama's debt is about the same in 2 that GWB was in 8
Policy means nothing
and we grade each president on the policies of the president prior to his taking office

You cannot have it both ways

Except by the same standard that JeRK used to claim Bush's $4+ trillion debt by 2008 was only $2+ trillion, Clinton did indeed have a surplus. If you are going to claim that Clinton had no surplus, then Bush ran up well over 4 trillion in debt by 2008 by that same standard. As JeRK said, "You can't have it both ways.".

The Bush Deficit, the Clinton Surplus and TARP by Gregory Hilton | The DC World Affairs Blog

Auditor 00007 just called me a liar on another thread when I stated how much debt GWB added without intrest from the total
09 is open for debate and to be honest the last GOP budget was 07
But thru 08 it was well below 2.5 trillion
thats the number I used
If we are to give 1/2 of 09 (he did not sign the 09 budget) to GWB then it would be close to 2.5 trillion

any-one want to contest the link I have?
Being called a liar is something I do not take lightly

Calculate it here:

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

I'm getting about 5 trillion.

well, what you are getting is wrong, why give boooooosh a pass? :lol:

from a post 20 minutes a head of your on the same page (1);

September 29, 2008 12:20 PM

Bush Administration Adds $4 Trillion To National Debt

By
Mark Knoller

It's the biggest increase under any president in U.S history.

On the day President Bush took office, the national debt stood at $5.727 trillion. The latest number from the Treasury Department shows the national debt now stands at more than $9.849 trillion. That's a 71.9 percent increase on Mr. Bush's watch.

more at-

Bush Administration Adds $4 Trillion To National Debt - Couric & Co. - CBS News

Now, even f they did not add iraq or afghan. which they do not say or not,

they came to; approx. 850 Billion.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL33110.pdf

so lets call it 5.5 and not quibble.

then again heres CBS

By
Mark Knoller

On the day President Bush took office, the national debt stood at $5.727 trillion. The latest number from the Treasury Department shows the national debt now stands at more than $9.849 trillion. That's a 71.9 percent increase on Mr. Bush's watch.

more at-

Still, the dipshit in office now has added more than any other pres. in history. It does not matter what GWB did or did not do, this is all dipshits in office now problem.

then again heres CBS

By
Mark Knoller

more at-

Still, the dipshit in office now has added more than any other pres. in history. It does not matter what GWB did or did not do, this is all dipshits in office now problem.
noooooo, he hasn't....i proved such but YOU and others like you refuse to make yourselves knowledgeable.

per our Treasury, so far under Obama's fiscal reign, oct 1, 2009(his first fiscal budget) through july 21, 2011,(most recent national debt numbers) $2.4 trillion has been added to the national debt.

only in your dreams is $2.4 trillion MORE than $6.1 trillion:cuckoo:

obama is ''trending'' at a rate that will eventually outdo the debt added under president bush, but by NO WAY does it beat the national debt added under pres. bush, not by a long shot, at least not yet!

Except by the same standard that JeRK used to claim Bush's $4+ trillion debt by 2008 was only $2+ trillion, Clinton did indeed have a surplus. If you are going to claim that Clinton had no surplus, then Bush ran up well over 4 trillion in debt by 2008 by that same standard. As JeRK said, "You can't have it both ways.".

Why is it with you Libs it is so personal?
Jerk?
Look you want to compare apples to apples?

To start with Clinton had a GOP congress
He did not have 9-11
He did not have 2 wars too fund

Obama has only one to fund

I mean the bottom line is GWB should have added a vat tax to fund both wars and did a better job of funding his Medicare program

GWB did not ask for 9-11. We had no choice but to fight. His debt being compare to what we are facing today is embarrassing to any-one who has any brains

then again heres CBS

By
Mark Knoller

more at-

noooooo, he hasn't....i proved such but YOU and others like you refuse to make yourselves knowledgeable.

per our Treasury, so far under Obama's fiscal reign, oct 1, 2009(his first fiscal budget) through july 21, 2011,(most recent national debt numbers) $2.4 trillion has been added to the national debt.

only in your dreams is $2.4 trillion MORE than $6.1 trillion:cuckoo:

obama is ''trending'' at a rate that will eventually outdo the debt added under president bush, but by NO WAY does it beat the national debt added under pres. bush, not by a long shot, at least not yet!

Why do you keep doing this?
UPDATE: This graph is now over one year old. For up to date information see this post: Budget 2011: Past Deficits vs. Obama’s Deficits in Pictures

