How many people should we let into this country?

We have enough people in the country right now to 'hold us' for a generation or two.

We don't need any more.

If we come up short in profession or trade or labor-market A or B or C, we bite the bullet and 'grow our own'.

In the heyday of Immigration to America, we were a nation of a few dozen-millions at best.

Today, a century and more later, we're a nation of 330,000,000 souls, the land's all parceled out, and we're full-up.

Time to place at least a 20-year moratorium on all immigration to the US except for temporary refugees and a handful of exceptions.

Another interesting question.

Liberals want amnesty for the 11-20 million illegal aliens currently living in America. Let’s say that happens, then what? Do we grant amnesty to the next 20 million illegals that come looking for a better life? There are over 7 billion people on the planet, most of which would certainly have a better life if they moved to the US. I’ll ask again: how many of these people should we let immigrate to our country?
We need to round up those who did not show up for their hearings and deport. We catch illegals and they need to be taken to the border and tossed over the fence. No more entrance visa given out until we clear the Nation of the illgals. Those who have bought property are to lose it, back to the bank or lending INC. If anyone is married and living with a American they need to pay a heavy fine and if any have broken a law then they are deported, wife can go with him or her. Time to get hard with these people or our laws are a joke.

Build the wall and we can toss them over the wall.

Legal immigrants have been waiting years to enter the U.S.

Why?

Every single illegal immigrant needs to be deported.
End the anchor baby policy. It's ridiculous.
End chain migration.

I remember in this context a German who had lived from the age of three month to the age of 60 illegally in the USA. Father US-American - mother German. Then he got a health problem and came in a clinic of the USA. They made him in this clinic to a drug addict with a wrong use of strong analgesics. He unsteady drove car under influence of analgesics. A policeman arrested him and they sent him to Germany. He will the rest of his life never be able to visit his homeland USA again.

Given the grammar and sentence structure, I'd say we had a sleeper-cell sock for Green-and-Blue here...

What did you not understand?

Liberals want amnesty for the 11-20 million illegal aliens currently living in America. Let’s say that happens, then what? Do we grant amnesty to the next 20 million illegals that come looking for a better life? There are over 7 billion people on the planet, most of which would certainly have a better life if they moved to the US. I’ll ask again: how many of these people should we let immigrate to our country?
If you're talking about legal permanent residents, 1 million a year + amnesty and refugees which adds about a hundred thousand is what we are doing now and should continue until wee get illegal immigration under control.
Why should we let it continue? Why should we allow any immigration whatsoever?

Everyone wants to emigrate to white countries. But once they have made America look like the places they fled where will immigrants go?

Well considering our UE rate is at lowest levels in history and we have over a million available jobs, I don’t know why limiting immigration is even an issue. Grow our workforce, grow our economy, strengthen our country. The time is ripe for that. If we were a company this would be the time to hire and grow.
------------------------------ me , well i just don't like foreigners that will never be Americans as they are even opposed to America . As proof of what i say see 'ilham omar and 'talib' and their thousands of imported supporters and voters in Minnesota Slade .
Well we all are here today because of ancestors who immigrated here so sorry I’m not very sympathetic to your protectionist point of view

Our ancestors were LEGAL, needed immigrants who came here prepared to pull their own weight and to assist in building the greatest nation on earth...How many of our ancestors flew another nations flag or sent their money overseas to be invested into economies abroad?
That’s great, I didn’t say a word about doing things illegally or immigrants not working. You’re injecting that into the conversation. My point was simple... the state of our economy is rip for growth and bringing in immigrants

It is now, but this gravy train won't last forever. We will eventually have native born Americans out of work looking for jobs; jobs that immigrants may be holding on to. What do we do with all those foreigners then?

And as we have seen over the last 50 years, a flooded labor market keeps wages down, even in a relatively good economy.

Only one US president granted Amnesty to illegal aliens, and that's not a Democrat, but rather one Republican Reagan.

Yes he did and if the Dems had gone through with the deal they made it would have been a good thing.

Since they didn't it turned out to be a bad thing.

We now have 20 million illegals in our country that cost we tax payers billions every year.

Get the wall up and no more will be coming in. We can then boot those 20 million out and save billions.

Amnesty backfired because the Dems didn't do their part.

"the Dems dont want the wall, because they think its good for them, i think its good for us, but i dont want good for us, i want good for America...Mexico are cooperating more than the Democrats" - Trump

------------------------------ me , well i just don't like foreigners that will never be Americans as they are even opposed to America . As proof of what i say see 'ilham omar and 'talib' and their thousands of imported supporters and voters in Minnesota Slade .
Well we all are here today because of ancestors who immigrated here so sorry I’m not very sympathetic to your protectionist point of view

Our ancestors were LEGAL, needed immigrants who came here prepared to pull their own weight and to assist in building the greatest nation on earth...How many of our ancestors flew another nations flag or sent their money overseas to be invested into economies abroad?
That’s great, I didn’t say a word about doing things illegally or immigrants not working. You’re injecting that into the conversation. My point was simple... the state of our economy is rip for growth and bringing in immigrants

It is now, but this gravy train won't last forever. We will eventually have native born Americans out of work looking for jobs; jobs that immigrants may be holding on to. What do we do with all those foreigners then?

