How many ways can Trump make a fool of himself in one news conference?

I always thought one had to be sane to qualify to be POTUS. Boy was I wrong.

Trump threatened to dump thousands of Islamic State prisoners in Europe if the countries they originated from refused to take them back in.

Speaking with reporters at the White House, Trump specifically mentioned France and Germany as two countries where the prisoners could be dropped off.

"We're holding thousands of ISIS fighters right now, and Europe has to take them," Trump said. "If Europe doesn't take them, I'll have no choice but to release them into the countries from which they came, which is Germany and France and other places."

Geez, Trump is really losing it. What the hell is he talking about? We are not holding thousands of ISIS prisoners. Thousands of ISIS prisoners are being held in Syria by the SDF.

"The Syrian Democratic Forces, a US-backed Kurdish group, has the responsibility of holding thousands of prisoners in makeshift facilities.

"The SDF is detaining the lion's share of ISIS fighters. The SDF had detained 9,000 militants in Syria by April, according to US military officials. The military also estimated that 1,000 of them hailed from 50 countries."

Trump's threat to dump thousands of ISIS fighters into Europe could end up hurting the US's fiercest ally in Syria

Forum List

Back