President Barack Obama has repeatedly claimed that his budget would cut the deficit by half by the end of his term. But as Heritage analyst Brian Riedl has pointed out, given that Obama has already helped quadruple the deficit with his stimulus package, pledging to halve it by 2013 is hardly ambitious. The Washington Post has a great graphic which helps put President Obama’s budget deficits in context of President Bush’s.
What’s driving Obama’s unprecedented massive deficits? Spending. Riedl details:
President Bush expanded the federal budget by a historic $700 billion through 2008. President Obama would add another $1 trillion.
President Bush began a string of expensive finan*cial bailouts. President Obama is accelerating that course.
President Bush created a Medicare drug entitle*ment that will cost an estimated $800 billion in its first decade. President Obama has proposed a $634 billion down payment on a new govern*ment health care fund.
President Bush increased federal education spending 58 percent faster than inflation. Presi*dent Obama would double it.
President Bush became the first President to spend 3 percent of GDP on federal antipoverty programs. President Obama has already in*creased this spending by 20 percent.
President Bush tilted the income tax burden more toward upper-income taxpayers. President Obama would continue that trend.
President Bush presided over a $2.5 trillion increase in the public debt through 2008. Setting aside 2009 (for which Presidents Bush and Obama share responsibility for an additional $2.6 trillion in public debt), President Obama’s budget would add $4.9 trillion in public debt from the beginning of 2010 through 2016.
UPDATE: Many Obama defenders in the comments are claiming that the numbers above do not include spending on Iraq and Afghanistan during the Bush years. They most certainly do. While Bush did fund the wars through emergency supplementals (not the regular budget process), that spending did not simply vanish. It is included in the numbers above. Also, some Obama defenders are claiming the graphic above represents biased Heritage Foundation numbers. While we stand behind the numbers we put out 100%, the numbers, and the graphic itself, above are from the Washington Post. We originally left out the link to WaPo. It has now been added.
CLARIFICATION: Of course, this Washington Post graphic does not perfectly delineate budget surpluses and deficits by administration. President Bush took office in January 2001, and therefore played a lead role in crafting the FY 2002-2008 budgets. Presidents Bush and Obama share responsibility for the FY 2009 budget deficit that overlaps their administrations, before President Obama assumes full budgetary responsibility beginning in FY 2010. Overall, President Obama’s budget would add twice as much debt as President Bush over the same number of years.

GWB ADDED ABOUT 3 TRILLION, MAYBE LESS, MAYBE MORE
INTEREST ON THE DEBT HE INHERITED FROM OTHERS ADDED THE REST
OBAMA HAS COME CLOSE TO EQUALING THAT IN HIS FIRST 30 MONTHS

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/03/24/bush-deficit-vs-obama-deficit-in-pictures/

The Bush Deficit, the Clinton Surplus and TARP by Gregory Hilton | The DC World Affairs Blog

Auditor 00007 just called me a liar on another thread when I stated how much debt GWB added without intrest from the total
thats the number I used
If we are to give 1/2 of 09 (he did not sign the 09 budget) to GWB then it would be close to 2.5 trillion

Calculate it here:

By
Mark Knoller

more at-

All this caterwauling about Bush is silly. I did a little figuring from the link you provided, and barring a glaring math error, my calculations were:

Obama Treasury Depart Information

Clinton, 12/29/2000----------$5,662,216,013,697.37 - 8 years

Bush, 12/31/2008------------$10,699,804,864,612.13 - 8 years

Obama, 7/21/2010-----------$14,342,884,944,996.28 - 2.84 years

Bush, per annum.................$5.037,588,850,914/8 = $629,698,606.364./annum

Obama, per annum..............$3,643,080,080,384/2.84 = $1,282,774,676,192/annum

I took the liberty of taking out the pennies. Our WTC was devastated on 9/11/2001, just a few months after Bush took office. He spent the duration of his presidency ensuring the safety of the American people. For it, people complain about the cost. So I'm not posting to cast any aspersions on anyone, I'm just saying Bush held the line on overspending. Obama is just out there on his bully pulpit every day, using it to damage the reputations of Republicans trying to pull in some of the spending. It's troubling to me they're still beating up on Bush three years into this administration. Enough is enough.

Last edited:
Calculate it here:

By
Mark Knoller

more at-

All this caterwauling about Bush is silly. I did a little figuring from the link you provided, and barring a glaring math error, my calculations were:

Obama Treasury Depart Information

Clinton, 12/29/2000----------$5,662,216,013,697.37 - 8 years

Bush, 12/31/2008------------$10,699,804,864,612.13 - 8 years

Obama, 7/21/2010-----------$14,342,884,944,996.28 - 2.84 years

Bush, per annum.................$5.037,588,850,914/8 = $629,698,606.364./annum

Obama, per annum..............$/2.84 = $1,069,980,464,609/annum

I took the liberty of taking out the pennies. Our WTC was devastated on 9/11/2001, just a few months after Bush took office. He spent the duration of his presidency ensuring the safety of the American people. For it, people complain about the cost. So I'm not posting to cast any aspersions on anyone, I'm just saying Bush held the line on overspending. Obama is just out there on his bully pulpit every day, using it to damage the reputations of Republicans trying to pull in some of the spending. It's troubling to me they're still beating up on Bush three years into this administration. Enough is enough.
becki, YOU are using the WRONG start and stop dates.

clinton's FIRST fiscal budget began oct 1, 1993 and his LAST FISCAL budget ENDED sept 30, 2001. THOSE are the 8 fiscal years attributed to president clinton....in every history book or economics book or stat book you read will list those dates as his fiscal responsibility.

SO if you take it from there, president bush's FIRST FISCAL budget began for him, oct 1, 2001 and ended for his 8 fiscal years, sept 30, 2009

and that means with obama his first fiscal budget began oct 1, 2009, and will end, if he gets 8 years, sept 30, 2017.

use the dates above, WHICH ARE THE ACCURATE fiscal years attributed to each one of those presidents, your numbers will be accurate...and match the writen history.

thats the number I used

BULLSHIT!!!!!! You LIAR!!!!!

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2010

Total National Debt
09/30/2008 - $10,024,724,896,912.49
09/30/2001 - $5,807,463,412,200.06

How much did the Trust Funds increase from 2001-2008?

Forum List

Back