How many of your natural parents stayed married or together during your chil, or not?

PICK your scenario.

• You had both natural parents together during childhood rearing.

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • You had one natural parent with a step father during most childhood rearing.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • you were reared by a single parent mostly.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • you were raised in an orphanage or by foster parents.

• you had multiple scenarios of rearing, please explain.

• Total voters
Both of my parents stayed married their entire lifetime. As parents, they were terrific. My Dad died at age 58 (long after I was grown and married) and my Mother died at age 61. (I was divorced at the time) My first wife took off with a boyfriend after 13 years of marriage. Got blindsided there. I stayed divorced for 6 years and then married an old friend I should have married in the first place. Been married this time around for 17 years.

Last edited:
My parents were married for over forty years, and would still be married had my father not died when I was in my late 30s. My mother isn't even vaguely interested in men at this point, so I'm sure she won't be remarrying.

I always tell my husband that I will be following their example, ie. he won't be getting out of our marriage alive.

My parents divorced before I was 2, and while I saw my father's side of the family, I didn't see him again past the age of 4. When I was 8, my mom got remarried, and my stepfather adopted me. He's my dad. Most people who know us at this point don't even realize he's my not my biological father til they do some math around my parent's anniversary.

I am adopted. My parents have been together for 44 years and going strong. They are rock solid.

The people who were my biological parents didn't stay together for longer than a night. These people are, as my biological "sister" described it, "barnyard animals" compared to how I grew up. Lots of alcoholism, kids out of wedlock, drug addiction, etc. By their own description, not a good scene.

So I won the lottery in life getting the parents that I did.

Still have both parents. I can't imagine them ever parting.

I always wanted a step parent when I was little because I saw my brother's and sister had two christmas's.

Forum List

Back