And as we have seen over the last 50 years, a flooded labor market keeps wages down, even in a relatively good economy.

The left doesn't like pragmatic solutions. They complain about wages being too low all the time, and insist the solution is to increase the minimum wage. We are talking about a group of people who believe the key to creating new jobs is to tax the job creators even more.

We need to round up those who did not show up for their hearings and deport. We catch illegals and they need to be taken to the border and tossed over the fence. No more entrance visa given out until we clear the Nation of the illgals. Those who have bought property are to lose it, back to the bank or lending INC. If anyone is married and living with a American they need to pay a heavy fine and if any have broken a law then they are deported, wife can go with him or her. Time to get hard with these people or our laws are a joke.

Senior Trump.jpeg

View attachment 265768
th

The left doesn't like pragmatic solutions. They complain about wages being too low all the time, and insist the solution is to increase the minimum wage. We are talking about a group of people who believe the key to creating new jobs is to tax the job creators even more.
I’m one of those leftards y’all whine about and I don’t think taxation or a higher minimum wage is the answer.... well I wouldn’t mind a mandatory minimum wage for large corporations but for small businesses no way. Regardless wealth inequality and wages being too low are legit issues that should be recognized discussed and solutions proposed.

I’m one of those leftards y’all whine about and I don’t think taxation or a higher minimum wage is the answer.... well I wouldn’t mind a mandatory minimum wage for large corporations but for small businesses no way. Regardless wealth inequality and wages being too low are legit issues that should be recognized discussed and solutions proposed.

Hmmm, that's strange. Some time ago I thought you claimed to be more of an Independent.

So what is wealth inequity and how did it happen?

The first place to start is how do people acquire wealth? In most cases, they create a product or service that other people want. It's what economist Dr. Walter Williams once said when he was teaching in college. Kids always asked him what was the key to financial success? He said it's simple: please your fellow man!

If you make great hamburgers, you please your fellow man by the dozens at a party. If you open up your own restaurant to sell your hamburgers, you please your fellow man by the hundreds or thousands. If you franchise your restaurants, you please your fellow man by the millions. In each step, there is a financial reward equal to how many of your fellow man you pleased.

As a child of the 70's, I can tell you that not only was life simpler, but we did with much less. As time went on, we had more to buy. That being said, we have more people acquiring wealth.

Now if you really want to stop wealth inequity, the solution is not government, the solution is to quit buying all this stuff from the wealthy. Because sometime this week, and likely several times this week, you are going to transfer your money to the top. You might stop at McDonald's for a burger, you might pay your cell phone bill, maybe pay your internet/ cable bill, buy gasoline, get your oil changed at one of those ten minute places instead of doing it yourself or going to a gas station. You may buy some new movies from Netflix or HBO. You may buy the newest video game, or download a new cell phone application.

But one way or another, you, I and hundreds of millions of people in this country will transfer our hard earned money to the top.

What would make you think there shouldn’t be an enormous income / wealth gap within such a ‘diverse’ society? A huge percentage of our population lack iQ, have no communication skills and can’t speak the native language...to name a few challenges.
If your people are so concerned by this income / wealth gap why do they continue to stack the underclass at the staggering rate they do?

Hmmm, that's strange. Some time ago I thought you claimed to be more of an Independent.

So what is wealth inequity and how did it happen?

The first place to start is how do people acquire wealth? In most cases, they create a product or service that other people want. It's what economist Dr. Walter Williams once said when he was teaching in college. Kids always asked him what was the key to financial success? He said it's simple: please your fellow man!

If you make great hamburgers, you please your fellow man by the dozens at a party. If you open up your own restaurant to sell your hamburgers, you please your fellow man by the hundreds or thousands. If you franchise your restaurants, you please your fellow man by the millions. In each step, there is a financial reward equal to how many of your fellow man you pleased.

As a child of the 70's, I can tell you that not only was life simpler, but we did with much less. As time went on, we had more to buy. That being said, we have more people acquiring wealth.

Now if you really want to stop wealth inequity, the solution is not government, the solution is to quit buying all this stuff from the wealthy. Because sometime this week, and likely several times this week, you are going to transfer your money to the top. You might stop at McDonald's for a burger, you might pay your cell phone bill, maybe pay your internet/ cable bill, buy gasoline, get your oil changed at one of those ten minute places instead of doing it yourself or going to a gas station. You may buy some new movies from Netflix or HBO. You may buy the newest video game, or download a new cell phone application.

But one way or another, you, I and hundreds of millions of people in this country will transfer our hard earned money to the top.
I do see myself as an independent thinker but y’all call me a leftard on a daily basis so I made that comment tongue in cheek. Regarding the wealth inequality, your points make perfect sense on an individual level but when looking at the economy and system as a whole it is an important think to identify. Especially when it come to items of necessity like water, food, housing, medical etc

You can say government cant solve the problem however government holds the power of the people, at least in theory. It’s the best thing we have to regulate the power of big business. The free market isn’t going to help the situation if we just let it run wild. The problem needs to be understood, extrapolated and solutions discussed. Dismissing the issue altogether is a dangerous thing.

Forum List

Back