How many of you guys were born Christians? How many converted to Christianity?

70% of Christians were born Christian, 30% were converts | Global Broadcasting Corporation (link to survey)
According to a popular research survery, 70% of Christians are born into Christianity, while the remaining 30% were converts.

Which one are you?

christ.gif
One can't be 'born' Christian nor can you be 'born' as an adherent of any other religion.

Just as I've been saying over and over. Catholics follow nonBiblical teachings and practices. Just as Mormons do, Scientology, Jehovahs Witness, etc etc. If it is not in the Bible it is a dangerous manmade teaching.

Not what I asked. Sum up the difference in belief. Both Catholics and non-Catholics follow the Bible. What is your belief of what the Bible teaches compared to Catholic belief of what the Bible teaches?
Oh really? Tell me the verse that justifies you appointing a saint of inanimate objects and setting them up as idols?

Oh really? Tell me the verse that justifies you appointing a saint of inanimate objects and setting them up as idols?

Straw man. That is your inaccurate belief--not a reality. Let's make this about Jesus. What is your belief of what the Bible teaches about Christ compared to Catholic belief of what the Bible teaches about Christ?

Straw man. That is your inaccurate belief--not a reality. Let's make this about Jesus. What is your belief of what the Bible teaches about Christ compared to Catholic belief of what the Bible teaches about Christ?
OK, you can't find the Scripture for that Catholic practice.
Now tell me the verse that says people have the power and authority to appont people as saints.

Now tell me the verse that says people have the power and authority to appont people as saints.

I'm waiting for you to answer my question. Is there a reason you can't or are you confirming my theory that you know little about the Bible and nothing about Catholicism?

In answer to your question: Tell me the verse that says someone has the power and authority to install electric lights in your church. Also, where men are permitted to wear ties.

70% of Christians were born Christian, 30% were converts | Global Broadcasting Corporation (link to survey)
According to a popular research survery, 70% of Christians are born into Christianity, while the remaining 30% were converts.

Which one are you?

christ.gif
I don't understand this "research".
How do they know if somebody is honest or not?
Somebody could say "I'm converted to Christianity" but he could be a liar
And I don't even understand the meaning of "Christians by birth".
You could have been baptized when you were a kid but not been a believer.
Baptism is just a ritual when you can't express a real consent.

Which one are you?

christ.gif
True, the research could be inaccurate due to some people lying or hiding the truth

Which one are you?

christ.gif
is that you in your profile pic

I was born with no religious affiliation. One was forced on me when I was a child.
Luckily by the time I was 8 I was smart enough to tell my mother I wasn't gong to go to church or CCD anymore

I'm waiting for you to answer my question. Is there a reason you can't or are you confirming my theory that you know little about the Bible and nothing about Catholicism?

In answer to your question: Tell me the verse that says someone has the power and authority to install electric lights in your church. Also, where men are permitted to wear ties.
OK, you can't find that one either.

No Church I know of teaches about light bulb installation or tie wearing for salvation.

Acts 4:12 declares that Jesus is the only redeemer. 1 Timothy 2:5 proclaims that Jesus is the only mediator between God and men. Not Mary, not Saint Doug Dingleheimer not Saint Barry Boontwine.

We are to only pray to God. Matthew 6:9 and Luke 18:1-7.

We are not saved by infant baptism. We are saved by grace which is received through simple faith. Ephesians 2:8-9. Scripture tells us baptism is ALWAYS practiced AFTER accepting Christ. Acts 16:31 declares salvation is by faith.

The RC teaches that salvation is not assured. 1 John 5:13 tells believers the certainty of their salvation.

The RC teaches we are saved through good works. As stated above, we are saved by grace totally apart from works. Titus 3:5, Ephesians 2:8-9, Galatians 3:10-11, Romans 3:19-24. Good works are the result of the change in us once we come to faith. Ephesians 2:10, 2 Corinthians 5:17.

We do not have to confess our sins to a priest, but only to God. 1 John 1:9.

We don't call priests Father. Only God is Father. Matthew 23:9

Scripture must be the standard of Christian faith and practice. The Word of God is always true and reliable. The same cannot be said of church tradition. When man starts adding to God we always end up building golden calfs. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 declares “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”. Our guideline must be "What does Scripture say?" Romans 4:3, Galatians 4:30, Acts 17:11.

Something for you to discuss in your next Catholic Bible study.

No Church I know of teaches about light bulb installation or tie wearing for salvation.

