How many unemployed....

Not all people look at unemployed in that light.

Just the small-minded, petty assholes who think it can't or won't happen to them.

I for one will never be unemployed because i will always work for myself.
Suppose your competition puts you out of business?

I'll do something else.

before my wife and I started this business, I worked for myself in many different capacities including but not limited to cleaning houses, roofing, selling insurance, selling stocks and several other things.

Personally, i don't work well for a boss. I hate being told what to do but that does not mean I won't do whatever it takes to support myself including taking out the trash and shining shoes.

Imagine a bunch of untrained former workers climbing ladders and crawling around on snow covered, icy roofs.

I'm sure the insurance companies will love this idea.

You've never seen a roof rake have you?

RoofRake-Will-Remove-Snow-from-Solar-Panels.jpg

gee don't you feel a little foolish now?

Not at all since I don't live in a shed.

I for one will never be unemployed because i will always work for myself.

I'll do something else.

before my wife and I started this business, I worked for myself in many different capacities including but not limited to cleaning houses, roofing, selling insurance, selling stocks and several other things.

Personally, i don't work well for a boss. I hate being told what to do but that does not mean I won't do whatever it takes to support myself including taking out the trash and shining shoes.
It's admirable that you would be willing to do any sort of work, no matter how menial or difficult, in order to pay your way. But the fact is, no one is 100% protected from finding themself unemployed.

Imagine a bunch of untrained former workers climbing ladders and crawling around on snow covered, icy roofs.

I'm sure the insurance companies will love this idea.

Doubt the could of used a rake on the stores that collapsed here. LOL
My brother's friend worked under the table in construction, which is why he has a fucked up shoulder he cant afford to fix.
Skull wants these people who are trying to find work, to risk being injured for two days of work. What happens if they do get injured? Probably be hard to find a job then.

I'll do something else.

It's admirable that you would be willing to do any sort of work, no matter how menial or difficult, in order to pay your way. But the fact is, no one is 100% protected from finding themself unemployed.

There is always work to be had. The problem is that many believe themselves to be too good for some types of work.

My brother's friend worked under the table in construction, which is why he has a fucked up shoulder he cant afford to fix.
Skull wants these people who are trying to find work, to risk being injured for two days of work. What happens if they do get injured? Probably be hard to find a job then.

Did i say anything about the flat roofs of commercial buildings?

And if you're afraid of getting hurt by doing a simple job like pulling snow from a roof while standing on the ground then you have bigger problems than simply being out of work.

I'll do something else.

There is always work to be had. The problem is that many believe themselves to be too good for some types of work.
My brother is UE, taking a job at McDonalds would mean less money to support his family. He earned UE by working for the company, and being a good employee. That is the part you forget. ;)
They may not pay the taxes, but they are the ones getting the work done.

My brother is UE, taking a job at McDonalds would mean less money to support his family. He earned UE by working for the company, and being a good employee. That is the part you forget. ;)
They may not pay the taxes, but they are the ones getting the work done.

Most people don't understand what its like to be unemployed until it happens to them, theres no point taking a low paying job like Mcdonalds because it will more than likely pay less than your unemployment.

But don't you see, getting injured could make it possible for them to sue the property owner for enough money that they might never have to work again.

Plus more injured people means more expensive healthcare workers needed. One man's broken back could mean more hiring.

but do you have a roof?

The rake doesn't solve all your problems when it comes to your roof collapsing. Many people here had to do their whole roof, or a good majority of it.
And if it is so simple to do it, why hire someone?

Wow.

People hire other people to do simple things for them all the time. A great many successful businesses were built by offering services to people that they could very well do for themselves but don't want to.

You're not very business minded are you?

Are taking advantage of a great opportunity to make some dough?

Here in New England, roofs are collapsing under the weight of record snowfalls. How many so called unemployed people are going to make money on this situation?

All one has to do is buy a roof rake for a few bucks or make their own and ask people if they want the snow removed from their dangerously overburdened roof.

There is a ton of money just waiting to be made.

Oh, how I wish I could. But..I can't hold the rake.

I'm sorry you folks are experiencing this really bad winter. Where is spring? Even here, its cold. But at least we don'thave snow.

Last edited:

And if you're afraid of getting hurt by doing a simple job like pulling snow from a roof while standing on the ground then you have bigger problems than simply being out of work.

A lady was killed here by snow coming off her roof. ;)
You could also slip on the ice. What if they have to get up on the roof? What if they injury their shoulder why using the rake?
You want these people to risk injury, and being taken off UE just because you think they should take two days of work. It isn't worth the risk.

I will also add, I bet you many people on UE are already doing this. I just like pointing out your idea is somewhat lame, and full of holes.

You should have a look at the 2 ton killer icicles hanging off my roof!

You could also slip on the ice. What if they have to get up on the roof? What if they injury their shoulder why using the rake?
You want these people to risk injury, and being taken off UE just because you think they should take two days of work. It isn't worth the risk

Gee if she paid someone to pull the snow from her roof. it wouldn't have been there to kill her now would it?.

I will also add, I bet you many people on UE are already doing this. I just like pointing out your idea is somewhat lame, and full of holes.

You'd lose that bet. Around here there are plenty of houses with roofs that need cleaning.

When you have an excuse for everything, you have use for nothing.

Last edited:

You should have a look at the 2 ton killer icicles hanging off my roof!

God forbid you use your brain and knock the icicles down first?

You want these people to risk injury, and being taken off UE just because you think they should take two days of work. It isn't worth the risk

Gee if she paid someone to pull the snow from her roof. it wouldn't have been there to kill her now would it?.

You'd lose that bet. Around here there are plenty of houses with roofs that need cleaning.

What if they are doing it in another neighborhood? Do you know what every person on UE is doing at this moment?

Are you saying a woman cant use a roof rake? I never said what she was doing.

What if they are doing it in another neighborhood? Do you know what every person on UE is doing at this moment?

And what if someone in another state is making money selling lemonade. Does that mean I shouldn't sell lemonade to make money here?

If successful people thought like you then we would only have one brand of any product.

Forum List

Back