How Much Credit Should Obama Get For The Recovery?

Recovery ?.. We are at the midst of a financial crash and the loss of confidence in the dollar thanks to status quo politicians that have no principles on either side of the aisle and The Federal Reserve that is robbing us blind through inflation.

I usually don't either blame or credit presidents for the economic situation. Mainly what happens is beyond their control. But this time I think it may be a little different. Obama's taken some steps some other presidents would be afraid to go. He's taken some political risks, in other words, which appear to be paying off. Should he get more than normal credit for the recovery?

What recovery??? I have not seen one.

Ditto...was going to say the same thing!

I usually don't either blame or credit presidents for the economic situation. Mainly what happens is beyond their control. But this time I think it may be a little different. Obama's taken some steps some other presidents would be afraid to go. He's taken some political risks, in other words, which appear to be paying off. Should he get more than normal credit for the recovery?

No.

The stimulus saved us from another Great Depression, so both Obama and the Democrats and Republicans who voted for it deserve kudos.

Barack Hussein created the Great Depression. We're $14 trillion in debt and unemployment has gone up through out his time in office. It amazes me that people like you will support failure and collapse, so long as it comes from your side of the aisle. You're just pathetic and so is your party.

I would abandon any party or candidate who spent me into collapse and had HIGHER unemployment after all of the spending.

the2bstimulus2band2bjobs.jpg

For propaganda to work Chris, it has to be at least slightly possible. When Bush was in office, unemployment never went above 7.8% and the national debt was at $9 trillion.

After running up the debt an astounding $5 trillion, to $14 trillion total, and while promising it would "fix" the economy, unemployment has skyrocketed under the Marxist Barack Hussein to over 9%.

So to summarize: Barack Hussein added more to the national debt than all US Presidents combined in US history during the same tenure in office and he has the longest period of 9%+ unemployment in US history, sans the Great Depression. Can you say FAILURE? Can you say unqualified community organizer?

Denial.... it's not just a river in Egypt anymore, is it Chris?

The stimulus saved us from another Great Depression, so both Obama and the Democrats and Republicans who voted for it deserve kudos.

Barack Hussein created the Great Depression. We're $14 trillion in debt and unemployment has gone up through out his time in office. It amazes me that people like you will support failure and collapse, so long as it comes from your side of the aisle. You're just pathetic and so is your party.

I would abandon any party or candidate who spent me into collapse and had HIGHER unemployment after all of the spending.

Obama didn't create this recession let alone a depression. That's a very silly thing to say.

Unemployment is going down. If your opinions were based on facts it'd make a difference. If your facts are based on your opinions, it won't.

Predict it won't.

For propaganda to work Chris, it has to be at least slightly possible. When Bush was in office, unemployment never went above 7.8% and the national debt was at $9 trillion.

After running up the debt an astounding $5 trillion, to $14 trillion total, and while promising it would "fix" the economy, unemployment has skyrocketed under the Marxist Barack Hussein to over 9%.

So to summarize: Barack Hussein added more to the national debt than all US Presidents combined in US history during the same tenure in office and he has the longest period of 9%+ unemployment in US history, sans the Great Depression. Can you say FAILURE? Can you say unqualified community organizer?

Correct...its a river in Demoland.

This came out today:

The Automatic Data Processing (ADP - Snapshot Report) employment survey was stronger than expected in October. It shows that private sector employment rose by 110,000, above consensus expectations for a 100,000 increase. The September numbers were revised up to a gain of 116,000 jobs from the initial report of a 91,000 gain.

1320249913.jpg

The economy's currently producing jobs at about the rate it did in 2004.

One thing I hadn't noticed is that after the first Bush recession - one was shorter and shallower than this one - it took longer for the job market to recover than it has this time around. The job market didn't start growing again until almost 2004 - more than 2 years after the recession ended. Under Obama it took less than a year - even though the second Bush recession was deeper and longer than the first.

Short version: this recovery's been better than the last one, though we're starting from a deeper hole.

Correct...its a river in Demoland.

How did Obama increase the debt more than all other presidents combined? Isn't 5 T less than 9 T?

Also: Ordinarily the last budget of the outgoing president is counted as the outgoing president's - since the outgoing president is the one who created it - Why are you counting Bush's last deficit against Obama?

Short version: this recovery's been better than the last one, though we're starting from a deeper hole.

It's like listening to Sean Hannity say that George Bush won his first debate against John Kerry. Everything points to the fact that it ain't so...but Sean would have non of it.

You are just the same.

Yes, we are doing great !

No need to worry anyone....Sundial says we are doing great.

ROTF

So if your job sucks, so does everyone's?

My tax rate is what sux.
I can see the difference over the past few years.

:eusa_hand:

Did you know taxes are lower now than they've been in decades?

I realize that when you work an hourly job, where your paycheck varies from week to week, it's difficult to see any changes.
Maybe you should have Ronald explain it to you
:eusa_whistle:

But when I get a set amount every week, and every first week of January my check is just a tad bit less than it was for the last week of December, I notice it.
And it's happened for 3 years in a row (yes I know the first of those was the previous administration, btw)

How did Obama increase the debt more than all other presidents combined? Isn't 5 T less than 9 T?

Also: Ordinarily the last budget of the outgoing president is counted as the outgoing president's - since the outgoing president is the one who created it - Why are you counting Bush's last deficit against Obama?

Well Obama won't have that count against him since he has yet to pass a fucking budget.

:cuckoo:

My tax rate is what sux.
I can see the difference over the past few years.

:eusa_hand:

Did you know taxes are lower now than they've been in decades?

I realize that when you work an hourly job, where your paycheck varies from week to week, it's difficult to see any changes.
Maybe you should have Ronald explain it to you
:eusa_whistle:

But when I get a set amount every week, and every first week of January my check is just a tad bit less than it was for the last week of December, I notice it.
And it's happened for 3 years in a row (yes I know the first of those was the previous administration, btw)

Historically, the term “tax rate” has meant the average or effective tax rate — that is, taxes as a share of income. The broadest measure of the tax rate is total federal revenues divided by the gross domestic product.

By this measure, federal taxes are at their lowest level in more than 60 years. The Congressional Budget Office estimated that federal taxes would consume just 14.8 percent of G.D.P. this year. The last year in which revenues were lower was 1950, according to the Office of Management and Budget.

The postwar annual average is about 18.5 percent of G.D.P. Revenues averaged 18.2 percent of G.D.P. during Ronald Reagan’s administration; the lowest percentage during that administration was 17.3 percent of G.D.P. in 1984.

In short, by the broadest measure of the tax rate, the current level is unusually low and has been for some time. Revenues were 14.9 percent of G.D.P. in both 2009 and 2010.

Yet if one listens to Republicans, one would think that taxes have never been higher...

Bruce Bartlett: Are Taxes in the U.S. High or Low? - NYTimes.com

Forum List

Back