How many unemployed....

So Skull Pilot wants them to fraud the government and risk losing all their benefits to shovel snow for two days?

And I love people who make assumptions about the people collecting UE.

I think the government has more to worry about than a couple people making a few extra dollars under the table.

I used to take work for cash whenever I could.

That is very true, but what about the people who would bitch about people making money under the table while collecting UE?

I will also add, most of those people on UE worked, and worked for year PAYING TAXES. My friends dad worked for 30 years for the company that laid him off, I wonder how much money he paid in taxes those 30 years?
Also, at almost 60 who do you think is going to hire him? I dont think being a Walmart greeter will support his family.

You do realize that employees do not pay into SUTA and FUTA taxes don't you? The business owners pay that to the state and fed.

In fact even though i have not laid anyone off, my unemployment taxes are going to go up.

Imagine a bunch of untrained former workers climbing ladders and crawling around on snow covered, icy roofs.

I'm sure the insurance companies will love this idea.
:facepalm:

You must be southern. This isn't like cleaning your gutters and fixing the roof.

So Skull Pilot wants them to fraud the government and risk losing all their benefits to shovel snow for two days?

Okay, then let's see them start enforcing the same level of intensity on real work fraud on worker's comp claims, tipping and illegal immigrants before picking this dustmote out of your eye.

I will also add, most of those people on UE worked, and worked for year PAYING TAXES. My friends dad worked for 30 years for the company that laid him off, I wonder how much money he paid in taxes those 30 years?
Also, at almost 60 who do you think is going to hire him? I dont think being a Walmart greeter will support his family.

You do realize that employees do not pay into SUTA and FUTA taxes don't you? The business owners pay that to the state and fed.

In fact even though i have not laid anyone off, my unemployment taxes are going to go up.

I was pretty clear in saying taxes, nothing else. ;)

Okay, then let's see them start enforcing the same level of intensity on real work fraud on worker's comp claims, tipping and illegal immigrants before picking this dustmote out of your eye.

Were you trying to make a point there?

Imagine a bunch of untrained former workers climbing ladders and crawling around on snow covered, icy roofs.

I'm sure the insurance companies will love this idea.

You've never seen a roof rake have you?

RoofRake-Will-Remove-Snow-from-Solar-Panels.jpg

gee don't you feel a little foolish now?

I was pretty clear in saying taxes, nothing else. ;)

And the taxes employees pay have absolutely nothing to do with unemployment benefits.

I was pretty clear too.

What's wrong with an honest day's work?

Theres nothing wrong with it.

Didn't you just imply that taking out the trash and shining shoes, both of which are honest work, is only fit for vermin?

What I meant from my statement is that people always look down on people on unemployment and want to assign them things to do so they can "earn their keep", I'm not saying you are implying that but several postsers on here have, especially about people on welfare and food stamps.

Forum List

Back