Acts 4:12 declares that Jesus is the only redeemer. 1 Timothy 2:5 proclaims that Jesus is the only mediator between God and men. Not Mary, not Saint Doug Dingleheimer not Saint Barry Boontwine.

We are not saved by infant baptism. We are saved by grace which is received through simple faith. Ephesians 2:8-9. Scripture tells us baptism is ALWAYS practiced AFTER accepting Christ. Acts 16:31 declares salvation is by faith.

The RC teaches that salvation is not assured. 1 John 5:13 tells believers the certainty of their salvation.

The RC teaches we are saved through good works. As stated above, we are saved by grace totally apart from works. Titus 3:5, Ephesians 2:8-9, Galatians 3:10-11, Romans 3:19-24. Good works are the result of the change in us once we come to faith. Ephesians 2:10, 2 Corinthians 5:17.

Scripture must be the standard of Christian faith and practice. The Word of God is always true and reliable. The same cannot be said of church tradition. When man starts adding to God we always end up building golden calfs. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 declares “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”. Our guideline must be "What does Scripture say?" Romans 4:3, Galatians 4:30, Acts 17:11.

Straw man after straw man after straw man. All you are able to do is present what you think the Catholic Church teaches--when those accusations are not the teaching or the practice. You are saying, "I see the Church doing this--and therefore it means they are doing that." Wrong, so wrong and not even worth discussing.

Finally, in the midst of all the straw there was this nugget that is possibly worth pursuing:

The RC teaches that salvation is not assured.

I am not sure how you define "salvation", but I know many non-Catholic Christians define it as a heavenly afterlife. Do you?

Straw man after straw man after straw man. All you are able to do is present what you think the Catholic Church teaches--when those accusations are not the teaching or the practice. You are saying, "I see the Church doing this--and therefore it means they are doing that." Wrong, so wrong and not even worth discussing.

Finally, in the midst of all the straw there was this nugget that is possibly worth pursuing:

I am not sure how you define "salvation", but I know many non-Catholic Christians define it as a heavenly afterlife. Do you?
OK, you can't rebut one point because it's true. Scripture proves my point. Take your beef up with Him.
Don't feel bad, most Catholics are duped and don't know Scripture either.

1 Sam 15:23 (NIV) For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry.

Eze 8:12 (NIV) He said to me, "Son of man, have you seen what the elders of the house of Israel are doing in the darkness, each at the shrine of his own idol?"

1 Cor 12:1-2 (NIV) ...I do not wish you to be ignorant... somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to dumb idols.

Isa 41:29 (NIV) "See, they are all false! Their deeds amount to nothing; their images are but wind and confusion."

Jer 2:5 (NIV) This is what the Lord says: "What fault did your fathers find in me, that they strayed so far from me? They followed worthless idols and became worthless themselves."

Ps 97:7 (NIV) All who worship images are put to shame, those who boast in idols...

1 Sam 12:21 (NIV) Do not turn away after useless idols. They can do you no good, nor can they rescue you, because they are useless.

Isa 57:12-13 (NIV) "I will expose your righteousness and your works, and they will not benefit you. When you cry out for help, let your collection [of idols] save you! The wind will carry all of them off, a mere breath will blow them away. But the man who makes me his refuge will inherit the land and possess my holy mountain."

Isa 42:8 (NIV) "I am the Lord; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols."

Eze 6:4-6 (NIV) "... I will slay your people in front of your idols. I will lay the dead bodies of the Israelites in front of their idols, and I will scatter your bones around your altars... your idols smashed and ruined, your incense altars broken down, and what you have made wiped out."

1 Cor 6:9-10 (NIV) Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy... (Rom 1:23-25)

Eph 5:5 (NIV) For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person--such a man is an idolater--has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

When God repeats something in Scripture over and over, it's pretty important. How many Catholic idols do you own?
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.png

]
OK, you can't rebut one point because it's true. Scripture proves my point. Take your beef up with Him.
Don't feel bad, most Catholics are duped and don't know Scripture either.
You have ignored every meaningful question I've suggested.

I'm through discussing your straw men and constantly trying to redirect the discussion to a place of truth and reality. You know nothing about Catholicism, and the only thing you appear to know about scripture is how to cut and paste.

If you ever gain enough maturity to let go of your erroneous preconceptions, perhaps we can try this again. In the meantime, have fun playing in the straw. It's not for me.

Forum List

Back