How many Lambs have you sacrificed today?

Sacrifices were about giving up things of value either as charity or pennace. Because few of us are farmers of ranchers any more what we sacrifice now is money.

I actually had a great discussion with a Chabad rabbi about this, but just looking I didn't save it. I actually started the cookies and cupcakes as a form of mandated charity. Rather than sacrifice money as money, I give 'food.'
Where does it say in the Torah,(am I calling that right, I don't want to insult your faith), that sacrifices are about giving up things of value, and money is ok to substitute for blood?
Yes....and works...

My father like to say that women shouldn't be the elders or deacons in the Church, but I point out that if no one will worship God, then the stones will cry out to Him.

I have no problem with female clergy. It's scientificly valid men pay more heed to a woman's voice, thus why military aircraft computer voices use feminine tones.

You are amazing, Delta. I am in awe of your knowledge. The Lord blessed you with a very intelligent mind.

Jeri,
The "problem", so to speak, is that I am the "victim" of a Jewish education.
I was "forced" to learn the Jewish Scriptures in Hebrew, to study, analyze and criticize the classical commentaries, such as Rashi, Ramban, Rambam, the Midrash, learn Mishnah and Talmud.

In 1998 I read Matthew and laughed my ass off.
It was so absurd and the misquotes and mistranslations were beyond belief.
I read TNT 6 times in 1998-199 and by the end of 1999 I was left feeling really bad for Christians who have been drinking the Kool aid for centuries.

I do not think of you as a victim. I think of you as a man who has yet to have the Messiah revealed to him. Same for Delta Embassy. Maybe I sound too harsh in the way I say things to the Jews about scripture. Maybe I do not say things the right way and you get offended by me.. I do not know what is going on. I feel grieved. I tell you the truth. I love you people, I love your people. I love Israel. I pray for the peace of Jerusalem. I am awake all night sometimes thinking about all of you people and praying to God about this. I do not know what is left to say. I'm all talked out. I'm all typed out. I'm going to bed. I'll ask God to help me. Goodnight.

Jeri,
The "problem", so to speak, is that I am the "victim" of a Jewish education.
I was "forced" to learn the Jewish Scriptures in Hebrew, to study, analyze and criticize the classical commentaries, such as Rashi, Ramban, Rambam, the Midrash, learn Mishnah and Talmud.

In 1998 I read Matthew and laughed my ass off.
It was so absurd and the misquotes and mistranslations were beyond belief.
I read TNT 6 times in 1998-199 and by the end of 1999 I was left feeling really bad for Christians who have been drinking the Kool aid for centuries.

I do not think of you as a victim. I think of you as a man who has yet to have the Messiah revealed to him. Same for Delta Embassy. Maybe I sound too harsh in the way I say things to the Jews about scripture. Maybe I do not say things the right way and you get offended by me.. I do not know what is going on. I feel grieved. I tell you the truth. I love you people, I love your people. I love Israel. I pray for the peace of Jerusalem. I am awake all night sometimes thinking about all of you people and praying to God about this. I do not know what is left to say. I'm all talked out. I'm all typed out. I'm going to bed. I'll ask God to help me. Goodnight.
I love you also and that's why I wish you would start with Genesis, follow all the way through Micah and then see whether or not the whole Jesus thing makes sense.
If nothing else, there's some fascinating events going on throughout the first 4,000 years of existence.

Sacrifices of livestock can't be done any longer because all of them were to be sacrificed at the Jerusalem Temple, now gone. So while these, and other Temple-dependent commandments are impossible to fulfill because of no temple, or thew Jew isn't in Israel, substitutions came to be accepted. As with money.

Where in the torah does it say that money will do?

Sacrifices of livestock can't be done any longer because all of them were to be sacrificed at the Jerusalem Temple, now gone. So while these, and other Temple-dependent commandments are impossible to fulfill because of no temple, or thew Jew isn't in Israel, substitutions came to be accepted. As with money.

Where in the torah does it say that money will do?
I asked the same question, and the question was side-stepped.

I love you also and that's why I wish you would start with Genesis, follow all the way through Micah and then see whether or not the whole Jesus thing makes sense.
If nothing else, there's some fascinating events going on throughout the first 4,000 years of existence.

I think everyone should read from Genesis to Micah (and then keep reading all the way to Revelation). I think there are way more things hidden in the OT than many people think. It is so relevant to what is happening in the world today and is also the foundation of the Christian faith. When Paul quoted scripture, he quoted the OT. When Peter quoted scripture, he quoted the OT. When John was given the revelation of things to come, his message aligns with what is found throughout the OT including Daniel, Zacheriah, SOS, etc. Even Jesus quoted from the OT. In fact that is why he said, "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." (John 5:39)

So here's to reading the OT over and over and over again!:beer: L'chaim

Forum List

Back